Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If there really is talk of a takeover 08:08 - Feb 23 with 13188 viewshype313

And I'm still quite skeptical, but I do wonder if it is true talks has been accelerated since the announcement of the scrapping of salary cap.

I'm probably talking absolute nonsense, but a theory nonetheless.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

If there really is talk of a takeover on 08:10 - Feb 23 with 5208 viewsFrimleyBlue

Chuck a loada money in and get Blanc in! :)

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

If there really is talk of a takeover on 08:11 - Feb 23 with 5193 viewshype313

If there really is talk of a takeover on 08:10 - Feb 23 by FrimleyBlue

Chuck a loada money in and get Blanc in! :)

Well, if it does happen then plenty of Sauvignon will be quaffed.

If there really is talk of a takeover on 08:14 - Feb 23 with 5161 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I'm not sure it would accelerate a sale (I'd have thought the cap would've accelerated, or ended, one if anything... they'd want to get it through and get us up before that restriction came in).

It would certainly be a more attractive proposition to a wealthy consortium to NOT have that cap now looming.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

If there really is talk of a takeover on 08:27 - Feb 23 with 5078 viewshype313

If there really is talk of a takeover on 08:14 - Feb 23 by The_Flashing_Smile

I'm not sure it would accelerate a sale (I'd have thought the cap would've accelerated, or ended, one if anything... they'd want to get it through and get us up before that restriction came in).

It would certainly be a more attractive proposition to a wealthy consortium to NOT have that cap now looming.

That's what I was intimating in my OP

If there really is talk of a takeover on 08:32 - Feb 23 with 5038 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If there really is talk of a takeover on 08:27 - Feb 23 by hype313

That's what I was intimating in my OP

Oh you meant accelerated talks coming about rather than accelerated talks already happening. Yes, I'd agree.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

If there really is talk of a takeover on 09:10 - Feb 23 with 4918 viewshype313

If there really is talk of a takeover on 08:32 - Feb 23 by The_Flashing_Smile

Oh you meant accelerated talks coming about rather than accelerated talks already happening. Yes, I'd agree.

Yes, apologies, I wasn't overly clear in my OP

If there really is talk of a takeover on 09:23 - Feb 23 with 4878 viewsMattinLondon

Unfortunately no takeover is in the planning be it advanced or in its early stages. We’re stuck with Evans who has sucked the joy out of the day since his first day here.

The club has decayed since his arrival and will continue to do so. If he is still here in ten years time the stands will be considered unsafe to seat fans and the pitch will look like a weed infested park pitch.

Every other aspect of the club will be much worse.
If there really is talk of a takeover on 09:29 - Feb 23 with 4834 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If there really is talk of a takeover on 09:23 - Feb 23 by MattinLondon

Unfortunately no takeover is in the planning be it advanced or in its early stages. We’re stuck with Evans who has sucked the joy out of the day since his first day here.

The club has decayed since his arrival and will continue to do so. If he is still here in ten years time the stands will be considered unsafe to seat fans and the pitch will look like a weed infested park pitch.

Every other aspect of the club will be much worse.

There are people not connected to the club saying differently.
How do you know there's no takeover in discussions? Or is that a guess?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Login to get fewer ads

If there really is talk of a takeover on 09:30 - Feb 23 with 4822 viewsMetal_Hacker

If there really is talk of a takeover on 09:29 - Feb 23 by Cheltenham_Blue

I'll guess it' a guess because I'm guessing he's guessing

Poll: If it were one or the other

If there really is talk of a takeover on 09:31 - Feb 23 with 4824 viewsMattinLondon

The fact that such talk is predominantly ‘Twitter rumours’ has led me to believe that it is complete rubbish.
If there really is talk of a takeover on 09:35 - Feb 23 with 4791 viewsMetal_Hacker

If there really is talk of a takeover on 09:31 - Feb 23 by MattinLondon

The fact that such talk is predominantly ‘Twitter rumours’ has led me to believe that it is complete rubbish.

I think the long and short of it for me will be WHEN perhaps ME comes out and blows this all up in our faces and tells us it's all bollox

Until then , for me personally (glass half full) something is happening

Poll: If it were one or the other

If there really is talk of a takeover on 09:37 - Feb 23 with 4784 viewsOsborneOneNil

What if you’d heard news a good few days before the ‘Twitter rumours’ and it came from someone with very close connections to the club. Would you be so dismissive of the suggestion then?
Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 09:40 - Feb 23 with 4779 viewsBloots

...can be nothing more than wishful thinking or at best an extrapolation of the fact that Evans has never denied that he'd sell the club, and undoubtedly has had various conversations with interested parties over the years.

