Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One less to worry about! 14:11 - Feb 22 with 1114 viewsPaphosBlue

Just seen Joey Barton has been appointed at Bristol Rovers

Poll: What would Lambert have to do for you to accept him as Manager

One less to worry about! on 14:14 - Feb 22 with 1099 viewshype313

I'd have Joey over Lambert.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

One less to worry about! on 14:14 - Feb 22 with 1086 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

One less to worry about! on 14:14 - Feb 22 by hype313

That's a very low benchmark.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

One less to worry about! on 14:15 - Feb 22 with 1071 viewshype313

One less to worry about! on 14:14 - Feb 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

That's a very low benchmark.

Well, quite, but we are we where we are.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

One less to worry about! on 14:17 - Feb 22 with 1056 viewsEdmundo

Dyer and Butcher all day long.
Fed up with paying top dollar for has-beens and charlatans.
At least they're blue through and through.
Evan's has to realise that's what we want as much as success: people at the club who love it as much as we do.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

One less to worry about! on 14:20 - Feb 22 with 1032 viewsNthQldITFC

I too am glad we didn't get Joey Essex.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

One less to worry about! on 14:22 - Feb 22 with 1016 viewsChurchman

One less to worry about! on 14:14 - Feb 22 by hype313

I’d appoint Joey from Friends over Lambert
One less to worry about! on 14:23 - Feb 22 with 1014 viewsitfcpaul

Who would you really want as Manager, obviously within reality, looks like Pearson is off the list, so looks like a short list, from fans, of:

Dyer and Butcher
Paul Cook
Cowley Brothers
Neil Harris (apparently)

My choice would be, but unlikely unless he gets the push from Blackburn, is Tony Mowbray, but not sure he would come now

Would Klug take it in a caretaker role until the end of the season?

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

One less to worry about! on 14:23 - Feb 22 with 1002 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

One less to worry about! on 14:22 - Feb 22 by Churchman

I’d appoint Joey from Friends over Lambert

Funnily enough, he's the American who's buying the club!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

One less to worry about! on 14:26 - Feb 22 with 981 viewsitfcjoe

I think he'd have done a decent job here, I do quite like him

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

One less to worry about! on 14:27 - Feb 22 with 973 viewsOsborneOneNil

One less to worry about! on 14:23 - Feb 22 by itfcpaul

Who would you really want as Manager, obviously within reality, looks like Pearson is off the list, so looks like a short list, from fans, of:

Dyer and Butcher
Paul Cook
Cowley Brothers
Neil Harris (apparently)

My choice would be, but unlikely unless he gets the push from Blackburn, is Tony Mowbray, but not sure he would come now

COOK!!!

Stand out choice
One less to worry about! on 14:33 - Feb 22 with 953 viewshomer_123

One less to worry about! on 14:23 - Feb 22 by itfcpaul

Dyer and Butcher
Paul Cook
Cowley Brothers
Neil Harris (apparently)

Klug has made it very clear he has no interest in being a long term manager, so that simply isn't an option.

What we 'need' is a manager or management/coaching team that can perform given the current situation of the Club. Evans isn't going to do anything differently to what has gone before so whoever it is has to work within that and have a track record of 'delivering results'.

Whilst Dyer and Butcher would galvanise the supporters, they would be an incredibly poor choice as they won't get the support they need from Evans and the wider ITFC Management Team and any short term gains would be lost. My heart says a good choice but not the head.

Harris is a straight out no for me - no club connection and simply not delivered anything of real note as a manager.

Which leaves us with Cook and the Cowleys.

Cook win % is decent and his history is pretty good. Older than I thought which leads me to say that I think the Cowleys would be our best bet both short and long term.

The Cowleys have worked under varying types of Club setup both in terms of management and resources. They would be perfectly self sufficient in the short term to take the reigns but have the savvy to try and develop the Club longer term. I believe in the very short term they would be capable of getting a lot more out of this squad than Lambert whilst also building and developing longer term.

I think Cook could deliver short term but the Cowleys seem a good fit. Pragmatic, efficient, forward thinking, self-sufficient capable of delivering in the short, medium and long term.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2021 14:56]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

One less to worry about! on 14:39 - Feb 22 with 912 viewsitfcpaul

One less to worry about! on 14:33 - Feb 22 by homer_123

Klug has made it very clear he has no interest in being a long term manager, so that simply isn't an option.

What we 'need' is a manager or management/coaching team that can perform given the current situation of the Club. Evans isn't going to do anything differently to what has gone before so whoever it is has to work within that and have a track record of 'delivering results'.

Whilst Dyer and Butcher would galvanise the supporters, they would be an incredibly poor choice as they won't get the support they need from Evans and the wider ITFC Management Team and any short term gains would be lost. My heart says a good choice but not the head.

Harris is a straight out no for me - no club connection and simply not delivered anything of real note as a manager.

Cook win % is decent and his history is pretty good. Older than I thought which leads me to say that I think the Cowleys would be our best bet both short and long term.

