Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So what’s changed? 20:59 - Feb 23 with 3727 viewsPlums

A week after the abject performance against Northampton, those lads have worked their socks off tonight. Fought for every first and second ball and even produced some quality at times. Other than the absence of Taylor, what’s changed?

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

So what’s changed? on 21:03 - Feb 23 with 3268 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Our central defence?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

So what’s changed? on 21:04 - Feb 23 with 3238 viewspointofblue

The players? We made seven changes from the Northampton match to Oxford/Hull.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So what’s changed? on 21:04 - Feb 23 with 3227 viewsPlums

So what’s changed? on 21:03 - Feb 23 by BanksterDebtSlave

Our central defence?

Certainly a better foundation than we’ve had for a while.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.

So what’s changed? on 21:05 - Feb 23 with 3196 viewslazyblue

Having Norwood back makes huge difference and playing in opposition half rather than our own.
So what’s changed? on 21:05 - Feb 23 with 3157 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Players and style. The only puzzling thing is why the change of style after being so entrenched for a whole five months.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

So what’s changed? on 21:06 - Feb 23 with 3111 viewsPlums

So what’s changed? on 21:05 - Feb 23 by Cheltenham_Blue

Players and style. The only puzzling thing is why the change of style after being so entrenched for a whole five months.

Have the players forced it? It happens sometimes but is unlikely with this guy and his famous ‘bomb squad’
[Post edited 23 Feb 2021 21:06]

We bullied and we built on Oxford display - need more threat (n/t) on 21:07 - Feb 23 with 3075 viewsunstableblue

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

So what’s changed? on 21:08 - Feb 23 with 3065 viewsvanmunt

So what’s changed? on 21:05 - Feb 23 by lazyblue

Having Norwood back makes huge difference and playing in opposition half rather than our own.

This
Login to get fewer ads

So what’s changed? on 21:09 - Feb 23 with 3019 viewsGavTWTD

442 and an unchanged team. It's a simple game really. Play to our strengths and they did fight tonight, and in a good way.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

So what’s changed? on 21:10 - Feb 23 with 2990 viewspistonbroke

So what’s changed? on 21:08 - Feb 23 by vanmunt

This

Also having a better central defence gives the players ahead of them confidence , it’s no surprise that our good start to the season petered out when toto and Wilson were not in the center
So what’s changed? on 21:12 - Feb 23 with 2940 viewspointofblue

So what’s changed? on 21:10 - Feb 23 by pistonbroke

Also having a better central defence gives the players ahead of them confidence , it’s no surprise that our good start to the season petered out when toto and Wilson were not in the center

Still think Woolfenden is good enough to start at the back, just alongside McGuinness.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So what’s changed? on 21:15 - Feb 23 with 2894 viewsDarth_Koont

I didn’t think there was a problem with effort or fight before. But now we’re set up to compete with two no-nonsense CBs and both Parrott and Norwood pushing centrally.

Also, with those two upfront we can now look to hit them earlier and win second balls. Goal was that in a nutshell: Good early ball by Kenlock aiming up to two forwards pushing through the middle. And the defender that should have probably cleared it before it got to Norwood was distracted by Parrott.

Play it simple like that and we look a lot more dangerous than whatever it was we were trying to do before.

Pronouns: He/Him

So what’s changed? on 21:51 - Feb 23 with 2732 viewsBlueBadger

Nothing. He occasionally gets lucky with his selections.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So what’s changed? on 07:22 - Feb 24 with 2559 viewsEastLondonBlue

The kit!? 😉
So what’s changed? on 07:29 - Feb 24 with 2519 viewsTractorWood

8 changes on Saturday?

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

So what’s changed? on 07:41 - Feb 24 with 2471 viewsSomethingBlue

Wilson and Norwood. Edge and a bit of savvy at both ends of the pitch. My god we've missed that.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

So what’s changed? on 07:42 - Feb 24 with 2462 viewsbraveblue

Almost the whole team and the system!!!!!
So what’s changed? on 07:46 - Feb 24 with 2435 viewshoppy

So what’s changed? on 07:42 - Feb 24 by braveblue

Almost the whole team and the system!!!!!

Yeah, but apart from the majority of the personnel and the system, and the absence of Taylor, what’s actually changed?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

So what’s changed? on 07:56 - Feb 24 with 2381 viewsOldsmoker

So what’s changed? on 07:29 - Feb 24 by TractorWood

8 changes on Saturday?

The old adage of never changing a winning side is lost on Lambert.
He seems to think it's mandatory to change a winning side and does it all the time.
So, 8 changes seems about right.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

So what’s changed? on 08:05 - Feb 24 with 2349 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So what’s changed? on 07:41 - Feb 24 by SomethingBlue

Wilson and Norwood. Edge and a bit of savvy at both ends of the pitch. My god we've missed that.

There are still some on here who think Wilson's ridden with mistakes. Eventually they'll wake up, perhaps.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

So what’s changed? on 08:27 - Feb 24 with 2274 viewsSomethingBlue

So what’s changed? on 08:05 - Feb 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

There are still some on here who think Wilson's ridden with mistakes. Eventually they'll wake up, perhaps.

A year ago you wouldn't have caught me saying this, but having Wilson in there til May would give us a much better chance of squeaking the play-offs.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

So what’s changed? on 08:36 - Feb 24 with 2242 viewsParky

The last two games, we’ve come up against two known ‘good passing teams’ and we simply haven’t let them play, more so last night.

It looks like we’ve stopped the passing around the back, and look to get the ball forward as soon as possible, with Norwood and Parrott battling against their central defenders. I’ve also noticed how hard we’ve been pressing in the last two games, really putting pressure on the opposing teams defence, which causes them to go long, where Toto and Wilson will clean up everyday.

I think it’s a real shame that it’s taken this long to realise we can play with essentially two up top and play with this high pressure and be effective, but as I’m sure everyone else is saying; it means nothing if we don’t follow up on it.

Doncaster haven’t won in their last 4, so it’s definitely a good time to be playing them. My concern, with this high energy and press, how long until the inevitable injury?

I’m also very interested to see how Lambert’s meeting with Evans goes tomorrow.
So what’s changed? on 08:44 - Feb 24 with 2206 viewsSouperJim

442 and not pissing about with it at the back. Like everybody had been saying we should play, for months.

Football is a simple game complicated by idiots.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2021 8:46]

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

So what’s changed? on 08:49 - Feb 24 with 2175 viewsGeorge03

Bringing toto and Wilson in has brought us back to basics. League ones an average league and all you need to do is play with high intensity and move the ball quickly.
So what’s changed? on 09:42 - Feb 24 with 2103 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Our central defence. Simple.

Play your best central backs and you'll give yourself a chance. Lambert took this opportunity and it paid off as he got a rare good result.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024