Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jim White from the Telegraph... 17:42 - Feb 22 with 15582 viewsitfcjoe

....who wrote the excellent article in there last week.

Rich from Blue Monday podcast has interviewed him and pod will drop in the usual places and YouTube at 6pm.....really interesting, and JW seems adamant that there is something in this talk of takeover or something along those lines.....well worth a listen

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jim White from the Telegraph... on 17:49 - Feb 22 with 6123 viewsFarmerpiles

Will listen as always. Fingers xd for something....anything positive!
Jim White from the Telegraph... on 17:50 - Feb 22 with 6099 viewsIllinoisblue

Imagine a future without Evans and Lambert... tingling all over

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Jim White from the Telegraph... on 17:55 - Feb 22 with 6052 viewstextbackup

reading the stuff on the Bristol city CEO..... it might be frying pan to fire, but ill take that

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Jim White from the Telegraph... on 18:20 - Feb 22 with 5821 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Is JW an Ipswich fan?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Jim White from the Telegraph... on 18:34 - Feb 22 with 5739 viewsCoastalblue

Listening now, was just coming on to encourage people to have a listen. Interesting to hear a knowledgeable outsider.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Jim White from the Telegraph... on 18:39 - Feb 22 with 5666 viewstmiller12

Seems like there may just be something in these rumours, Jim seemed to talk so matter-of-factly about it... Rich's eyes lit up as did mine! Seems like the most concrete indication we have had thus far, fingers firmly crossed.
Jim White from the Telegraph... on 18:42 - Feb 22 with 5619 viewsitfcjoe

Jim White from the Telegraph... on 18:20 - Feb 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

Is JW an Ipswich fan?

No

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jim White from the Telegraph... on 18:51 - Feb 22 with 5536 viewsDanTheMan

Link for those interested:

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Login to get fewer ads

Jim White from the Telegraph... on 18:55 - Feb 22 with 5453 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Jim White from the Telegraph... on 18:42 - Feb 22 by itfcjoe

No

Just wondered why the interest, seems rare for us to get a national journo taking an interest. Very welcome though.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Jim White from the Telegraph... on 18:58 - Feb 22 with 5415 viewsCoastalblue

Jim White from the Telegraph... on 18:55 - Feb 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

Just wondered why the interest, seems rare for us to get a national journo taking an interest. Very welcome though.

Give it a listen when you get the chance, seems like a guy who's fascinated by why we've ended up where we are without having some devious owners draining us of cash and assets. The way he puts it, we are something of an exceptional case in some ways.

A decent listen, wish it had gone on longer tbh, though he does seem to think there's something concrete about takeover talks.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2021 18:59]

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.

Jim White from the Telegraph... on 19:03 - Feb 22 with 5342 viewsjayessess

Jim White from the Telegraph... on 18:58 - Feb 22 by Coastalblue

Give it a listen when you get the chance, seems like a guy who's fascinated by why we've ended up where we are without having some devious owners draining us of cash and assets. The way he puts it, we are something of an exceptional case in some ways.

A decent listen, wish it had gone on longer tbh, though he does seem to think there's something concrete about takeover talks.

When "will we get relegated again" stuff came up, I really struggle to think of a club of our size that's been lower than this without it being directly related to some drastic financial calamity.

So we might be the worst run non-crisis club in English football?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Jim White from the Telegraph... on 19:10 - Feb 22 with 5228 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Jim White from the Telegraph... on 18:58 - Feb 22 by Coastalblue

Will do, always listen to the BM pods.

Jim White from the Telegraph... on 19:13 - Feb 22 with 5214 viewstractorboy1978

Jim White from the Telegraph... on 18:39 - Feb 22 by tmiller12

Seems like there may just be something in these rumours, Jim seemed to talk so matter-of-factly about it... Rich's eyes lit up as did mine! Seems like the most concrete indication we have had thus far, fingers firmly crossed.

Yes - this is the first time I think something could well be happening. As you say, so matter of fact about it.
Jim White from the Telegraph... on 19:15 - Feb 22 with 5169 viewsericclacton

Well done Rich and Blue Monday.
Jim White from the Telegraph... on 19:18 - Feb 22 with 5141 viewsDanTheMan

Interesting that he thinks there is more than rumour to the takeover stuff.

Jim White from the Telegraph... on 19:18 - Feb 22 with 5126 viewsjeera

First time I've listened to that but I will be in future.

That Rich chap comes across well and I thought the room he gave JW to talk was ideal.

Yes, well done for not trying to make it all about himself and for getting what he wanted by letting the guest speak.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Jim White from the Telegraph... on 19:19 - Feb 22 with 5134 viewsGeorge03

Great listen. Interesting points on the academy. Maybe a restructure of the academy is needed like what’s just happened at Sunderland.
Jim White from the Telegraph... on 19:20 - Feb 22 with 5109 viewsDanTheMan

Jim White from the Telegraph... on 19:18 - Feb 22 by jeera

First time I've listened to that but I will be in future.

That Rich chap comes across well and I thought the room he gave JW to talk was ideal.

Yes, well done for not trying to make it all about himself and for getting what he wanted by letting the guest speak.

Agreed, never listened before but was very good.

Jim White from the Telegraph... on 19:23 - Feb 22 with 5074 viewsTieDyedIn95

I think people are just trying to look at Evans logically as to why he hasn't sacked the manager and coming up with an answer ... he's selling the club! The truth is Evans is just rubbish. There's no logic to it, because there is no logic to him!

