Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? 14:50 - Feb 24 with 6231 viewsSteve_M

If you hate him still then just ignore the post please:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/feb/24/mick-mccarthy-cardiff-city-cham

Cardiff away at plucky little Bournemouth tonight, easy one to know which team to support there.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 14:51 - Feb 24 with 3528 viewsKeno

have you any evidence to support that last sentence?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 14:52 - Feb 24 with 3525 viewsMullet

Hang on. He's managing in the Championship? Winning games? Completely turning a club around? Getting national recognition and appreciation for being such a good manager?

How did that happen then Steve? What are you trying to tell us?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 14:52 - Feb 24 with 3514 viewsJ2BLUE

People mocked his first result there being a 2-2 draw, missing the point that at HT he turned them around to go out and get a draw from 2-0 down. Must have been a big confidence boost. Since then they've been on fire.

Good luck to him.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 14:53 - Feb 24 with 3498 viewsm14_blue

God, I miss Mick and TC.
TWTD. (n/t) on 14:54 - Feb 24 with 3474 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Yeah, but the Cardiff fans are furious..... on 14:56 - Feb 24 with 3450 viewsBloots

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 14:52 - Feb 24 by Mullet

Hang on. He's managing in the Championship? Winning games? Completely turning a club around? Getting national recognition and appreciation for being such a good manager?

How did that happen then Steve? What are you trying to tell us?

....that they are going to miss out on seeing their team rip it up every week in the 3rd Division.

Plus don't forget all those new grounds.

What's Welsh for numbskull?

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 14:58 - Feb 24 with 3444 viewshomer_123

“Yes, he’s got the one-liners and he puts his arm around you and lifts the players,” Vaulks says. “But there’s no denying he’s very experienced, tactically.”

Some won't like or agree with that at all.....

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Yeah, but the Cardiff fans are furious..... on 14:59 - Feb 24 with 3433 viewsMullet

Yeah, but the Cardiff fans are furious..... on 14:56 - Feb 24 by Bloots

....that they are going to miss out on seeing their team rip it up every week in the 3rd Division.

Ah yeah, get relegated it'll reset the club they said. Be nice to win again they said. See new places like Wycombe they said. Sheffield United they said. What do you mean they were down there spending fortunes for half a decade or more they said?

Imagine that.

Login to get fewer ads

I've just noticed that he..... on 15:03 - Feb 24 with 3383 viewsBloots

Yeah, but the Cardiff fans are furious..... on 14:59 - Feb 24 by Mullet

Ah yeah, get relegated it'll reset the club they said. Be nice to win again they said. See new places like Wycombe they said. Sheffield United they said. What do you mean they were down there spending fortunes for half a decade or more they said?

Imagine that.

....swore in that interview as well.

Expect he'll now get called a nonce by the Cardiff fans.

I've just noticed that he..... on 15:05 - Feb 24 with 3373 viewsMullet

I've just noticed that he..... on 15:03 - Feb 24 by Bloots

....swore in that interview as well.

Expect he'll now get called a nonce by the Cardiff fans.

Dino bout that

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 15:14 - Feb 24 with 3316 viewsjudespiveyg

What he's doing at Cardiff actually reminds me a lot of what he did here back in 2012, take a squad with talented yet very streaky players and turning them into a solid outfit. As much as I hope managers of his style fade out of the English game (Allardyce and Pulis' declining effectiveness being a very promising sign), I do wish him good luck.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 15:16 - Feb 24 with 3304 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sorry, not an easy decision who to support at all. I disliked Cardiff before I moved to South Wales and that dislike has only deepened. A horrible history with hooliganism, an owner who threw far more money at them than Bournemouth received, their brazen attempts to not pay the Sala fee and even contended that he was their player (after parading him around the pitch to the fans at half time). Horrible club.

Mick's doing well though. I had quick look compared to his start with us and it was pretty similar. I think here was w5, l2 in the first 7 and they are w5, d2.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 15:17 - Feb 24 with 3292 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 15:14 - Feb 24 by judespiveyg

What he's doing at Cardiff actually reminds me a lot of what he did here back in 2012, take a squad with talented yet very streaky players and turning them into a solid outfit. As much as I hope managers of his style fade out of the English game (Allardyce and Pulis' declining effectiveness being a very promising sign), I do wish him good luck.

Yep. And with similar results at the start. It'll be hilarious on here if he actually takes them up via the playoffs.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Yeah, but the Cardiff fans are furious..... on 15:23 - Feb 24 with 3271 viewsartsbossbeard

Yeah, but the Cardiff fans are furious..... on 14:56 - Feb 24 by Bloots

Cardiff fans will soon get bored by the lack of possession*.

Copyright Unstableblue last week

* And technical approach too, I'm 100% sure.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 15:24 - Feb 24 with 3251 viewsDarth_Koont

That really is a massive game tonight. Although mainly for Bournemouth. Lose and Cardiff will go level on points and take them out of the playoffs on GD, I think. Despite Cardiff being miles back and thinking about a possible relegation fight when Mick took over.

Pronouns: He/Him

Big games for Brentford and Sheff Weds (Thompson) tonight as well on 16:46 - Feb 24 with 3042 viewsunstableblue

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 15:24 - Feb 24 by Darth_Koont

That really is a massive game tonight. Although mainly for Bournemouth. Lose and Cardiff will go level on points and take them out of the playoffs on GD, I think. Despite Cardiff being miles back and thinking about a possible relegation fight when Mick took over.

