Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It’d be mildly ironic if Lambert stumbled on a plan 08:19 - Feb 24 with 2307 viewsthebooks

That got us playing the right sort of football for our situation and then got the heave-ho.

For what it’s worth, I think you could argue there have been “green shoots” recently, especially in our defence. And there’s nothing wrong with a hurl it up to Norwood game plan. It’s like Mick all over again — perhaps that’s what he was eluding to when he said what a great job MM had done here.

To be clear though: That we’re in a situation where we’re showing signs of getting our scheisse together two and a bit years in, mid-table in the third tier, is laughable. Couple that with the tantrums and general drift and it’s obviously still Lambert Out.
It’d be mildly ironic if Lambert stumbled on a plan on 08:20 - Feb 24 with 2121 viewsHerbivore

It's two games. We had a brief revival last January before going to sh1t again.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

It’d be mildly ironic if Lambert stumbled on a plan on 08:21 - Feb 24 with 2122 viewstractorboy1978

It's two games - one of which we didn't even win. We had a little mini revival last January too and it wasn't the start of anything.
It’d be mildly ironic if Lambert stumbled on a plan on 08:21 - Feb 24 with 2109 viewsBlueForYou

Neil Lennon has resigned at Celtic. There you go Lambert, an escape ladder ready for you!
It’d be mildly ironic if Lambert stumbled on a plan on 08:24 - Feb 24 with 2085 viewsGuthrum

It’d be mildly ironic if Lambert stumbled on a plan on 08:21 - Feb 24 by tractorboy1978

It's two games - one of which we didn't even win. We had a little mini revival last January too and it wasn't the start of anything.

It was the start of something - a run of seven losses in nine games.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

It all reminds me of Football manager with Lambert's management on 09:00 - Feb 24 with 1951 viewsdavblue

Get a style/formation that works for 4 or 5 games, then gets found out, start again.
It’d be mildly ironic if Lambert stumbled on a plan on 09:03 - Feb 24 with 1939 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I have to say, our winning run of one match is remarkable.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

It all reminds me of Football manager with Lambert's management on 09:05 - Feb 24 with 1931 viewsDubtractor

It all reminds me of Football manager with Lambert's management on 09:00 - Feb 24 by davblue

Get a style/formation that works for 4 or 5 games, then gets found out, start again.

Very similar to Jewell in that respect.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

It’d be mildly ironic if Lambert stumbled on a plan on 09:06 - Feb 24 with 1919 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

It’d be mildly ironic if Lambert stumbled on a plan on 08:21 - Feb 24 by BlueForYou

Neil Lennon has resigned at Celtic. There you go Lambert, an escape ladder ready for you!

Lennon in!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Login to get fewer ads

It’d be mildly ironic if Lambert stumbled on a plan on 09:10 - Feb 24 with 1893 viewsBluefish

As I've said elsewhere, the ironic bit is that our plan is now not having a plan. We have the best squad in the league by miles and it is now doing better by just chucking them on a pitch in a basic 442 and saying just play your game. There are no patterns of play or clear direction, we have just abandoned the crazy ideas of possession at the back and triangles in midfield. The way we played before smacked of arrogance and not enough about getting the job done. The players are now playing and the runners are now running. The CBs don't have to worry about anything but stopping and lumping, judge can roam free. Bennetts can do 5 step overs and fall over the ball, Norwood can roam and sh,thouse, parrott can charge around freely, Chambers can be a legend, Bishop can be box to box, kenlock can get up and down and play with freedom

With no plan whatsoever webare better than we were, if we had a savvy manager to harness that even more we would be unstoppable
[Post edited 24 Feb 2021 9:16]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

It’d be mildly ironic if Lambert stumbled on a plan on 09:10 - Feb 24 with 1896 viewsRobTheMonk

I think you have to look slightly towards Hull's injured midfield. And this is our first win against a top 7 team in absolutely ages.

But, it could be a catalyst to something. We've started keeping clean sheets, it's just the other end where we need to become more efficent.

And Kenlock seems has un-ken-locked his inner footballer.
It’d be mildly ironic if Lambert stumbled on a plan on 09:13 - Feb 24 with 1867 viewsChurchman

I suspect there will be some better performances as the season drifts to a close as some players look for their new contracts elsewhere.

Who can forget Jimmy Bullard. Was excellent on loan here. He secured a contract and up went Ginsters share price along with his weight. They must have struggled to find a shirt with sufficient girth by the time he ambled out the following season.
It’d be mildly ironic if Lambert stumbled on a plan on 09:33 - Feb 24 with 1824 viewsBasuco

Two players who stood out last night in a way not seen so far this season were Norwood and Bishop, having these two up to full fitness and in good form for the remainder of the season will be key to maintaining current form. Kenlock stood out equally but I now expect this level from him as he has been playing at a high standard as well as improving. Listening to the away commentary last night it was great to hear comments like "Tigers midfield is strangely not performing tonight" and "Bishop and Dozzell have run midfield all night" were great to hear and something sadly missing all season. Defence were solid, midfield dominant and strikers caused Hull defence problems all night, we need Parrott to get a goal or two and I feel he will get on a goal scoring run.
Early days I know but I feel it was not a case of stumbling on a plan, rather a case of getting our best players fit and performing.
It’d be mildly ironic if Lambert stumbled on a plan on 09:37 - Feb 24 with 1813 viewsitfcjoe

The real ironic thing is I spoke to a couple of players early this season and last season and their view was that things are being massively overcomplicated and we just need to go relatively simple and just overpower and outwork teams with the quality we have.

