Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remember when... 20:42 - Feb 22 with 1126 viewsdeano85

... Marcus Evans said BCWYWF a while back..?
Maybe that was him sticking his fingers up at the fans who want him out, and he is indeed selling, and he knows the deal wont be popular...
Ive changed my mind, Marcus in!

Remember when... on 20:51 - Feb 22 with 1075 viewsChurchman

I haven’t forgotten. The man is awful. Whatever the outcome I want him gone, even if the club has to start again.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2021 8:08]
Remember when... on 21:02 - Feb 22 with 1020 viewsSuperCoops

Did Marcus say that?
Remember when... on 21:08 - Feb 22 with 1000 viewsSwansea_Blue

Remember when... on 20:51 - Feb 22 by Churchman

I haven’t forgotten. The man is awful. Whatever the outcome I want him gone, even if the club has to start again.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2021 8:08]

I try not to get too personal so wouldn’t say he disgusts me. 100% agree on wanting him gone though. I have for about the last 10 years and I’m more than fed up with his poor judgment, limited regard and investment (time & attention, not finance) in us. Announcing Keane and Clegg as though they were saviours did it for me. Keane was a well know headcase and had shown he couldn’t handle the pressure of management and Clegg knew nothing about football (added to Evans knowing nothing too = disaster).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Remember when... on 21:10 - Feb 22 with 983 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Remember when... on 21:02 - Feb 22 by SuperCoops

Did Marcus say that?

He did. I think it was quite clearly his take on what happened when the rift between Mick McCarthy and the fans forced his hand. Everything has gone downhill since and I think Marcus would sorely like his time again and to renew MM's contract despite the animosity.

The problem is ME does not recognise it is a reflection on his ability to appoint the right man. It is only plausibly worse than Lambert when he eventually goes because Evans does not get the right advice and research done before appointing. His criteria on choosing a new manager are clearly flawed.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Remember when... on 21:10 - Feb 22 with 984 viewsDanTheMan

Did Marcus say that?

He did, yes. In a statement a while back.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Remember when... on 21:32 - Feb 22 with 945 viewsBluedanW

Remember when... on 21:10 - Feb 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

He did. I think it was quite clearly his take on what happened when the rift between Mick McCarthy and the fans forced his hand. Everything has gone downhill since and I think Marcus would sorely like his time again and to renew MM's contract despite the animosity.

The problem is ME does not recognise it is a reflection on his ability to appoint the right man. It is only plausibly worse than Lambert when he eventually goes because Evans does not get the right advice and research done before appointing. His criteria on choosing a new manager are clearly flawed.

Shame the one time he brought in the right guy he failed to back him. Whilst in the past backing the wrong ones.
I know its early doors with Cardiff, but Mccarthy looks like he maybe proving what he could of done with a little backing.
However between Evans and mccarthy they let Ipswich slide, Evans failed to invest and mick was too happy collecting his pay cheque to make a fuss about the lack of investment and the poor football he was forced to play with sub standard players such as Leon Best
Remember when... on 21:36 - Feb 22 with 916 viewspointofblue

Remember when... on 21:08 - Feb 22 by Swansea_Blue

I try not to get too personal so wouldn’t say he disgusts me. 100% agree on wanting him gone though. I have for about the last 10 years and I’m more than fed up with his poor judgment, limited regard and investment (time & attention, not finance) in us. Announcing Keane and Clegg as though they were saviours did it for me. Keane was a well know headcase and had shown he couldn’t handle the pressure of management and Clegg knew nothing about football (added to Evans knowing nothing too = disaster).

This is what I cannot comprehend - why is he throwing so much money at something he clearly has little interest or knowledge (or both) in? Financially surely he’s better off investing time, or hiring someone with the acumen to do so on his behalf?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Remember when... on 21:38 - Feb 22 with 902 viewsChurchman

Remember when... on 21:08 - Feb 22 by Swansea_Blue

Wrong choice of word on my part. Irritates the heck out of me, don’t like what he has done to the club, never want to hear of him again when he’s gone, is a more accurate way of putting it.
Login to get fewer ads

Remember when... on 21:39 - Feb 22 with 891 viewshype313

Did Marcus say that?

Yep, and then made a swift apology.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Remember when... on 21:41 - Feb 22 with 881 viewsTieDyedIn95

He was having a pop at the support over Mick. He's not selling the club.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Remember when... on 00:34 - Feb 23 with 731 viewsMVBlue

Remember when... on 21:32 - Feb 22 by BluedanW

Shame the one time he brought in the right guy he failed to back him. Whilst in the past backing the wrong ones.
I know its early doors with Cardiff, but Mccarthy looks like he maybe proving what he could of done with a little backing.
However between Evans and mccarthy they let Ipswich slide, Evans failed to invest and mick was too happy collecting his pay cheque to make a fuss about the lack of investment and the poor football he was forced to play with sub standard players such as Leon Best

Argh Leon Best *shivvers*

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Remember when... on 01:11 - Feb 23 with 695 viewschrismakin

Remember when... on 21:32 - Feb 22 by BluedanW

You could also see it as Mick has walked into a very good team at Cardiff that just needed guidance, he's got a goalscorer on fire which unfortunately he was miles away from being when he was here, (Moore)

I wish Mick all the best, BUT it's what he does after 5 years which is key, remembering he won alot of games here when he first came....... unfortunately for him, we were alot worse off when he came than Cardiff were.

The problem for us was Hurst, the damage he and Doig did was incredible. Forget those he sold and who he brought in, it was to players already here... Bart, went from player of the season 3 years running to being on par with Cornell in the space of 2 months. Still dont' know what went on there, but it clearly caused issues all throughout the club.

Lambert, on par with Hurst, in reality he was even worse than Hurst winning 4 games out of 31! so of course a 5 year contract extension made complete sense ;)

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024