Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Owners 15:20 - Feb 21 with 9341 viewschrismakin

There must be something in these latest 'rumour' reports. Lots of random bits floating around about them

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

New Owners on 15:24 - Feb 21 with 5222 viewshype313

Think it's more wishful thinking on our part.

Not sure we can give much credence to an account with 34 followers and is aligned to Bristol City.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

New Owners on 15:26 - Feb 21 with 5197 viewsWD19

Former CEO at Watford, Oxford and also a Director and West Brom. No evidence of any school teaching qualification unfortunately.
I think it's wishful thinking on their part..... on 15:27 - Feb 21 with 5184 viewsBloots

New Owners on 15:24 - Feb 21 by hype313

Not sure we can give much credence to an account with 34 followers and is aligned to Bristol City.

....he's seen as the root of all their current problems and recent demise.

There is an ongoing campaign to get him out.

Seems a perfect candidate for us.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

New Owners on 15:28 - Feb 21 with 5160 viewsWeWereZombies

New Owners on 15:24 - Feb 21 by hype313

Bristol City? If these rumours turn out to be true but Mark Ashton (and putting a name to a photo of a bossy looking bloke in a collar and tie in front of what looks like a stand has to be conclusive proof that a deal has been done and is about to be announced) turns out to be an even less diplomatic CEO than the recently departed head of KPMG then we can have Ashtongate at Portman Road...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

New Owners on 15:32 - Feb 21 with 5138 viewsPhilTWTD

I've heard that name in connection with the US-based consortium rumours - that Ashton is acting as the go between was the version of the story I was told - but I'm still to find anyone I know here that I think would know stuff who knows anything about it. Indeed the contrary, some have dismissed it as nonsense.
New Owners on 15:35 - Feb 21 with 5048 viewsWD19

New Owners on 15:32 - Feb 21 by PhilTWTD

I've heard that name in connection with the US-based consortium rumours - that Ashton is acting as the go between was the version of the story I was told - but I'm still to find anyone I know here that I think would know stuff who knows anything about it. Indeed the contrary, some have dismissed it as nonsense.

How or why would someone currently employed as the CEO of another football club be acting as the go between in a deal for another club, at the time there is a ‘crisis’ in his own!? I think the nonsense crowd are on the money.
New Owners on 15:39 - Feb 21 with 4977 viewsJ2BLUE

There's no smoke without fire...

...unless you live in the social media age where every attention starved weasel has a gullible audience on standby.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

New Owners on 15:40 - Feb 21 with 4971 viewsMetal_Hacker

Whilst all the rumours and stories doing the rounds right now are making me feel quite optimistic it’s grates on me at the same time that the “evidence” is coming from accounts on various accounts with next to nothing in terms of followers , concrete evidence or even “believe- ability “

That said - I’m a firm believer in there’s no smoke without fire

I truly believe it’s one of two reasons why PL is still here

1) ME is a tight ass with no medium term strategy
2) ME is selling up and passing up on the responsibility of having sack PL and pay him off

No other logical theories resonate with me

Perhaps a third

3) ME is a total clueless fûckwit
[Post edited 21 Feb 2021 15:41]

Poll: If it were one or the other

Login to get fewer ads

New Owners on 15:45 - Feb 21 with 4866 viewsHorsham

Phil, with stuff like a takeover surely it’s highly unlikely people at the club will even know anything until it’s at a very advanced stage. I’d be surprised id ME involved the likes of LON or Lambert or any of the football folk. I’d have thought it would all be handled at group level by ME. Of course I could be wildly wrong. Do you get anything from MEG or just the club? *Completely understand you probably wouldn’t and shouldn’t answer that question!

My hunch is the first leak of any takeover news will probably come from the buyer given how secretive ME is.
New Owners on 15:48 - Feb 21 with 4820 viewsIpswichKnight

New Owners on 15:40 - Feb 21 by Metal_Hacker

Whilst all the rumours and stories doing the rounds right now are making me feel quite optimistic it’s grates on me at the same time that the “evidence” is coming from accounts on various accounts with next to nothing in terms of followers , concrete evidence or even “believe- ability “

2) ME is selling up and passing up on the responsibility of having sack PL and pay him off

Perhaps a third

Price of football site did tweet that we are one of 8-10 clubs that does have interest but it’s a long way off and could equally could come to nothing. That’s a site that has a very good reputation.
New Owners on 15:49 - Feb 21 with 4803 viewshype313

New Owners on 15:45 - Feb 21 by Horsham

Phil, with stuff like a takeover surely it’s highly unlikely people at the club will even know anything until it’s at a very advanced stage. I’d be surprised id ME involved the likes of LON or Lambert or any of the football folk. I’d have thought it would all be handled at group level by ME. Of course I could be wildly wrong. Do you get anything from MEG or just the club? *Completely understand you probably wouldn’t and shouldn’t answer that question!

