Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown 07:44 - Feb 21 with 12934 viewsitfcjoe

What a club

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown on 07:51 - Feb 21 with 3885 viewstextbackup

please don't say that. i'm not sure I can handle that.

23 years in lockdown, not leaving the house, all of that I've been fine with, but him being our manager for one more game could force me to take a walk to the orwell bridge

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown on 07:54 - Feb 21 with 3853 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

One more time for those at the back

So if today isn’t the day by C_HealyIsAPleasure 1 Feb 2021 6:48
He’s going to be here until the end of the season, isn’t he?

18/02 EDIT: rather flippant OP, he’ll go slightly earlier if failing to get promoted triggers a clause or if he agrees to a reduced settlement

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown on 07:57 - Feb 21 with 3833 viewsHerbivore

It's mad, isn't it? Most clubs would have sacked him two or three times over at least by now and somehow we're allowing him to stay and piss away our season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown on 07:58 - Feb 21 with 3834 viewsm14_blue

It’s a complete dereliction of duty from Evans.

Every day this drags on is harming the club and irreparably alienating more supporters.

I don’t know how he can’t see it
So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown on 07:58 - Feb 21 with 3830 viewsChurchman

So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown on 07:51 - Feb 21 by textbackup

please don't say that. i'm not sure I can handle that.

23 years in lockdown, not leaving the house, all of that I've been fine with, but him being our manager for one more game could force me to take a walk to the orwell bridge

That is such a depressing thought. He should have been booted out months ago.
So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown on 08:04 - Feb 21 with 3790 viewsuppersirbob

Perhaps Marcus is having trouble recruiting a new manager ?
He has always had one lined up before he gets rid of one

Or this take over is genuine and he just wants the club off his hands as soon as possible and can’t be bothered to sack him ?
So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown on 08:09 - Feb 21 with 3757 viewsDanTheMan

If he's still here when season ticket renewals rumble around, I think Evans in for quite a shock.

I just cannot believe how stubborn he's being. There is nothing to gain keeping him here.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2021 8:12]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown on 08:11 - Feb 21 with 3745 viewsCoastalblue

There has to be something more to this, it just makes no sense. I'm not suggesting or believing that we're being bought out, but it's hard to see any logical reason not to make a change without compelling reason not to.

He's not just failing on the pitch, there's issues across the entire club that are now getting wider coverage, all logic seems to suggest a change is required.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Login to get fewer ads

So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown on 08:12 - Feb 21 with 3734 viewsitfcjoe

So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown on 08:09 - Feb 21 by DanTheMan

If he's still here when season ticket renewals rumble around, I think Evans in for quite a shock.

I just cannot believe how stubborn he's being. There is nothing to gain keeping him here.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2021 8:12]

Evans must still think that a run of results and this all turns round, because we cling on to anything than being utterly awful as a positive and potential first step on a new run

It’ll end up dragging on until 31/32 games played and this season written off
[Post edited 21 Feb 2021 8:13]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown on 08:15 - Feb 21 with 3704 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown on 08:12 - Feb 21 by itfcjoe

Evans must still think that a run of results and this all turns round, because we cling on to anything than being utterly awful as a positive and potential first step on a new run

Already written the season off - the new target is to avoid relegation

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown on 08:16 - Feb 21 with 3690 viewsDanTheMan

So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown on 08:12 - Feb 21 by itfcjoe

I cannot fathom how long we've sunk that a home draw with Oxford is now some incredible job saving result.

Whilst ignoring the fact we've got 25 points in 21 games now. And the whole of last season. Oh and the relegation season.

For a supposedly clever businessman he seems awfully naive.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown on 08:18 - Feb 21 with 3670 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown on 07:57 - Feb 21 by Herbivore

It's mad, isn't it? Most clubs would have sacked him two or three times over at least by now and somehow we're allowing him to stay and piss away our season.

The season has been pissed away already Herbie.

Thoroughly depressing. My first home game was February 1969 against the mighty Man Utd and here we are now listening to feckin Lambert lauding a 0-0 draw at home to Oxford.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown on 08:22 - Feb 21 with 3627 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown on 08:26 - Feb 21 with 3577 viewsHerbivore

So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown on 08:18 - Feb 21 by StochesStotasBlewe

Thoroughly depressing. My first home game was February 1969 against the mighty Man Utd and here we are now listening to feckin Lambert lauding a 0-0 draw at home to Oxford.

This league is so poor that a competent manager could get us on a bit of a run and we could make the play offs. However, it seems Evans won't sack Lambert for whatever reason so it's hard to see anything other than a midtable finish.