If there was anything concrete about it, then it would be far wider known than a few journos/twitter accounts/bored kids gossiping about it.

Even with NDAs word would still get out if anything was imminent.

The main reason that fans are giving it a bit of credence is entirely because they are looking for an explanation as to why Evans hasn't sacked Lambert.

Well, there is a simple explanation really.

1. He wants to pay him as little compensation as possible
2. He doesn't want to look like a knobhead after giving him a long term deal and publicly backing him
3. He doesn't care about the club as much as we do

Accept it, and pray that we are getting to the end of at least part of this sorry period for our club.

The war isn't over, but one of the battles might be soon.

Lambert out.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

If there really is talk of a takeover on 09:41 - Feb 23 with 4748 viewsMattinLondon

If there really is talk of a takeover on 09:37 - Feb 23 by OsborneOneNil

What if you’d heard news a good few days before the ‘Twitter rumours’ and it came from someone with very close connections to the club. Would you be so dismissive of the suggestion then?

Depends on that person and on what level they are at at the club.

If they were reliable and not prone at all to exaggeration and were close to where the negotiations were being planned then yes, I wouldn’t be so dismissive.
If there really is talk of a takeover on 09:42 - Feb 23 with 4742 viewsChurchman

It’s a good theory and I can but hope, but I don’t think there will be any takeover. Who would want the club for the price Evans would demand?
If there really is talk of a takeover on 09:46 - Feb 23 with 4676 viewsfooters

If there really is talk of a takeover on 09:41 - Feb 23 by MattinLondon

Depends on that person and on what level they are at at the club.

If they were reliable and not prone at all to exaggeration and were close to where the negotiations were being planned then yes, I wouldn’t be so dismissive.

And it's only really Jim White saying he's fairly sure, isn't it? Not seen anything more substantial than that. Like you, I just don't see it happening. The occam's razor approach would say that ME has bad form in pulling the plug on managers and that he's dragging his feet again, not much more than that. Of course I'd be happy to be proved wrong (dependent on any potential buyer) but I just don't see it.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

If there really is talk of a takeover on 09:51 - Feb 23 with 4655 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

If there really is talk of a takeover on 09:57 - Feb 23 with 4619 viewsGeorge03

Exactly. I presume as they are negations happening, people at the club legally wouldn’t be able to say anything and could risk their job if doing so. When people outside can say what they want as they have nothing to lose.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2021 9:58]
If there really is talk of a takeover on 09:59 - Feb 23 with 4595 viewsMattinLondon

If there really is talk of a takeover on 09:51 - Feb 23 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Well I’m glad we’re all being sensible.
Well put, me old fruit. Wishful thinking, that is all. (n/t) on 10:02 - Feb 23 with 4557 viewsfooters

Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 09:40 - Feb 23 by Bloots

...can be nothing more than wishful thinking or at best an extrapolation of the fact that Evans has never denied that he'd sell the club, and undoubtedly has had various conversations with interested parties over the years.

If there was anything concrete about it, then it would be far wider known than a few journos/twitter accounts/bored kids gossiping about it.

The main reason that fans are giving it a bit of credence is entirely because they are looking for an explanation as to why Evans hasn't sacked Lambert.

2. He doesn't want to look like a knobhead after giving him a long term deal and publicly backing him

Accept it, and pray that we are getting to the end of at least part of this sorry period for our club.

Lambert out.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 10:09 - Feb 23 with 4512 viewshype313

Lambert out.

"If there was anything concrete about it, then it would be far wider known than a few journos/twitter accounts/bored kids gossiping about it."

Was that the case when Evans took over? I can't remember, but thought it was a bolt from the blue, even though it was known we were up for sale.

Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 10:09 - Feb 23 with 4519 viewsPhilTWTD

Lambert out.

That's a fair summary and I'm confident the battle you refer to will be over soon.
Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 10:10 - Feb 23 with 4484 viewshype313

Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 10:09 - Feb 23 by PhilTWTD

That's a fair summary and I'm confident the battle you refer to will be over soon.

Fingers crossed Phil, we're all hanging form your every word like a lovestruck teenager.

Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 10:14 - Feb 23 with 4449 viewsMattinLondon

The battle may be close to winning, but as we gaze across the dead bodies that litters the field and see our glorious leader riding blindfolded, we realise that we have no confidence at all in winning the war.
Unfortunately the whole "takeover" theory.... on 10:15 - Feb 23 with 4444 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Phil, you seem to be a bit more confident on that front than on Saturday night/ Sunday morning

Hope is not lost it seems
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024