Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Toto Nsiala - MR. CLEAN SHEET ! 21:20 - Feb 23 with 2591 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Yet another clean sheet when he is in the team.

A scapegoat and easy target for some when we have bad results. Treated very badly by some percent of our fanbase but again it is him who comes off very well.

He gives away number of penalties doesn't he? So what? Yes bad decisions at times, it happens. But his combo with Wilson had given us number of clean sheets and good results at the first stages of the season and they both still look by far our best pair of CB's.

Dismal 0-3 defeat to Hull earlier on this season or that embarrassing home defeat to Swindon. Had Toto played in those the results may have have been better. Surely against Swindon.

Of course both Nsiala and Wilson will have bad days along the way but they will have had more good ones. The facts are undeniable. Our defence is better and more assured when they play.

Both have had a thankless task to cope with one of the best league goalscorers in Wilks but they kept him quiet. They were rigid, tough to break down, they restricted Hull forwards to very little. Hull's best opportunity to score came from a Dozzells' mistake in the first half.

They both are undroppable at the moment particularly Toto.

Toto Nsiala - MR. CLEAN SHEET ! on 21:21 - Feb 23 with 2563 viewsSteve_M

By extension then, Chambers deserves credit for that too.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Toto Nsiala - MR. CLEAN SHEET ! on 21:23 - Feb 23 with 2527 viewsBlueBadger

Toto Nsiala - MR. CLEAN SHEET ! on 21:21 - Feb 23 by Steve_M

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

You little tinker. (n/t) on 21:23 - Feb 23 with 2521 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Toto Nsiala - MR. CLEAN SHEET ! on 21:23 - Feb 23 with 2522 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Of course he's been good today bar a little struggle against Lewis-Potter early on in the second half.

It is no coincidence that every time Nsiala is in the team then Chambers comes off well too.
Toto Nsiala - MR. CLEAN SHEET ! on 21:25 - Feb 23 with 2494 viewsjudespiveyg

I don't think Wilson gets enough credit, ever since we signed him he's looked good. Nothing to write home about but does the simple things well and makes very few mistakes, does what he needs to do. He's probably not good enough for the Championship but would be more than happy for him to be re-signed should we be playing in this division next season, he's probably on fairly low wages as well.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Toto Nsiala - MR. CLEAN SHEET ! on 21:35 - Feb 23 with 2417 viewsreusersfreekicks

Toto Nsiala - MR. CLEAN SHEET ! on 21:23 - Feb 23 by Mach_foreignBlue

Of course he's been good today bar a little struggle against Lewis-Potter early on in the second half.

It is no coincidence that every time Nsiala is in the team then Chambers comes off well too.

Ffs
Toto Nsiala - MR. CLEAN SHEET ! on 21:40 - Feb 23 with 2374 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Toto Nsiala - MR. CLEAN SHEET ! on 21:25 - Feb 23 by judespiveyg

I don't think Wilson gets enough credit, ever since we signed him he's looked good. Nothing to write home about but does the simple things well and makes very few mistakes, does what he needs to do. He's probably not good enough for the Championship but would be more than happy for him to be re-signed should we be playing in this division next season, he's probably on fairly low wages as well.

He had done well prior to his injury and in the last two games against top half opponents. Without a doubt better defender than both Woolfenden and McGuinness.
Toto Nsiala - MR. CLEAN SHEET ! on 21:41 - Feb 23 with 2363 viewsColin_Viljoen

Toto Nsiala - MR. CLEAN SHEET ! on 21:25 - Feb 23 by judespiveyg

Wilson is a good defender, but he was never going to fit in with our tipy-tapy play out from the back. Now we have dropped that, he is the perfect guy in the back 4.
Login to get fewer ads

Toto Nsiala - MR. CLEAN SHEET ! on 21:42 - Feb 23 with 2342 viewsGlasgowBlue

Toto Nsiala - MR. CLEAN SHEET ! on 21:35 - Feb 23 by reusersfreekicks

Ffs

Chambers form has improved 100% by not having to worry about covering for Woolfenden. He can concentrate on his own game, which has been excellent over the past 180 minutes, knowing Toto and Wilson are going to be solid.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Toto Nsiala - MR. CLEAN SHEET ! on 21:51 - Feb 23 with 2301 viewsChrisd

They have certainly both comeback into the starting XI and performed well, two clean sheets you can’t complain about and against decent L1 opposition. However, jury still out for me, but credit where it’s due.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Toto Nsiala - MR. CLEAN SHEET ! on 22:43 - Feb 23 with 2209 viewsVaughan8

To be fair to you, you do seem to have the same views and have some weird obsession with how good Nsiala is.

