Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading Joe's thread and Phil's replies 16:19 - Feb 21 with 2269 viewsHipsterectomy

It just makes me hate the football club and everything about it, at least what it currently is and has been for 10 years and will likely continue to be in the future. Bad/abrupt decisions, lack of ambition, moving the goal-posts when things go wrong to lower expectations further, the ever-changing and redundant 'five-year plan'. I'm going into games wanting us to lose considering a 0-0 draw against Oxford seems enough to keep a guy in a job whom national media pundits are even questioning why we hired him as his manager record was awful. The official club twitter's pathetic attempts at trying to create positivity when every post is met by 20-30+ 'Lambert out'/'fk off and sack him' etc posts. Players now banished indefinitely due to mistakes or emotional/sarcastic comments with a hint of disrespect toward the manager.

Someone give me hope that things are going to change - soon!

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Reading Joe's thread and Phil's replies on 16:31 - Feb 21 with 2179 viewsStenvict

When we aren't playing, I try to remove myself from anything to do with ITFC. I'll have a look now and again to see if anything has changed, otherwise I'll just get on with life. Everything about ITFC is depressing at the moment, there's no point getting worked up about it. The club will still be here in 2, 3 years time.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Reading Joe's thread and Phil's replies on 17:06 - Feb 21 with 2023 viewsGeorge25

I’ve never seen a fan base be so strongly against a manger. Even at the end of Mick, he still had a small proportion of fans that still backed him. At least Mick had the players behind him an was well regarded by everyone working at the football club. Not only is lambert not performing on the pitch he’s harming the club behind the scenes. There’s is no benefit of him being here and the longer he is hear more harm it’s doing to the club.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2021 17:09]
Reading Joe's thread and Phil's replies on 17:09 - Feb 21 with 1988 viewsjayessess

It's grim that they keep wheeling players out to back him as well. You know they're just doing as they're told, but I can't help feel a bit of resentment watching player after player tell me "this is fine" as we slide to the lowest league finish in my lifetime.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Reading Joe's thread and Phil's replies on 17:25 - Feb 21 with 1886 viewsronnyd

Don't get me wrong, i want Lambert out as much as most posting on here. In fact, i was not impressed when Evans gave him the job in the first place. We don't know the feelings of the wider ITFC fan base, only the posting on here. Until crowds return to the games we can't know how the non TWTDers feel. Should be gone by then though.
Reading Joe's thread and Phil's replies on 17:40 - Feb 21 with 1802 viewsSteve_M

Evans' ownership of ITFC has been a colossal failure both for him and the club, an ownership characterised by simplistic approaches, late decision making and a half-arsed 'will this do' approach. The odd times he's put some effort in - Arsenal home semi-final, play-off match - the effect is notably different.

Everyone seems to have forgotten just how drawn out the end of Jewell's time here was - he ended up offering to resign such was Evans' reluctance to sack him - and he's repeating that indecision again now. To give Lambert a new contract at a point where he probably should have been sacked is a decision staggering in it's ineptitude, even by the low standards set over the last thirteen years.

I don't think it's fair for you to lash out at the Twitter account though, we know that the low-level club employees aren't paid a lot, it's just someone trying to do their job, probably fully aware just how hollow everything sounds.

Evans remains the sole decision maker at the club and he's utterly crap at making them, direct the ire at him. This is his fault as much, if not more, than it is Lambert's.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2021 19:42]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Reading Joe's thread and Phil's replies on 17:44 - Feb 21 with 1766 viewsJ2BLUE

Reading Joe's thread and Phil's replies on 17:40 - Feb 21 by Steve_M

Evans' ownership of ITFC has been a colossal failure both for him and the club, an ownership characterised by simplistic approaches, late decision making and a half-arsed 'will this do' approach. The odd times he's put some effort in - Arsenal home semi-final, play-off match - the effect is notably different.

Everyone seems to have forgotten just how drawn out the end of Jewell's time here was - he ended up offering to resign such was Evans' reluctance to sack him - and he's repeating that indecision again now. To give Lambert a new contract at a point where he probably should have been sacked is a decision staggering in it's ineptitude, even by the low standards set over the last thirteen years.

I don't think it's fair for you to lash out at the Twitter account though, we know that the low-level club employees aren't paid a lot, it's just someone trying to do their job, probably fully aware just how hollow everything sounds.

Evans remains the sole decision maker at the club and he's utterly crap at making them, direct the ire at him. This is his fault as much, if not more, than it is Lambert's.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2021 19:42]

That last paragraph nails it. We're all worried about the model of the car but whether it's a Ferrari or a Fiat it's going to be driven by a dog.