Get the ball quickly and accurately into the final third, and play from there

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

It’d be mildly ironic if Lambert stumbled on a plan on 09:37 - Feb 24 with 1804 viewsGeoffSentence

It’d be mildly ironic if Lambert stumbled on a plan on 09:10 - Feb 24 by Bluefish

As I've said elsewhere, the ironic bit is that our plan is now not having a plan. We have the best squad in the league by miles and it is now doing better by just chucking them on a pitch in a basic 442 and saying just play your game. There are no patterns of play or clear direction, we have just abandoned the crazy ideas of possession at the back and triangles in midfield. The way we played before smacked of arrogance and not enough about getting the job done. The players are now playing and the runners are now running. The CBs don't have to worry about anything but stopping and lumping, judge can roam free. Bennetts can do 5 step overs and fall over the ball, Norwood can roam and sh,thouse, parrott can charge around freely, Chambers can be a legend, Bishop can be box to box, kenlock can get up and down and play with freedom

With no plan whatsoever webare better than we were, if we had a savvy manager to harness that even more we would be unstoppable
[Post edited 24 Feb 2021 9:16]

It's almost like he makes the team worse.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

It’d be mildly ironic if Lambert stumbled on a plan on 09:37 - Feb 24 with 1805 viewsScuzzer

It’d be mildly ironic if Lambert stumbled on a plan on 09:03 - Feb 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

I have to say, our winning run of one match is remarkable.

Or put another way...no loss in three.

Established 1968

It’d be mildly ironic if Lambert stumbled on a plan on 09:41 - Feb 24 with 1787 viewsBluefish

It’d be mildly ironic if Lambert stumbled on a plan on 09:37 - Feb 24 by itfcjoe

The real ironic thing is I spoke to a couple of players early this season and last season and their view was that things are being massively overcomplicated and we just need to go relatively simple and just overpower and outwork teams with the quality we have.

It was blindingly obvious and has now been proved

I had a superb manager, he gave up trying to sort the tactics because it made us worse. He let the players play and shame a supporting squad to accommodate us. Just get the right blend of players and let them play. The savvy managers then just squeak an extra couple of percent here and there with set prices and motivation.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

It’d be mildly ironic if Lambert stumbled on a plan on 09:44 - Feb 24 with 1766 viewsHerbivore

It’d be mildly ironic if Lambert stumbled on a plan on 09:37 - Feb 24 by Scuzzer

Or put another way...no loss in three.

That still isn't all that impressive. We're in the third division.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

It’d be mildly ironic if Lambert stumbled on a plan on 09:54 - Feb 24 with 1743 viewsBlueBadger

He's not stumbled upon a plan, he's lucked into a lineup that's managed not to lose in two games. It's still only scored once.

It'll be found out, or he'll make changes for the sake of making changes.

Again.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

It’d be mildly ironic if Lambert stumbled on a plan on 10:00 - Feb 24 with 1702 viewsPinewoodblue

It’d be mildly ironic if Lambert stumbled on a plan on 09:54 - Feb 24 by BlueBadger

He's not stumbled upon a plan, he's lucked into a lineup that's managed not to lose in two games. It's still only scored once.

It'll be found out, or he'll make changes for the sake of making changes.

Again.

Less rigid style of play as a result of giving players more freedom.

We still have a big problem with scoring goals though.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

It’d be mildly ironic if Lambert stumbled on a plan on 10:01 - Feb 24 with 1694 viewsitfcjoe

It’d be mildly ironic if Lambert stumbled on a plan on 09:41 - Feb 24 by Bluefish

It was blindingly obvious and has now been proved

I had a superb manager, he gave up trying to sort the tactics because it made us worse. He let the players play and shame a supporting squad to accommodate us. Just get the right blend of players and let them play. The savvy managers then just squeak an extra couple of percent here and there with set prices and motivation.

I spoke to one of the players about Saturday's team......"No idea where he's pulled the team out for today, but it's f**king strong"

Mick was always very good at finding a way to get his best 11 players on the pitch

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

It’d be mildly ironic if Lambert stumbled on a plan on 10:02 - Feb 24 with 1686 viewsBlueBadger

It’d be mildly ironic if Lambert stumbled on a plan on 10:00 - Feb 24 by Pinewoodblue

Less rigid style of play as a result of giving players more freedom.

We still have a big problem with scoring goals though.

I'm reminded of the Woolf 'all he did was sent us out and said 'just go" interview.

That fell apart after about two games.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2021 10:09]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

It’d be mildly ironic if Lambert stumbled on a plan on 10:09 - Feb 24 with 1662 viewsthebooks

It’d be mildly ironic if Lambert stumbled on a plan on 09:37 - Feb 24 by itfcjoe

I couldn’t agree more. As the cliché goes: Football is a simple game. Especially in league one.

When we were winning last season it felt like it was despite the tactics and purely because we had better players than the opposition.
It’d be mildly ironic if Lambert stumbled on a plan on 10:21 - Feb 24 with 1620 viewsflettonblue

Lambert - I ll drive you up to Glasgow, when do you want picking up ?
It’d be mildly ironic if Lambert stumbled on a plan on 10:23 - Feb 24 with 1608 viewsbournemouthblue

It’d be mildly ironic if Lambert stumbled on a plan on 08:21 - Feb 24 by tractorboy1978

The only thing to take out of the Oxford result was the fact they were in a hot run of form at the time

It's funny how switching to a direct game, in part because we now have Parrott is getting more out of the likes or Norwood and Judge in particular

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

It’d be mildly ironic if Lambert stumbled on a plan on 10:25 - Feb 24 with 1601 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024