Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sacking McGreal has done wonders for Col U 10:57 - Feb 24 with 1404 viewshype313

Currently sitting 21st

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Sacking McGreal has done wonders for Col U on 11:09 - Feb 24 with 1346 viewsbluewein

Didn't the fans want him out?

I expect they'll be fine seeing as they have free falling Southend and H*rsts Grimsby propping up the table, but that's quite the fall in the space of 7 months...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Sacking McGreal has done wonders for Col U on 11:09 - Feb 24 with 1342 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Ok.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Sacking McGreal has done wonders for Col U on 11:15 - Feb 24 with 1307 viewsmrfixit426

I went to watch them a few times over the last 3 seasons or so, and I could see what McGreal was trying to do there. He just didn't have and couldn't get good enough players to do it, although Szmodics was a standout. His style of play was heavily influenced by his time under Burley. I wouldn't be disappointed to see him end up in the Ipswich job to be honest.
Sacking McGreal has done wonders for Col U on 11:16 - Feb 24 with 1300 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Considering they brought Steve Ball in to bring through and develop youngsters, it's been quite the U-turn on that.

Kwame Poku, Courtney Senior and Noah Chilvers are 3 youngsters who you would say would attract interest elsewhere, but I don't think Senior or Poku have quite kicked on this season.

Jevani Brown is another who should be doing much better than he has been doing recently.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Sacking McGreal has done wonders for Col U on 11:20 - Feb 24 with 1270 viewsitfcjoe

He wanted a bit more backing after what he'd acheived and didn't get it - so was more mutual I thinnk

SHows that he was doing a decent job there, especially with the cup run

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Sacking McGreal has done wonders for Col U on 11:24 - Feb 24 with 1212 viewscatch74

So they’ve gone for Wayne Brown now.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Sacking McGreal has done wonders for Col U on 11:27 - Feb 24 with 1198 viewsSimonds92

Sacking McGreal has done wonders for Col U on 11:20 - Feb 24 by itfcjoe

He wanted a bit more backing after what he'd acheived and didn't get it - so was more mutual I thinnk

SHows that he was doing a decent job there, especially with the cup run

I haven't looked in a great lot of detail but I was under the impression that they basically had to undertake a big cost cutting exercise? Got rid of a whole load of first team players and replaced McGreal with an internal guy focusing on the youth because that's all they could afford.
If this is the caae it's hardly surprising and its not necessarily down to removing JM.
Sacking McGreal has done wonders for Col U on 11:32 - Feb 24 with 1165 viewsMach_foreignBlue

21st with the central back whom we should have signed up at all costs last summer according to some.
Login to get fewer ads

Sacking McGreal has done wonders for Col U on 11:43 - Feb 24 with 1090 viewsTieDyedIn95

Sacking McGreal has done wonders for Col U on 11:32 - Feb 24 by Mach_foreignBlue

21st with the central back whom we should have signed up at all costs last summer according to some.

This.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Sacking McGreal has done wonders for Col U on 12:17 - Feb 24 with 1018 viewsIP4_Blue

Sacking McGreal has done wonders for Col U on 11:09 - Feb 24 by bluewein

Didn't the fans want him out?

I expect they'll be fine seeing as they have free falling Southend and H*rsts Grimsby propping up the table, but that's quite the fall in the space of 7 months...

I work in Colchester and this guy is a Colchester fan who hated and wanted him out he also hates Ipswich i've told him numerous times we really do not care about Colchester Norwich is our rival but he seems to think we care about Colchester. And yes he is a knob
Sacking McGreal has done wonders for Col U on 12:21 - Feb 24 with 1002 viewsPassionNotAnger

Sacking McGreal has done wonders for Col U on 12:17 - Feb 24 by IP4_Blue

I work in Colchester and this guy is a Colchester fan who hated and wanted him out he also hates Ipswich i've told him numerous times we really do not care about Colchester Norwich is our rival but he seems to think we care about Colchester. And yes he is a knob

Wow - that's a cool story - thanks for sharing
Sacking McGreal has done wonders for Col U on 12:22 - Feb 24 with 993 viewsTieDyedIn95

I find that the case too, there are even sections of Cambridge United fans who hate us quite a bit as well.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Sacking McGreal has done wonders for Col U on 12:25 - Feb 24 with 973 viewsIP4_Blue

Sacking McGreal has done wonders for Col U on 12:21 - Feb 24 by PassionNotAnger

Wow - that's a cool story - thanks for sharing

Why bother commenting?!!
Sacking McGreal has done wonders for Col U on 12:26 - Feb 24 with 964 viewsIP4_Blue

Sacking McGreal has done wonders for Col U on 12:22 - Feb 24 by TieDyedIn95

I find that the case too, there are even sections of Cambridge United fans who hate us quite a bit as well.

I find more so since we went down. Tbh i've never really felt anything for Colchester
Sacking McGreal has done wonders for Col U on 13:14 - Feb 24 with 836 viewsPendejo

I never knew how much Col Who fans hated (were jealous of us) til one night having arrived in Ipswich after attending a game at Newcastle. We'd parked near Butts, back of Willis building and some random passed by started berating us, accusing us of being plastics and why hadn't we gone to the game... We had ticket stubs and a programme and he still wouldn't have it.

He was so vitrioloc, I've never come across so much hate for ITFC ever

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Sacking McGreal has done wonders for Col U on 16:02 - Feb 24 with 712 viewshype313

If it's any consolation, I abhor everything about Colchester, the town, the train station, the ropey nightclubs I used to frequent back in the 90's and the fact that they are all plastic East Londoners trying to sound like Danny Dyer.

The Zoo's nice though.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024