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Jim White from the Telegraph... on 19:25 - Feb 22 with 5037 viewsDanTheMan

Jim White from the Telegraph... on 19:23 - Feb 22 by TieDyedIn95

I think people are just trying to look at Evans logically as to why he hasn't sacked the manager and coming up with an answer ... he's selling the club! The truth is Evans is just rubbish. There's no logic to it, because there is no logic to him!

I have a feeling the Telegraph journalist just might know something we don't. He doesn't sound like he's just guessing.

Jim White from the Telegraph... on 19:25 - Feb 22 with 5027 viewsjeera

That's just shallow and a bit silly.

You're talking about a self-made multi-millionaire, not some type who's won the lottery.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Jim White from the Telegraph... on 19:27 - Feb 22 with 5041 viewsPhilTWTD

I'd question why the Telegraph haven't run a story if he has enough info on the rumoured takeover. I'm still sceptical. Still not found anyone with a Town connection that seems to know about it.

I also certainly don't think PL's future is dependent on a takeover. I'm still where I was the other day, whatever his mood on Saturday, it's not going to be long before there's a change now.

Interesting to see how others view us, what the wider perception of the state of the club in context of other situations. He makes a good point about it being atypical, not someone syphoning out cash in the Bolton manner.

On that aspect of it, I think it's notable that money was still being injected in January, so despite ME's general parsimony over recent seasons, the taps haven't been turned off, which you would imagine they would be if his businesses were in crisis or anything like that.

Thought the bit about the academy and judging it on England call-ups was a little harsh in an era in which players get poached at 15,16. In other eras we'd still have Ben Knight, of course, and there might be others that we'd have recruited in previous eras that went to cat one clubs. Agree with Rich that Steve McGavin was a loss on that front, is at Villa now incidentally, moved on from Norwich.

But it is true that while we've had lots of players that become regulars in the first team or the squad, the last big sale was Wickham and before that Darren Bent.
Jim White from the Telegraph... on 19:30 - Feb 22 with 4935 viewsTieDyedIn95

Jim White from the Telegraph... on 19:25 - Feb 22 by jeera

That's just shallow and a bit silly.

You're talking about a self-made multi-millionaire, not some type who's won the lottery.

He's self made on events conferencing and tickets. Not football. He's lost over 100mill on a football club. I wouldn't say he's good at running a football club any if you think that, I think you are the one being silly.

The idea that Evans is suddenly going to get 40million quid from someone associated with some failed Bristol CEO for a failed 3rd division club that doesn't even own the stadium is absolutely laughable and anyone who believe that is happening is mad.

Evans hasn't sacked Lambert because he's selling up, he hasn't sacked him because he's a rubbish owner of this football club and will continue to be until he is gone, or we are gone, whichever happens first.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Jim White from the Telegraph... on 19:30 - Feb 22 with 4923 viewsMetal_Hacker

Truth is no-one knows so easier to chill out and let matters take their natural course

Coming across citing people are getting all excited over nothing just divides fans even more

I’m a firm believer as I said last night and raised a comment , in there’s no smoke without fire

There has to be logic behind the reason for ME to have not fired PL as yet. He’s a multi million pound businessman.....a very good businessman (allegedly ) but please remember , he’s a sh1t football club owner

He’s now in his comfort zone (doing business things hopefully ) just sit back and see hat comes out

No-one knows but don’t p1ss on anyone’s hope for the future ffs

Poll: If it were one or the other

Jim White from the Telegraph... on 19:33 - Feb 22 with 4902 viewsCoastalblue

Jim White from the Telegraph... on 19:27 - Feb 22 by PhilTWTD

I'd question why the Telegraph haven't run a story if he has enough info on the rumoured takeover. I'm still sceptical. Still not found anyone with a Town connection that seems to know about it.

I also certainly don't think PL's future is dependent on a takeover. I'm still where I was the other day, whatever his mood on Saturday, it's not going to be long before there's a change now.

Interesting to see how others view us, what the wider perception of the state of the club in context of other situations. He makes a good point about it being atypical, not someone syphoning out cash in the Bolton manner.

On that aspect of it, I think it's notable that money was still being injected in January, so despite ME's general parsimony over recent seasons, the taps haven't been turned off, which you would imagine they would be if his businesses were in crisis or anything like that.

Thought the bit about the academy and judging it on England call-ups was a little harsh in an era in which players get poached at 15,16. In other eras we'd still have Ben Knight, of course, and there might be others that we'd have recruited in previous eras that went to cat one clubs. Agree with Rich that Steve McGavin was a loss on that front, is at Villa now incidentally, moved on from Norwich.

But it is true that while we've had lots of players that become regulars in the first team or the squad, the last big sale was Wickham and before that Darren Bent.

I have a friend that works for an arm of ME, and from what he's said to me they are anything but in crisis. I'd actually asked him about his job security knowing who he worked for and he seemed to feel that overall the ME group had actually done well out of what has happened over the last year.

No big ticket events to sell, sure, but they were ahead of the curve with a lot of online conferences and training and had the capital to be able to solidify that position, at least that was the impression he left me with.

I atually thought the pandemic would be disastrous for us due to ME struggling, actually I don't think that's the case at all.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024