Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This quote from the East Anglian really makes you think. 11:38 - Feb 24 with 1233 viewsNthQldITFC

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/stu-says-hull-0-ipswich-1-7787752

The following quote from Stuart Watson's piece in the East Anglian...

'You have to go way back to the 1-0 victory at Fleetwod (sic) in October 2019 for Ipswich's last 'statement' win like this.'

...has really got to me, in the sense that:

i. We see a 1-0 win at Hull as a 'statement' win.
ii. We see a 1-0 win at Fleetwood! as having been a 'statement' win.
ii. That there have been 16 (sixteen) months between these two glorious events in the timeline of Ipswich Town Football Club, notwithstanding Covid.

Will somebody please wake me up.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

This quote from the East Anglian really makes you think. on 11:39 - Feb 24 with 1184 viewshomer_123

New hope or false dawn?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

This quote from the East Anglian really makes you think. on 11:42 - Feb 24 with 1146 viewsSteve_M

I don't think Fleetwood was seen as that big a deal at the time was it?

Yesterday certainly was a statement win: the record against the better sides in this division, form over the last three months, Lambert's impending exit, our expectations before the match.

I would much rather we weren't at this point in the third tier, but we are and result should be seen in that context.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

This quote from the East Anglian really makes you think. on 11:42 - Feb 24 with 1130 viewsfooters

It's depressing how low the bar is set for us now and how quickly people lap up what should be routine wins in League fecking One. We'll be handing out awards for better performances soon.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

This quote from the East Anglian really makes you think. on 11:44 - Feb 24 with 1113 viewsStokieBlue

Excellent use of roman numerals for the bullet points - top marks (although your last one is lacking a certain increment).

As for the post, you're spot on with the added aspect that a win at Fleetwood is even considered a statement win.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

This quote from the East Anglian really makes you think. on 11:45 - Feb 24 with 1099 viewsStokieBlue

This quote from the East Anglian really makes you think. on 11:42 - Feb 24 by footers

It's depressing how low the bar is set for us now and how quickly people lap up what should be routine wins in League fecking One. We'll be handing out awards for better performances soon.

Lambert seems to manage using this advice:

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

This quote from the East Anglian really makes you think. on 13:10 - Feb 24 with 929 viewsfactual_blue

It depends on what the 'statement' is.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

This quote from the East Anglian really makes you think. on 13:13 - Feb 24 with 909 viewsWeWereZombies

This quote from the East Anglian really makes you think. on 11:39 - Feb 24 by homer_123

New hope or false dawn?

Or combine both and get false hope?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

This quote from the East Anglian really makes you think. on 13:14 - Feb 24 with 906 viewsSwansea_Blue

When a fellow TWTDer recently mentioned we need to win 2 in 3 to stand a chance of going up I thought the 3 referred to matches, not years. This is suddenly far more doable! Even for Lambert.

Promotion here we come

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

This quote from the East Anglian really makes you think. on 14:15 - Feb 24 with 788 viewsBluefish

Fleetwood away? That wasn't convincing either

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

This quote from the East Anglian really makes you think. on 14:27 - Feb 24 with 746 viewsTJS

The simple fact is that if you take the results of the 9 matches we have played against the top six teams (based on PPG) we have won 1 and lost 8.
So good result last night in isolation but nowhere near good enough overall.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2021 14:29]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024