Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saturday has suddenly become a biggie hasn’t it? 11:23 - Feb 24 with 438 viewsclive_baker

I would go as far as saying we need to be on 50 points after 30 games, which would give us a platform. Have to say, such is the nature of L1 that I look through that fixture list and with the exception of a couple of tougher looking away games there really is nobody we shouldn’t be beating, but that’s been the case all season of course. And last.

It just makes it all even more frustrating to me that what we’re finally seeing a bit more of what we’ve all been crying out for for so long. Last couple of games we’ve looked more scrappy (in a good way), much quicker and higher press, unrecognisable tempo, 2nd front man off a number 9, less predictable, getting the ball forward more quickly and with purpose, and a more pragmatic defensive approach. It’s felt much less complicated and far far harder to play against. Not rocket science is it? It’s just effective League 1 football that will yield points. The fact Lambert has messed about for the past 2 years and taken us backwards to such an extent is unforgivable. I’ve got no confidence that this isn’t a false dawn either. Genuinely the worst manager I’ve seen at Town and that takes some doing.

Still, let’s hope we can somehow sh1thouse some more wins despite him, rather than thanks to him. Big one Saturday.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Saturday has suddenly become a biggie hasn’t it? on 11:44 - Feb 24 with 367 viewstractorboy1978

At least 10 wins needed in the 18 games left I think. Should be very do-able but we've only had 13 in the 28 games so far...
Saturday has suddenly become a biggie hasn’t it? on 11:48 - Feb 24 with 357 viewsSomethingBlue

Yeah, said similar last night — win it and I think we do give ourselves a chance. Fall short and you just give up any hope of us building the momentum we need.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Saturday has suddenly become a biggie hasn’t it? on 11:50 - Feb 24 with 350 viewsHarry_Palmer

Very good summary. Most of us have been saying for a long time that a more back to basics approach, 2 strikers on the pitch and less fannying about in our own half would bring an immediate upturn in results.

And that's not down to some amazing insight, it has just been blindingly obvious for quite some time. It's really quite amazing how a so called Professional football Manager has taken so long to work it out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024