Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... 19:46 - Feb 20 with 8722 viewsChrisabian

...there is something in the takeover rumours?

Wouldn’t have thought he’d had tweeted this without substance to it.

Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 19:48 - Feb 20 with 4872 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Not sure that suggests anything.

Just suggests we are up for grabs, which we have been for years.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 19:48 - Feb 20 with 4878 viewsJ2BLUE

Is that a reliable source?

It does seem like it starts with one person making something up and then more bullsh1tters come out and add a little more to it until there's a big story.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 19:50 - Feb 20 with 4814 viewsChrisabian

Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 19:48 - Feb 20 by Marshalls_Mullet

Not sure that suggests anything.

Just suggests we are up for grabs, which we have been for years.

Seems to suggest there is a deal in the works to me with the wording? Hopefully he’ll provide more info.
Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 19:52 - Feb 20 with 4736 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 19:50 - Feb 20 by Chrisabian

Seems to suggest there is a deal in the works to me with the wording? Hopefully he’ll provide more info.

It's massively open to interpretation.

Good source, but could just be trolling.

Would need to see him follow it up with something a little more credible.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 19:53 - Feb 20 with 4713 viewsChrisabian

Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 19:52 - Feb 20 by Marshalls_Mullet

It's massively open to interpretation.

Good source, but could just be trolling.

Would need to see him follow it up with something a little more credible.

That is true, to be honest. I might be seeing what I want to see!
Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 19:54 - Feb 20 with 4678 viewschicoazul

About a year ago I was told by someone in the City I know very well the Godolphin thing was real, pretty sure I posted that here at the time too
Something is definitely afoot, let’s hope Marcus can cut the deal quick and we can all move on

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 19:54 - Feb 20 with 4661 viewsHerbivore

I'd be amazed if a takeover is anywhere near close and nobody in the local media, with all their sources, has got wind of it. Just seems massively unlikely. Usually takeovers are pretty protracted affairs and news of them breaks way before anything gets formalised.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 19:57 - Feb 20 with 4588 viewsChrisabian

Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 19:54 - Feb 20 by Herbivore

I'd be amazed if a takeover is anywhere near close and nobody in the local media, with all their sources, has got wind of it. Just seems massively unlikely. Usually takeovers are pretty protracted affairs and news of them breaks way before anything gets formalised.

It was a while ago now and before the age of social media, but I can’t recall any hints of Evans’ takeover before it suddenly broke one morning?

Fingers crossed!
Login to get fewer ads

Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 19:57 - Feb 20 with 4556 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 19:53 - Feb 20 by Chrisabian

That is true, to be honest. I might be seeing what I want to see!

You never know though.

I can't imagine the Marcus Evans Group is in the best health just now, he might decide to cut his losses and take an offer on the massive financial liability that is ITFC.

Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 19:58 - Feb 20 with 4537 viewsElderGrizzly

Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 19:48 - Feb 20 by J2BLUE

Is that a reliable source?

It does seem like it starts with one person making something up and then more bullsh1tters come out and add a little more to it until there's a big story.

Maguire is very reliable.

I don’t think he is saying we are about to be sold though, just we are one of biggest clubs who could be
Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 19:58 - Feb 20 with 4533 viewsSomethingBlue

He's not a bullsh7tter and is well connected in the world of football acquisitions so this is interesting.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 19:59 - Feb 20 with 4496 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Seem to recall it was pretty much out of the blue when Mansour took over City.

...not suggesting the same level of takeover here though!!

Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 20:01 - Feb 20 with 4409 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 19:58 - Feb 20 by ElderGrizzly

Maguire is very reliable.

I don’t think he is saying we are about to be sold though, just we are one of biggest clubs who could be

The way he's worded it is open to interpretation;

"One big deal in town" ...not "one big club in town" .

Deal sounds like something that is ongoing.

To be fair, most likely a great example of textbook trolling!!

Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 20:02 - Feb 20 with 4379 viewsGuthrum

Altho bear in mind the owner is not Suffolk-based and there are no local board members (in the traditional sense) who might leak info. The whole thing could be negotiated pretty securely in the Cayman Islands.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 20:06 - Feb 20 with 4242 viewsPlums

Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 20:02 - Feb 20 by Guthrum

Altho bear in mind the owner is not Suffolk-based and there are no local board members (in the traditional sense) who might leak info. The whole thing could be negotiated pretty securely in the Cayman Islands.

Or in Cornwall as somebody’s butler apparently reported on here this week...

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 20:06 - Feb 20 with 4230 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 20:02 - Feb 20 by Guthrum

...not forgetting our owner is also a hermit.

Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 20:06 - Feb 20 with 4225 viewsKieran_Knows

Just ordered some dollars ready for our next visit to Carrow Road with our new American Owners...

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 20:07 - Feb 20 with 4208 viewsMattinLondon

Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 19:54 - Feb 20 by chicoazul

About a year ago I was told by someone in the City I know very well the Godolphin thing was real, pretty sure I posted that here at the time too
Something is definitely afoot, let’s hope Marcus can cut the deal quick and we can all move on

Why didn’t it happen?
Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 20:07 - Feb 20 with 4187 viewsElderGrizzly

Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 20:01 - Feb 20 by Marshalls_Mullet

The way he's worded it is open to interpretation;

"One big deal in town" ...not "one big club in town" .

Deal sounds like something that is ongoing.

To be fair, most likely a great example of textbook trolling!!

Anyone who buys us, is going to lose a lot of money in L1 and Championship.

You’ve got to have deep enough pockets to bankroll a go at promotion to the Premier League, but we also don’t want a takeover like Burnley which piles a huge external debt on the club
Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 20:09 - Feb 20 with 4140 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 20:09 - Feb 20 with 4131 viewsGuthrum

Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 20:07 - Feb 20 by MattinLondon

Why didn’t it happen?

Family matters urgently needed seeing to?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 20:09 - Feb 20 with 4117 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 19:54 - Feb 20 by chicoazul

I have always poured scorn on that rumour and continue to do so.

...however, I would be very pleased if you make a fool of me with an 'I told you so' post' in a couple of weeks time!

Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 20:11 - Feb 20 with 4050 viewschicoazul

Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 20:07 - Feb 20 by MattinLondon

Why didn’t it happen?

Price.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 20:11 - Feb 20 with 4039 viewsPlums

Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 20:07 - Feb 20 by ElderGrizzly

You’ve got to have deep enough pockets to bankroll a go at promotion to the Premier League, but we also don’t want a takeover like Burnley which piles a huge external debt on the club

Yep. I can recall Notts County’s disgraced former owner saying how he could afford to bankroll L2 and L1 but if he reached the Championship, he would need to sell or seek significant investment. It’s not a gap but a chasm between the leagues these days.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 20:11 - Feb 20 with 4025 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Price of Football’s Keiran Maguire suggesting... on 20:07 - Feb 20 by ElderGrizzly

100% agree with all of that.

Would also think you would struggle to get a heavily leveraged deal against ITFC though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024