So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown on 08:26 - Feb 21 with 3582 viewstextbackup

So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown on 08:11 - Feb 21 by Coastalblue

There has to be something more to this, it just makes no sense. I'm not suggesting or believing that we're being bought out, but it's hard to see any logical reason not to make a change without compelling reason not to.

He's not just failing on the pitch, there's issues across the entire club that are now getting wider coverage, all logic seems to suggest a change is required.

even if we were to be brought out a new manager would be sort after, as happens in many take overs.

surely wed be more attractive if the current clown didn't did 3.5 years paying up right away. ME needs to get rid, and fast

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown on 08:32 - Feb 21 with 3532 viewsAce_High1

So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown on 08:26 - Feb 21 by Herbivore

This league is so poor that a competent manager could get us on a bit of a run and we could make the play offs. However, it seems Evans won't sack Lambert for whatever reason so it's hard to see anything other than a midtable finish.

MONEY.

Has we have been saying for the last 12 months, once that 5 year deal was signed, Evans will not sack PL whilst he has to pay up the rest of the contract.
So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown on 08:32 - Feb 21 with 3528 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown on 08:26 - Feb 21 by Herbivore

Quite agree.
The midweek game against Northampton was akin to two Sunday league teams battling away against each other after having a heavy night down the pub the night before.
Midtable at best while the present incumbent is here.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown on 08:34 - Feb 21 with 3496 viewsHerbivore

So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown on 08:32 - Feb 21 by Ace_High1

MONEY.

Has we have been saying for the last 12 months, once that 5 year deal was signed, Evans will not sack PL whilst he has to pay up the rest of the contract.

He won't have to pay up the rest of the contract. It will cost him a fair chunk I imagine but it's not going to be nearly 4 years worth of the contract.

So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown on 08:37 - Feb 21 with 3476 viewshype313

So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown on 08:34 - Feb 21 by Herbivore

He won't have to pay up the rest of the contract. It will cost him a fair chunk I imagine but it's not going to be nearly 4 years worth of the contract.

If so, makes the whole thing even more baffling.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown on 08:39 - Feb 21 with 3456 viewsCornishMariner

Having already decided, like many, not to renew if Lambert is still around, every day that passes makes it less likely I will renew even if there is a change. I will always support Ipswich and understand the ups and downs of football but at the moment it feels like the club has decided it doesn't want to listen to the fans, taking our support for granted. It feels like we are being taken for fools. There are plenty of other ways to spend the ticket/travel/parking/food money every month.

Poll: Between now and the new season will you mostly be ....

So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown on 08:40 - Feb 21 with 3449 viewsMatterhorn

So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown on 08:18 - Feb 21 by StochesStotasBlewe

I really don’t think he gives a monkeys about the club anymore it’s just a millstone around his neck, if closes us down you won’t hear from him again he’ll just sell the training ground to recover some losses, house prices have gone up during the pandemic especially suffolk that land is the only part of this club that is worth more than when he bought it
So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown on 08:40 - Feb 21 with 3440 viewsHerbivore

So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown on 08:37 - Feb 21 by hype313

If so, makes the whole thing even more baffling.

I honestly don't think it's about money. I can't quite figure out what it is about, but I don't think money is the main issue.

So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown on 08:40 - Feb 21 with 3447 viewsWicksy

Just for a second I thought you meant 2031/32.

But then again, nothing would surprise me about ITFC any more

The cars in the churchyard Were shiny and German Distinctly at odds with The theme of the sermon

So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown on 08:42 - Feb 21 with 3431 viewsGuthrum

Is Evans merely so busy with his other interests (trying to save his hospitality and conferencing businesses during a series of global lockdowns?) that he doesn't have the time to put serious thought into ITFC - beyond not spending more money on it than he has to?

If he's abroad working and all he gets are bullish reports from Lambert plus, perhaps, ones which under-represent fan anger from O'Neill (or he may just have no regard for the latter - BCWYWF, fans always dissatisfied etc.), then he might not have a realistic view of how bad things are getting. All he sees from a quick glance is that we're only a couple of wins from the play-offs.

No urgent need to act.

I'm not at all sure that's true. Would mean none of his other information conduits are working. But it's a viable scenario.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown on 08:42 - Feb 21 with 3418 viewshype313

So looks like we are going to waste another couple of games then with this clown on 08:40 - Feb 21 by Herbivore

I honestly don't think it's about money. I can't quite figure out what it is about, but I don't think money is the main issue.

Which makes me lead to think it can only be a takeover, it's the only plausible reason, but I just can't see how this would happen during a global pandemic and economic downturn.

Its all such a head scratcher.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024