Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nigel Pearson to Bristol City until the end of the season... 20:07 - Feb 21 with 3287 viewsSitfcB

Cross his name out on our list.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Nigel Pearson to Bristol City until the end of the season... on 20:13 - Feb 21 with 2564 viewsHarry_Palmer

No real surprise, by the time Marcus has dithered for few more weeks we will be looking at a shortlist of Megson and Parkinson........what a club!
Nigel Pearson to Bristol City until the end of the season... on 20:13 - Feb 21 with 2559 viewsParky

Evans to wait until the end of the season and hope Pearson is available again then, I would assume.

How depressing.
Nigel Pearson to Bristol City until the end of the season... on 20:14 - Feb 21 with 2536 viewsJ2BLUE

What about Eddie Howe, should we cross him off as well?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Nigel Pearson to Bristol City until the end of the season... on 20:15 - Feb 21 with 2534 viewsCrayonKing

Would have been great for us, but was probably a long-shot anyway. He was always likely to have better offers.

How depressing that Bristol City is now a better job than ITFC!
Nigel Pearson to Bristol City until the end of the season... on 20:15 - Feb 21 with 2528 viewsPlums

I sincerely hope Pearson was top of Evans’ list and he’s lost him due to his dithering over Lambert. We’ll be OK through because he does learn from his mistakes
[Post edited 21 Feb 2021 20:15]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Nigel Pearson to Bristol City until the end of the season... on 20:19 - Feb 21 with 2432 viewsHarry_Palmer

Nigel Pearson to Bristol City until the end of the season... on 20:15 - Feb 21 by CrayonKing

Would have been great for us, but was probably a long-shot anyway. He was always likely to have better offers.

You say that but it's only a contract until the end of the season. Had Marcus pulled his finger out sooner and offered Pearson a 3 year deal he may well have chosen us. But Marcus is gonna Marcus....
Nigel Pearson to Bristol City until the end of the season... on 20:19 - Feb 21 with 2424 viewsfabian_illness

He was the man I wanted.
Quite disappointed at that.
Nigel Pearson to Bristol City until the end of the season... on 20:19 - Feb 21 with 2415 viewstractordownsouth

Hopefully that keeps Cook as the front runner here then. Get your skates on Marcus!

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Login to get fewer ads

Nigel Pearson to Bristol City until the end of the season... on 20:21 - Feb 21 with 2397 viewsCrayonKing

Nigel Pearson to Bristol City until the end of the season... on 20:19 - Feb 21 by Harry_Palmer

You say that but it's only a contract until the end of the season. Had Marcus pulled his finger out sooner and offered Pearson a 3 year deal he may well have chosen us. But Marcus is gonna Marcus....

very true!

By the time he finally acts Pearson might be available again!
Nigel Pearson to Bristol City until the end of the season... on 20:22 - Feb 21 with 2373 viewsWD19

I am delusional and hoping this gives us a real chance of landing Cook.
Nigel Pearson to Bristol City until the end of the season... on 20:27 - Feb 21 with 2300 viewsMrTown

When Cook goes, I’ll throw the towel in. Won’t lose any sleep over Pearson (although a good manager - face doesn’t fit for me).

Has to be Cook. However when it comes around to us actually being in the market for a new manager, we’ll land Parkinson.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Nigel Pearson to Bristol City until the end of the season... on 20:28 - Feb 21 with 2304 viewsChurchman

If Lambert goes, I don’t think it’s likely anyone of the caliber of Howe, Cook or Pearson would come anywhere near here. They are way out of our league. We are in the middle of Division One, unable to compete with most of what’s above us.

The best we can do and possibly the right thing to do is take a punt on somebody like Dyer or Mark Venus. Somebody looking to start at the management game. The lower leagues is a good place for it even if they are working for a tool like Evans. It’s that or more failed dross like Jewell or Lambert.
Nigel Pearson to Bristol City until the end of the season... on 20:36 - Feb 21 with 2203 viewsMrTown

Nigel Pearson to Bristol City until the end of the season... on 20:28 - Feb 21 by Churchman

If Lambert goes, I don’t think it’s likely anyone of the caliber of Howe, Cook or Pearson would come anywhere near here. They are way out of our league. We are in the middle of Division One, unable to compete with most of what’s above us.

The best we can do and possibly the right thing to do is take a punt on somebody like Dyer or Mark Venus. Somebody looking to start at the management game. The lower leagues is a good place for it even if they are working for a tool like Evans. It’s that or more failed dross like Jewell or Lambert.

Howe turned down Bristol as he wants Premier League job. Cook would be interested in this, and it certainly is a long term gig, and with overhaul ahead in the summer, whilst a lot of good L1 players remain, it would be seen as a really enticing project for a Cook / Cowley figure.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Nigel Pearson to Bristol City until the end of the season... on 20:49 - Feb 21 with 2088 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Nigel Pearson to Bristol City until the end of the season... on 20:15 - Feb 21 by Plums

I sincerely hope Pearson was top of Evans’ list and he’s lost him due to his dithering over Lambert. We’ll be OK through because he does learn from his mistakes
[Post edited 21 Feb 2021 20:15]

If Brizzle have appointed him the only way we have "lost out" is if we could have attracted him and got it all signed off before they expressed their interest surely? He must fancy his chances of sorting out a Championship club on Championship wages and moving them forward rather than working in League 1 on League 1 wages.