With that said, if Evans backs Lambert next week with another statement I don't know if I can keep coming here and reading about it daily. I might go out on loan until Lambert has gone.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Reading Joe's thread and Phil's replies on 19:24 - Feb 21 with 1557 viewsIllinoisblue

I just hope Lambert is around long enough for someone in a presser to reply to his “big club” bragging with “all that big club experience, Paul, why are you failing so miserably in League 1?”

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Reading Joe's thread and Phil's replies on 19:27 - Feb 21 with 1526 viewstextbackup

Reading Joe's thread and Phil's replies on 19:24 - Feb 21 by Illinoisblue

I just hope Lambert is around long enough for someone in a presser to reply to his “big club” bragging with “all that big club experience, Paul, why are you failing so miserably in League 1?”

I wouldn't care if I never saw another town game again, as long as I hear that question

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Reading Joe's thread and Phil's replies on 19:34 - Feb 21 with 1466 viewsScuzzer

Never hated Ipswich Town Football Club, I dont hate it even now, probably will never hate it.
If you hate it...support somebody you dont. How about Norwich.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2021 19:35]

Established 1968

Reading Joe's thread and Phil's replies on 19:36 - Feb 21 with 1441 viewsCokeIsKey

Reading Joe's thread and Phil's replies on 19:34 - Feb 21 by Scuzzer

Never hated Ipswich Town Football Club, I dont hate it even now, probably will never hate it.
If you hate it...support somebody you dont. How about Norwich.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2021 19:35]

Thanks Lee.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Reading Joe's thread and Phil's replies on 19:44 - Feb 21 with 1372 viewsjayessess

Reading Joe's thread and Phil's replies on 17:25 - Feb 21 by ronnyd

Don't get me wrong, i want Lambert out as much as most posting on here. In fact, i was not impressed when Evans gave him the job in the first place. We don't know the feelings of the wider ITFC fan base, only the posting on here. Until crowds return to the games we can't know how the non TWTDers feel. Should be gone by then though.

Is there any particular reasons to imagine TWTD isn't representative of the wider fan base? Over the past few months I've seen polls on here, Twitter and the EADT, all of which had 90% out votes. It's at least a month since I've seen anyone offer any defence of him at all.

There's no reason I can see that online ITFC fans or even just EADT-readers should be any more anti-Lambert than anyone else?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Reading Joe's thread and Phil's replies on 19:47 - Feb 21 with 1348 viewsjas0999

Evans showing his true colours yet again. Fans should aim their frustrations towards him. Sounds like he is happy with a 0-0 at home to Oxford. Said quickly it may seem okay. But it really isn’t. The managers record is a disgrace. At any other club he’d be sacked. Shows how terrible Evans is.
Reading Joe's thread and Phil's replies on 19:49 - Feb 21 with 1332 viewsParky

I feel your pain, everything about the club is so depressing at the moment.

I can’t even enjoy it when we win or get a good result, because I know the tosser will be unbearable and rude in his press conferences.

The bar at the moment is ridiculously low, it’s embarrassing. 12th in League One and 14 points off automatic promotion is just plain failure, but it appears to be acceptable.

Whilst I do get there are clearly some broader issues at the club with the structure and some of Evans’ decision making, if Lambert was to go; it would at least give the fans a fresh start and a bit of ambition.
Reading Joe's thread and Phil's replies on 20:25 - Feb 21 with 1188 viewsitfctilidie

Reading Joe's thread and Phil's replies on 19:44 - Feb 21 by jayessess

Is there any particular reasons to imagine TWTD isn't representative of the wider fan base? Over the past few months I've seen polls on here, Twitter and the EADT, all of which had 90% out votes. It's at least a month since I've seen anyone offer any defence of him at all.

There's no reason I can see that online ITFC fans or even just EADT-readers should be any more anti-Lambert than anyone else?

I think TWTD is totally underestimated by the club. This is where I come for anything Ipswich related. I cant remember the last time i went to the official site, and i dont know of any other sites
Reading Joe's thread and Phil's replies on 20:31 - Feb 21 with 1150 viewsMrTown

It’s a really depressing state, but do what I do, laugh or you’ll cry approach.

The current circus won’t go on forever, and a switch in manager with the correct appointment will lift a lot of the dark clouds. Whilst the change of manager isn’t as imminent as people are hoping for, I cannot see PL leading us into next season.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024