Yes he has been good the past few games (apparently) so good for him.

I still unfortunately can't unsee that game last season where he literally couldn't kick the ball haha

Lets hope he comes good, but it will take more than 2 games to convince me. However, those other 2 were just as bad at mistakes so he deserves his chance. Wilson is solid and maybe that helps him too. 6 out of his 7 clean sheets have been with Wilson?

Both those 2 are not suited to the tippy tappy stuff.
Toto Nsiala - MR. CLEAN SHEET ! on 22:46 - Feb 23 with 2172 viewsGeorge03

He did well not to retaliate towards the end. After he collided with the two hull players. The one that got up first stamped on the back of his hamstring while he was down.
Toto Nsiala - MR. CLEAN SHEET ! on 22:46 - Feb 23 with 2165 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Toto Nsiala - MR. CLEAN SHEET ! on 22:43 - Feb 23 by Vaughan8

To be fair to you, you do seem to have the same views and have some weird obsession with how good Nsiala is.

Yes he has been good the past few games (apparently) so good for him.

I still unfortunately can't unsee that game last season where he literally couldn't kick the ball haha

Lets hope he comes good, but it will take more than 2 games to convince me. However, those other 2 were just as bad at mistakes so he deserves his chance. Wilson is solid and maybe that helps him too. 6 out of his 7 clean sheets have been with Wilson?

Both those 2 are not suited to the tippy tappy stuff.

Me and my 'weird obsession with how good Nsiala is'. Oh yeah, the number of clean sheets and good results must be a false then.

Same as 'weird obsessions of others with how good Woolfenden is'.

We can agree/disagree. You don't rate him. I do. All about opinions.
Toto Nsiala - MR. CLEAN SHEET ! on 22:49 - Feb 23 with 2141 viewsGeorge03

Toto Nsiala - MR. CLEAN SHEET ! on 22:46 - Feb 23 by Mach_foreignBlue

Me and my 'weird obsession with how good Nsiala is'. Oh yeah, the number of clean sheets and good results must be a false then.

Trouble is with toto is he always has a silly foul in him. Look at the last three years how many penalties or free kicks he has given away that leads to goals. He’s main problem is that stokers use his strength to an advantage and win fouls from him.
Toto Nsiala - MR. CLEAN SHEET ! on 22:51 - Feb 23 with 2116 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Toto Nsiala - MR. CLEAN SHEET ! on 22:49 - Feb 23 by George03

Trouble is with toto is he always has a silly foul in him. Look at the last three years how many penalties or free kicks he has given away that leads to goals. He’s main problem is that stokers use his strength to an advantage and win fouls from him.

He may have a silly foul him but he also has clean sheets in him and solid performances.

The real trouble is when he isn't in the team as our defence perform poorly quite often.
Toto Nsiala - MR. CLEAN SHEET ! on 22:52 - Feb 23 with 2112 viewsVaughan8

Toto Nsiala - MR. CLEAN SHEET ! on 22:46 - Feb 23 by Mach_foreignBlue

Sorry my point is, his 7 clean sheets, 6 have been with Wilson so I think Wilson isn't getting enough credit..... Nsiala has had 1 clean sheet with the other defenders so I wouldn't say its necessarily him.

The other CB's haven't even played with Wilson (just looked that up. very strange how that has worked out).

Looking at that, surely Wilson is the key defender?
Toto Nsiala - MR. CLEAN SHEET ! on 22:55 - Feb 23 with 2095 viewsGeorge03

Toto Nsiala - MR. CLEAN SHEET ! on 22:51 - Feb 23 by Mach_foreignBlue

He may have a silly foul him but he also has clean sheets in him and solid performances.

