Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Doncaster game is a big one now 21:53 - Feb 23 with 3596 viewsSomethingBlue

Putting aside everything else for the moment, there's a fair bit on that one. If we can get the required result it would suggest we can turn this round. Big if, but it'll soon be now-or-never territory.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Doncaster game is a big one now on 21:55 - Feb 23 with 3571 viewsFixed_It

Their game was posponed tonight. Do we know why? They will be fresher on Saturday, but we should be a bit more confident after tonight.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Doncaster game is a big one now on 21:56 - Feb 23 with 3561 viewsChrisd

If they can back up tonight’s victory with another 3pts against one of the promotion chasing teams it will certainly give the team confidence and start creating some momentum, which in the main we’ve lacked under PL’s management.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Doncaster game is a big one now on 21:57 - Feb 23 with 3537 viewspointofblue

Doncaster game is a big one now on 21:55 - Feb 23 by Fixed_It

Their game was posponed tonight. Do we know why? They will be fresher on Saturday, but we should be a bit more confident after tonight.

Waterlogged pitch, I think.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Doncaster game is a big one now on 21:58 - Feb 23 with 3521 viewsHerbivore

Doncaster game is a big one now on 21:56 - Feb 23 by Chrisd

If they can back up tonight’s victory with another 3pts against one of the promotion chasing teams it will certainly give the team confidence and start creating some momentum, which in the main we’ve lacked under PL’s management.

We went unbeaten in our first 11 or 12 games under him last season. Even if we beat Donnie it'll be just another false dawn. We know he's not up to it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Doncaster game is a big one now on 21:59 - Feb 23 with 3501 viewsJ2BLUE

Agreed.

If Lambert really has got Evans' backing, and lets face it, he has now, then he could do so much good coming out and saying there's a clean slate for the squad, the media and he's sorry for being a dick. Try to create a united front for one final push.

Don't get me wrong, it wouldn't all be forgiven but it would be a plaster over the wound for a few games until we're either right back in it or it's over. His post match comments will be interesting.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Doncaster game is a big one now on 22:00 - Feb 23 with 3484 viewsBlueBadger

Doncaster game is a big one now on 21:58 - Feb 23 by Herbivore

We went unbeaten in our first 11 or 12 games under him last season. Even if we beat Donnie it'll be just another false dawn. We know he's not up to it.

We did this last season in January as well - he lucked upon a formation and lineup that put a few sides to the sword, then he it got found out and it all fell apart again.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Doncaster game is a big one now on 22:03 - Feb 23 with 3467 viewsChrisd

Doncaster game is a big one now on 21:58 - Feb 23 by Herbivore

A win against Doncaster after tonight would be a huge shot in the arm for the squad especially with our track record against top 10 in this league. If you look back, we didn’t have impressive victories like that during those 11 /12 games last season it was mainly against the lesser sides. My stance on PL hasn’t changed. Just finding this whole situation bizarre.

Doncaster game is a big one now on 22:05 - Feb 23 with 3436 viewsHerbivore

Doncaster game is a big one now on 22:03 - Feb 23 by Chrisd

A win against Doncaster after tonight would be a huge shot in the arm for the squad especially with our track record against top 10 in this league. If you look back, we didn’t have impressive victories like that during those 11 /12 games last season it was mainly against the lesser sides. My stance on PL hasn’t changed. Just finding this whole situation bizarre.

We managed a 1-0 win at Fleetwood during that run, who finished top 6. Hull are about on that level to be fair.

Login to get fewer ads

Doncaster game is a big one now on 22:09 - Feb 23 with 3384 viewsChrisd

Doncaster game is a big one now on 22:05 - Feb 23 by Herbivore

We managed a 1-0 win at Fleetwood during that run, who finished top 6. Hull are about on that level to be fair.

It’s more the consecutive run of positive results against those better sides - Oxford, Hull and fingers crossed Doncaster on Saturday rather than the 1 isolated victory. You could see it really building belief in the players and some momentum.

Doncaster game is a big one now on 22:11 - Feb 23 with 3362 viewsHerbivore

Doncaster game is a big one now on 22:09 - Feb 23 by Chrisd

It’s more the consecutive run of positive results against those better sides - Oxford, Hull and fingers crossed Doncaster on Saturday rather than the 1 isolated victory. You could see it really building belief in the players and some momentum.

Don't get your hopes up.

Doncaster game is a big one now on 22:15 - Feb 23 with 3306 viewsChrisd

Doncaster game is a big one now on 22:11 - Feb 23 by Herbivore

Don't get your hopes up.

I won’t. It’s the hope that kills you.