The Cowleys have worked under varying types of Club setup both in terms of management and resources. They would be perfectly self sufficient in the short term to take the reigns but have the savvy to try and develop the Club longer term. I believe in the very short term they would be capable of getting a lot more out of this squad than Lambert whilst also building and developing longer term.

I think Cook could deliver short term but the Cowleys seem a good fit. Pragmatic, efficient, forward thinking, self-sufficient capable of delivering in the short, medium and long term.

I agree to be honest, but they get a bit of negativity down to their perceived long ball game plan but have seen enough to know they can play loads of differing ways

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

One less to worry about! on 14:44 - Feb 22 with 896 viewsitfcjoe

One less to worry about! on 14:33 - Feb 22 by homer_123

The only thing I'd disagree with is about Dyer and Butcher....

There was a big Athletic article a year ago now:
https://theathletic.com/1653901/2020/03/07/ipswich-town-lambert-marcus-evans-rel

It talks almost about an academy mafia who have a big say in the club, if this is the case and KD and TB get the job then it will be because they are the preferred management due of this lot.

The academy is one of the best functioning areas of the football club, what's to say they can't run the club as well as they had the academy and promote from within? There aren't any other footballing structures in place

One less to worry about! on 14:53 - Feb 22 with 866 viewshomer_123

One less to worry about! on 14:44 - Feb 22 by itfcjoe

The only thing I'd disagree with is about Dyer and Butcher....

There was a big Athletic article a year ago now:
https://theathletic.com/1653901/2020/03/07/ipswich-town-lambert-marcus-evans-rel

It talks almost about an academy mafia who have a big say in the club, if this is the case and KD and TB get the job then it will be because they are the preferred management due of this lot.

The academy is one of the best functioning areas of the football club, what's to say they can't run the club as well as they had the academy and promote from within? There aren't any other footballing structures in place

In the short term, that duo would get a bounce like no other - for that alone, from a fans perspective, I see the attraction.

Your point is interesting and I can see the logic of that view. The question that gnaws at me is this:

If the academy is one of the best functioning areas of the football club, why isn't that being replicated with the first team?

If the appointment of Dyer and Butcher meant wholesale behind the scenes changes that see what we do at Academy level brought through to the first team (which is something that Lambert has talked indept about in the past) - they would be more attractive. But, my reservations would remain - I cannot see Evans giving that level of backing.

Hence, all things being equal, the Cowleys are the logical fit.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2021 14:59]

One less to worry about! on 14:55 - Feb 22 with 857 viewshomer_123

One less to worry about! on 14:39 - Feb 22 by itfcpaul

I agree to be honest, but they get a bit of negativity down to their perceived long ball game plan but have seen enough to know they can play loads of differing ways

Indeed, hence the first word I used for them is pragmatic.

One less to worry about! on 15:01 - Feb 22 with 827 viewsitfcjoe

One less to worry about! on 14:53 - Feb 22 by homer_123

In the short term, that duo would get a bounce like no other - for that alone, from a fans perspective, I see the attraction.

Your point is interesting and I can see the logic of that view. The question that gnaws at me is this:

If the academy is one of the best functioning areas of the football club, why isn't that being replicated with the first team?

If the appointment of Dyer and Butcher meant wholesale behind the scenes changes that see what we do at Academy level brought through to the first team (which is something that Lambert has talked indept about in the past) - they would be more attractive. But, my reservations would remain - I cannot see Evans giving that level of backing.

Hence, all things being equal, the Cowleys are the logical fit.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2021 14:59]

They would be my first choice too.

But if the academy guys are running, it would mean that they have a good relationship with O'Neill as it is, he could then focus on his job and appoint someone to help him run the academy after doing both. Frees up a member of staff for recruitment iunder him etc

We get away from Lambert who claims to want a structure, but has alienated or tried to disasscoiate himself from Bowman, Klug, Dyer, Nash, etc......for someone who wants a structure he doesn't seem to trust anyone in the club who is here and is constantly politicking to get them out the way.

That can't be how it works here, if the manager can't buy into what and who is here then he's not the right man.

I think the Cowley's seem the right sort to do so, to get everyone on side etc to not feel threatened by everyone and everything

One less to worry about! on 15:03 - Feb 22 with 814 viewsBelsteadCav

Joey Barton would have been an excellent choice for town

Plus he’s good friends with Dyer, so it would have kept the happy clappers happy

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

One less to worry about! on 15:04 - Feb 22 with 803 viewsSamWhiteUK

One less to worry about! on 14:15 - Feb 22 by hype313

Well, quite, but we are we where we are.

I sounded like an ambulance as I struggled to read that last bit
I'd have him over Lambert... BUT on 15:21 - Feb 22 with 745 viewsunstableblue

.. I'm not sure he'd pass must be one of our manager selection criteria - 'not being a sociopath nutter, some semblance of media/fan positive relations '

Keane, Hust and Lambert must have taught us that one!!!

I would say Barton would definitely lift this team to be playing much better and more effective. But long before some controversy?

We just can't feck this next selection up.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024