I would have loved us to get him in, but I doubt it was ever realistic.

There is no point waiting for Pearson until the end of the season because he only becomes available at that stage if Brizzle are unhappy with the job he has done. We need to be realistic but we also need to get it right.

Cook or Venus with Dyer for me now.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Nigel Pearson to Bristol City until the end of the season... on 20:52 - Feb 21 with 2059 viewsJ2BLUE

Nigel Pearson to Bristol City until the end of the season... on 20:28 - Feb 21 by Churchman

We are in the middle of division three because the manager is incompetent. A decent manager would get this team up and then they could rebuild.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Nigel Pearson to Bristol City until the end of the season... on 20:54 - Feb 21 with 2037 viewsParky

I think Paul Cook would definitely be interested. He’s been out of work now since the Summer, he was on Sky Sports News the other month saying he would take a job in League One if it was right for him.

There was rumours he turned down short-term deals at Cardiff and Sheffield Wednesday, so I would imagine the job security at Ipswich would appeal to him.

Whether he will be available the time Lambert departs, is another story. My gut instinct is we will end up with Neil Harris.
Nigel Pearson to Bristol City until the end of the season... on 21:03 - Feb 21 with 1964 viewsChurchman

Nigel Pearson to Bristol City until the end of the season... on 20:52 - Feb 21 by J2BLUE

We are in the middle of division three because the manager is incompetent. A decent manager would get this team up and then they could rebuild.

I really hope you are right and I used to think that. But my concern is that we have a club that is unprofessional, stuffed with players who are not as good as they think they are, loanees, players who have poor attitude and take no responsibility, others who are not very good or miles past their sell by date collecting a wage and a few with promising careers.

Any new manager would need a complete clear out in my view and time to actually build a real team. As it’s a garbage league, I don’t think it has to be a brilliant one; just a team. Counting to eleven and herding them out of the dressing room to ‘give it a go’ Lambert style has to stop.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2021 21:04]
Nigel Pearson to Bristol City until the end of the season... on 21:07 - Feb 21 with 1944 viewsBelsteadCav

🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

He was my pick

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

Nigel Pearson to Bristol City until the end of the season... on 21:31 - Feb 21 with 1823 viewsmr_bean

Nigel Pearson to Bristol City until the end of the season... on 20:54 - Feb 21 by Parky

I think Paul Cook would definitely be interested. He’s been out of work now since the Summer, he was on Sky Sports News the other month saying he would take a job in League One if it was right for him.

There was rumours he turned down short-term deals at Cardiff and Sheffield Wednesday, so I would imagine the job security at Ipswich would appeal to him.

Whether he will be available the time Lambert departs, is another story. My gut instinct is we will end up with Neil Harris.

My gut instinct is we will end up with Rolf Harris.
Nigel Pearson to Bristol City until the end of the season... on 21:37 - Feb 21 with 1780 viewscarlisleaway

Nigel Pearson to Bristol City until the end of the season... on 21:07 - Feb 21 by BelsteadCav

🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

He was my pick

Typical Evans, Pearson would have been a strong candidate but no he sticks with that puppet Lambert. I fear for my club with Evans and Lambert in charge.
Nigel Pearson to Bristol City until the end of the season... on 22:00 - Feb 21 with 1666 viewshoppy

Nigel Pearson to Bristol City until the end of the season... on 21:31 - Feb 21 by mr_bean

My gut instinct is we will end up with Rolf Harris.

Oh blimey. Even though he’s dead? Would be less reliance on the older loan market I suppose.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Nigel Pearson to Bristol City until the end of the season... on 22:22 - Feb 21 with 1533 viewsTractorCraigo

Nigel Pearson to Bristol City until the end of the season... on 20:15 - Feb 21 by CrayonKing

Not sure what relevance this is as Pearson has never been linked with Town anyway. Maybe in our imaginations yes. In reality no chance.
Nigel Pearson to Bristol City until the end of the season... on 22:23 - Feb 21 with 1527 viewsSamWhiteUK

I'm still surprised anyone here ever thought we had a chance at getting Pearson in
[Post edited 22 Feb 2021 15:28]
Nigel Pearson to Bristol City until the end of the season... on 22:34 - Feb 21 with 1454 viewsHighgateBlue

Nigel Pearson to Bristol City until the end of the season... on 22:00 - Feb 21 by hoppy

Oh blimey. Even though he’s dead? Would be less reliance on the older loan market I suppose.

Erm, he's not dead?

*prepares to be 'whooshed'...
Nigel Pearson to Bristol City until the end of the season... on 22:41 - Feb 21 with 1415 viewsBlue_Blood_

Phew didn't want him at Itfc
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024