Doncaster game is a big one now on 22:16 - Feb 23 with 3297 viewsitfcjoe

Must win - draws in home games against teams like that just aren't good enough.

We need to string a run of wins together

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Doncaster game is a big one now on 22:17 - Feb 23 with 3283 viewsitfcjoe

Doncaster game is a big one now on 21:55 - Feb 23 by Fixed_It

Waterlogged pitch an hour before kick off, so whilst they will be fresher they won't have spent all week preparing and game planning for us - so whilst it helps them not as much as a free week would have done

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Doncaster game is a big one now on 22:18 - Feb 23 with 3257 viewsGlasgowBlue

Doncaster game is a big one now on 22:17 - Feb 23 by itfcjoe

Waterlogged pitch an hour before kick off, so whilst they will be fresher they won't have spent all week preparing and game planning for us - so whilst it helps them not as much as a free week would have done

Although our postponed game against Shrewsbury didn't do us much good.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2021 22:18]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Doncaster game is a big one now on 22:22 - Feb 23 with 3207 viewsjayessess

Win the next 3 on the spin to get up to Hull's points per game, 4 on the spin to match Sunderland and Portsmouth's

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Doncaster game is a big one now on 22:25 - Feb 23 with 3175 viewsBlueBadger

Doncaster game is a big one now on 22:18 - Feb 23 by GlasgowBlue

Although our postponed game against Shrewsbury didn't do us much good.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2021 22:18]

They probably have a semi-competent manager though.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Doncaster game is a big one now on 22:39 - Feb 23 with 3096 viewsStewart27

Doncaster game is a big one now on 21:59 - Feb 23 by J2BLUE

Agreed.

If Lambert really has got Evans' backing, and lets face it, he has now, then he could do so much good coming out and saying there's a clean slate for the squad, the media and he's sorry for being a dick. Try to create a united front for one final push.

Don't get me wrong, it wouldn't all be forgiven but it would be a plaster over the wound for a few games until we're either right back in it or it's over. His post match comments will be interesting.

The clean slate was the start of the season.

We’re mid table in the third tier having just beaten a “top” side for the first time in Lambert’s reign.

It’s too late. Get the fraud out ASAP.
Doncaster game is a big one now on 22:45 - Feb 23 with 3045 viewsTieDyedIn95

Doncaster game is a big one now on 21:59 - Feb 23 by J2BLUE

Agreed.

If Lambert hadn't attacked the press and the fans and just kept quiet during the bad run rather than going full out dick it may have been recoverable. He could have just quoted a great man, who in the end didn't listen to his own advice, and just said results should do the talking and when they pick up everyone will be back on side.

I refuse to believe we're on some amazing run though and are just about to break through. We've scored 4 goals this month and 4 the month prior with a total of 8 in 2 months. That's not a team going anywhere.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Doncaster game is a big one now on 01:47 - Feb 24 with 2845 viewsistanblue

The Hull result will be yet another false dawn. This season is done and dusted with PR Paul in charge. Get a new manager in now and we have a (albeit small) chance.
Doncaster game is a big one now on 03:35 - Feb 24 with 2786 viewsstiff_talking

Doncaster game is a big one now on 01:47 - Feb 24 by istanblue

The Hull result will be yet another false dawn. This season is done and dusted with PR Paul in charge. Get a new manager in now and we have a (albeit small) chance.

Doncaster is a must win. What they call a 6 pointer !
Doncaster game is a big one now on 06:14 - Feb 24 with 2703 viewsChurchman

Yes, if we could get a win Saturday who knows. However, there are no goals in the team and while yesterday’s result was excellent, I can’t see us finishing much higher than we are.

Nice to beat one of the better teams though. I’d forgotten what that feels like.
Doncaster game is a big one now on 07:45 - Feb 24 with 2542 viewsdirtyboy

Doncaster game is a big one now on 06:14 - Feb 24 by Churchman

Yes, if we could get a win Saturday who knows. However, there are no goals in the team and while yesterday’s result was excellent, I can’t see us finishing much higher than we are.

Nice to beat one of the better teams though. I’d forgotten what that feels like.

I’ve said elsewhere but had we been on a bit of a run of form, we’d have probably scored a few last night. There was a lack of confidence in front of goal, last night was, dare I say it, a green shoot, key was that we created a few chances (not overwhelmingly by any stretch) but we were getting in the right areas and can build on that.

Best thing for me was how well Bishop on Dozzell handled midfield, thought we’d be outmuscled, but they hustled intelligently rather than fought and worked so hard to be available throughout.

Parrot and Bennetts look like they’ll get better too. (Both worked exceptionally and on another night may have had goals)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024