Brentford lost three on the bounce and need to get back on track and retain top two place... Sheff Weds after a mini bounce under out ex-player caretakerare slumping again and could get set adrift

With Man City walking away with Premier League, interesting tussle at top of Championship. Cardiff flying under Mick and Bournemouth a bit mixed, and only with a caretaker in Woodgate in charge and a bit of turmoil.... 3 points for Cardiff I think.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

COPYRIGHT INFINGEMENT ALERT on 17:03 - Feb 24 with 3002 viewsunstableblue

Yeah, but the Cardiff fans are furious..... on 15:23 - Feb 24 by artsbossbeard

Cardiff fans will soon get bored by the lack of possession*.

Copyright Unstableblue last week

* And technical approach too, I'm 100% sure.

I want my license and IP fees by BACS payment by the end of the day

How very dare you!

All I was doing was repeating some Cardiff fans feedback after the Coventry game.... only time will tell, watch this space!!

PS - they'll win tonight and the Mick love in will quite rightly continue, and why not he's got them flying.... the squad is perfect for him, free scoring big striker and pal, midfield engine room not essential, strong defence (again just repeating Coventry observations)... again good luck to him!

As stated ad-infinitum - He's been the only decent manager under Marcus, we had a great season or two under him, it just fizzled out and once the results went the fare wasn't acceptable to the vast majority of fans (80% in EADT poll) - you do remember that we hadn't score at home for months when the clamour was at its loudest, and were being well well beaten in lacklustre displays... don't understand why you blank these facts out

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 17:29 - Feb 24 with 2911 viewscbower

Naughty, naughty Steve. You have mentioned the unmentionable, tacitly defending the indefensible. OK, he helped us avoid relegation in 2012/13 but ALL his other seasons have led us to our current resting place. His football was ALWAYS shoite and in responding to the incessant personal barracking from some fans he crossed their self serving line of decency. I know you know all of this but thought I would remind you. Oh, and finally, it will all go sour at Cardiff like it did (after his extended stays) at Wolves , Sunderland and here 'cos he's a pg-headed, arrogant Yorkshireman and they will see through his football as it isn't technical enough.

bluescouser

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 18:07 - Feb 24 with 2814 viewsblueconscience

Did he not start well with us, also?

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 18:14 - Feb 24 with 2799 viewsHerbivore

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 18:07 - Feb 24 by blueconscience

Started well, continued well for about 3 years, then did okay for a couple more.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 18:37 - Feb 24 with 2738 viewsFtnfwest

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 18:07 - Feb 24 by blueconscience

Yes but ME didn’t back him, as he spent it all on his premier league salary and £1m bonus to keep us up.
Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 18:39 - Feb 24 with 2723 viewsHerbivore

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 18:37 - Feb 24 by Ftnfwest

Yes but ME didn’t back him, as he spent it all on his premier league salary and £1m bonus to keep us up.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 18:41 - Feb 24 with 2721 viewsDarth_Koont

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 18:14 - Feb 24 by Herbivore

Started well, continued well for about 3 years, then did okay for a couple more.

Indeed. And that “OK for a couple of years” was at a time, for better or worse, where he sheltered Evans from the fact that he’d really tightened the belt and we were waiting for the youngsters who were going to come through from the new focus on the academy and the youngsters.

I’m not going to say it was a golden age by any stretch – it was pretty grim even with some spells and good results dotted around. But he was effectively tasked with producing a younger, more sustainable squad and building up value while remaining competitive. A play-off charge would have been a bonus but very unlikely.

Unfortunately, people weren’t looking closely at the constraints he was under because he didn’t make a song and dance about it and it was us getting closer to two decades of frustration in this division. I can understand people wanted a change but it was absolutely ripe for a BCWYWF disaster given how well he was actually doing by any objective measures.

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 18:43 - Feb 24 with 2715 viewsFelstow1978

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 15:16 - Feb 24 by Swansea_Blue

Sorry, not an easy decision who to support at all. I disliked Cardiff before I moved to South Wales and that dislike has only deepened. A horrible history with hooliganism, an owner who threw far more money at them than Bournemouth received, their brazen attempts to not pay the Sala fee and even contended that he was their player (after parading him around the pitch to the fans at half time). Horrible club.

Mick's doing well though. I had quick look compared to his start with us and it was pretty similar. I think here was w5, l2 in the first 7 and they are w5, d2.

So what's wrong with a touch of "hooliganism"? 1970s were the best years of my life, beer n bovver a way of life. Football's a man's game, not the plasticised nonceness served up to the Sky generation

Poll: Isn't it time that HRH Shesgotmyballsinherhand stops feeling the need to preach?

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 18:47 - Feb 24 with 2688 viewsDarth_Koont

Anyone want to read how MM is getting on at Cardiff? on 18:43 - Feb 24 by Felstow1978

So what's wrong with a touch of "hooliganism"? 1970s were the best years of my life, beer n bovver a way of life. Football's a man's game, not the plasticised nonceness served up to the Sky generation

Brilliant!

Now this is how you do a comedy persona, people.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024