The real trouble is when he isn't in the team as our defence perform poorly quite often.

Yes the problem I think is the balance. I would like to see a paring of Wilson with mugginess or Wolfenden or toto with Wolfenden or mugginess.

Remember listening to Peter crouch product and he described the hardest defensive paring is when their is a ‘buffalo’ and a ‘gazelle’. So toto and Wilson would be the buffalo and Wolfenden and mugginess are the gazelle who can play a bit more.
Toto Nsiala - MR. CLEAN SHEET ! on 22:58 - Feb 23 with 2083 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Toto Nsiala - MR. CLEAN SHEET ! on 22:52 - Feb 23 by Vaughan8

Sorry my point is, his 7 clean sheets, 6 have been with Wilson so I think Wilson isn't getting enough credit..... Nsiala has had 1 clean sheet with the other defenders so I wouldn't say its necessarily him.

The other CB's haven't even played with Wilson (just looked that up. very strange how that has worked out).

Looking at that, surely Wilson is the key defender?

Of course. I have singled him out too in my OP.

Both Nsiala and Wilson are the better footballers than Woolfenden and McGuinness.
Toto Nsiala - MR. CLEAN SHEET ! on 22:59 - Feb 23 with 2066 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Toto Nsiala - MR. CLEAN SHEET ! on 22:55 - Feb 23 by George03

Yes the problem I think is the balance. I would like to see a paring of Wilson with mugginess or Wolfenden or toto with Wolfenden or mugginess.

Remember listening to Peter crouch product and he described the hardest defensive paring is when their is a ‘buffalo’ and a ‘gazelle’. So toto and Wilson would be the buffalo and Wolfenden and mugginess are the gazelle who can play a bit more.

Toto has had it with McGuinness against Burton last January and both stood out that day.
Toto Nsiala - MR. CLEAN SHEET ! on 23:01 - Feb 23 with 2049 viewsGeorge03

Toto Nsiala - MR. CLEAN SHEET ! on 22:59 - Feb 23 by Mach_foreignBlue

Toto has had it with McGuinness against Burton last January and both stood out that day.

Exactly
Toto Nsiala - MR. CLEAN SHEET ! on 23:24 - Feb 23 with 1974 viewsBonchosBicycle

I do think Toto's a strong asset. I get the criticisms about his ability to give away free kicks and penalties but I also feel he often gets harshly treated. Today was a good example, and his straight red last year for an interception was still one of the lamest sendings off I've seen (you may disagree). He's big and physical which is an asset in this division but it's easy for a wily striker to make one of his challenges look unfair.

Still, if we're going to ditch playing from the back (TFFT) then he and Wilson are probably our best CBs. Both read the game well, are tough in a challenge, and tbh Toto's distribution with a long ball is really not bad.
Toto Nsiala - MR. CLEAN SHEET ! on 00:33 - Feb 24 with 1881 viewsSpruceMoose

Magnificent.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Toto Nsiala - MR. CLEAN SHEET ! on 08:13 - Feb 24 with 1683 viewsGuthrum

Toto Nsiala - MR. CLEAN SHEET ! on 22:49 - Feb 23 by George03

It's generally one specific circumstance, where an opposition player is one-on-one with Nsiala and doesn't have a good angle on goal. Then a combination of slight clumsiness, strikers milking the situation by flinging themselves to the ground and modern referees excessive punishment of any kind of defensive robustness in the box ("he had the right to go down" and all that cr@p) tends to lead to a penalty.

Part of the issue with that is too often the rest of the team has just let opponents waltz through with Toto being the only one left protecting the goalie. If they defended better as a team, it wouldn't happen so much.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Toto Nsiala - MR. CLEAN SHEET ! on 10:57 - Feb 24 with 1542 viewschrismakin

People are however ignoring the fact that Wolfy and Mcguiness weren't being asked to play like Ndiala and Wilson.

When they were the CBS. They were asked to play football. Tippy tappy. Find players etc etc. Taking away their concentration on defending. Nsiala and Wilson are being allowed to just be defenders. That's the key.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024