My hunch is the first leak of any takeover news will probably come from the buyer given how secretive ME is.

Most takeovers of any form require a number of people to sign NDA's, so even if there were things going on, no one outside the people involved will have any idea.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

New Owners on 15:49 - Feb 21 with 4791 viewsJ2BLUE

New Owners on 15:40 - Feb 21 by Metal_Hacker

Perhaps a third

A phrase in no way appropriate for 2020 when literally anyone can make things up. Honestly, if you gave me 48 hours I could sign up to Twitter with a name like @FootballLeagueNews and with less than 50 followers and having never tweeted before I could fill in a few blanks and embellish the story and at least five different people would post it here.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

New Owners on 15:50 - Feb 21 with 4801 viewsPhilTWTD

I think at least someone out of those I've spoken to about it would be aware of it, even if there's something in what you say, it wouldn't be conducted actually out of Portman Road.
New Owners on 15:50 - Feb 21 with 4770 viewsWeWereZombies

Maybe there is someone senior to Marcus Evans in the Marcus Evans Group whose is doing the negotiating and even Marcus Evans has not been told about the takeover?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

New Owners on 15:53 - Feb 21 with 4717 viewsHorsham

New Owners on 15:49 - Feb 21 by hype313

Most takeovers of any form require a number of people to sign NDA's, so even if there were things going on, no one outside the people involved will have any idea.

NDAs don’t always stop people leaking stuff though. I’ve been taken over a few times and worked on one or two as well. I’m not naive to stuff getting out and it’s all possible that it does. I’d just suspect ME would handle the sale within a very small group of people a long way from Ipswich.
New Owners on 15:55 - Feb 21 with 4683 viewsIllinoisblue

Even if it is true, we’re still relying on Evans making a decision for the good of ITFC. So, there’s that.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

New Owners on 16:00 - Feb 21 with 4576 viewsHerbivore

Some serious straw clutching going on of late.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

New Owners on 16:01 - Feb 21 with 4564 viewsHorsham

New Owners on 15:50 - Feb 21 by PhilTWTD

I think at least someone out of those I've spoken to about it would be aware of it, even if there's something in what you say, it wouldn't be conducted actually out of Portman Road.

Thanks Phil, no slight intended on you or your sources. Keep up the good work sir.
New Owners on 16:03 - Feb 21 with 4522 viewsHorsham

New Owners on 15:50 - Feb 21 by WeWereZombies

Maybe there is someone senior to Marcus Evans in the Marcus Evans Group whose is doing the negotiating and even Marcus Evans has not been told about the takeover?

Or maybe someone junior...we are but a footnote and a blemish on his portfolio!
New Owners on 16:16 - Feb 21 with 4330 viewsMrTown

He’s hated at Bristol.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

New Owners on 16:22 - Feb 21 with 4261 viewseddiespearitt03

New Owners on 15:55 - Feb 21 by Illinoisblue

Even if it is true, we’re still relying on Evans making a decision for the good of ITFC. So, there’s that.

All we can hope for is that Mr Evans has finally realized he has failed. Took poor advice, made awful decisions , been duped and wasted a lot of money.
New Owners on 16:25 - Feb 21 with 4224 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Surely there is a bit of a conflict of interest there if he is still in post at BC?

If nothing else they must take a dim view if he's working on the purchase of a club whilst he's supposed to be running another?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

New Owners on 16:31 - Feb 21 with 4140 viewsMattinLondon

There’s nothing in rumours as it’s all total and utter rubbish.
New Owners on 16:33 - Feb 21 with 4131 viewsChurchman

Wishful thinking, sadly. We are a little League One club with a dreadful reputation saddled with an enormous debt. Even if Evans is happy to write off the losses, what’s in it for any buyer, unless they have a love for the club and very deep pockets?

I dearly hope I am wrong.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2021 16:33]
New Owners on 16:35 - Feb 21 with 4086 viewsHerbivore

New Owners on 16:33 - Feb 21 by Churchman

Wishful thinking, sadly. We are a little League One club with a dreadful reputation saddled with an enormous debt. Even if Evans is happy to write off the losses, what’s in it for any buyer, unless they have a love for the club and very deep pockets?

I dearly hope I am wrong.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2021 16:33]

We aren't a 'little' League 1 club at all. Much as we feel we're a shambles I'm also not sure it's right to say that the club has a 'dreadful reputation'.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024