Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Ashton 15:42 - Feb 24 with 4353 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Mark Ashton on 15:48 - Feb 24 with 4260 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Yes Ashton would be a concern.... BC fans do not seem keen.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Mark Ashton on 15:56 - Feb 24 with 4163 viewsStewart27

It’s strange because an outsider might look at Bristol City and think that they have pretty much been in the ascendancy the past 5 years or so. They have historically transformed from an absolute nothing club flirting in the bottom two tiers to a club up until this season fighting for the play offs in the championship.

We’ve basically swapped places with them.

Our decline looks to worsen.

So I probably wouldn’t be careful what I wish for in this case.
Mark Ashton on 15:59 - Feb 24 with 4103 viewsFixed_It

Mark Ashton on 15:48 - Feb 24 by BlueandTruesince82

Good negotiator apparently. See profit made from the Adam Webster purchase/sale.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Mark Ashton on 15:59 - Feb 24 with 4096 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Mark Ashton on 16:04 - Feb 24 with 3990 viewsericclacton

Be watchful who you watch with. Be carefree who you sleep with. Be sly who you lie with. Be concerned who you wash with. O.k.
Mark Ashton on 16:05 - Feb 24 with 3988 viewsitfcjoe

Mark Ashton on 15:59 - Feb 24 by BryanPlug

Interestingly Nigel Pearson has been appointed Manager and not Head Coach

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mark Ashton on 17:48 - Feb 24 with 3399 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Mark Ashton on 15:59 - Feb 24 by BryanPlug

I suppose it comes down to what we need now

1. Someone that does illicit top dollar for Woolf, Downes and Dozzell so that any manager gets a maximum to reinvest. Seems thats ticked.

2. A modern structure, we operate like it's still 1995, its one of our biggest issues. He's certainly new school so with the right ownership possibly.

Those 2 things would make a huge difference to us .

Flip side is if he fancies himself as a scout and we ended up with a coach working with players signed by a suit thats would be a worry... I think we need a transfer committee, and a player spotter who can find value further a field than the UK .... Buendia was on loan in the Spanish 3rd Div (I think, may be 2nd but as far as I can see 17/18 season they were 3rd tier) now he's worth 50 million quid.....

All theoretical and frankly were Ipswich so id be amazed if any of this take over talk is true but if he is strong enough to re-establish us in the Champ I'd take that with a view that hopefully as we progress we might then look at bringing a fresh face.

It's a 5 year job at least

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Mark Ashton on 18:29 - Feb 24 with 3165 viewsTieDyedIn95

It's largely the Bristol City fans who have been stoking this particular piece of hilarious fan fiction which has its origins on a heavily pixelated for 2021 image taken from WhatsApp that in desperation our Twitter lot have taken and given a whole new life to.

40million for a 3rd division club. Come the f on people.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Login to get fewer ads

Mark Ashton on 18:31 - Feb 24 with 3137 viewsblueconscience

Everyone is also critical of people when they are being rumoured to leave. Ipswich fans included.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Mark Ashton on 18:33 - Feb 24 with 3130 viewstractorboy1978

Mark Ashton on 18:29 - Feb 24 by TieDyedIn95

It's largely the Bristol City fans who have been stoking this particular piece of hilarious fan fiction which has its origins on a heavily pixelated for 2021 image taken from WhatsApp that in desperation our Twitter lot have taken and given a whole new life to.

Why are you obsessed with this?
Mark Ashton on 18:37 - Feb 24 with 3092 viewsTieDyedIn95

Mark Ashton on 18:33 - Feb 24 by tractorboy1978

Why are you obsessed with this?

Because so many have been suckered in, including national press, to what is obviously made up half term nonsense of Twitter. Just look at the state of that WhatsApp message. We had the same rubbish years back with the mystery Dutch consortium (its always a consortium isn't it...) people were hopping all over. It's so obviously fake it's silly.

Or have I been sent by the consortium to deliberately play it down....

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Mark Ashton on 18:39 - Feb 24 with 3082 viewsBryanPlug

Mark Ashton on 18:47 - Feb 24 with 2995 viewsjeera

Mark Ashton on 18:37 - Feb 24 by TieDyedIn95

Because so many have been suckered in, including national press, to what is obviously made up half term nonsense of Twitter. Just look at the state of that WhatsApp message. We had the same rubbish years back with the mystery Dutch consortium (its always a consortium isn't it...) people were hopping all over. It's so obviously fake it's silly.

Or have I been sent by the consortium to deliberately play it down....

Having a quick scan over the past few pages and there only seems to be one serious thread on the subject.

You've probably made more posts on the matter than most now.

The same with this £40 mill figure, you've 'mocked' it more than anyone else on here has banded it about.

This is all about some Whatsapp message that most seem completely unaware of or care about?

If Twitter is the problem then go and have your moan on there maybe.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Mark Ashton on 13:21 - Feb 25 with 2465 viewsBlueWorldOrder

He's going to be backed up by others with a new structure in place at Ipswich when the new owners take over.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Mark Ashton on 14:25 - Feb 25 with 2274 viewsSamWhiteUK

Mark Ashton on 18:39 - Feb 24 by BryanPlug

His/her obsession with getting in the fact that he/she might be right is actually cringeworthy. Like it's actually stressing them out I think TyeDyed needs to chill out
Mark Ashton on 16:33 - Apr 9 with 1804 viewsBlueWorldOrder

I am very concerned about him being appointed and so far all the rumours have been true - so I am sure he will be appointed.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Mark Ashton on 21:35 - Apr 9 with 1675 viewsBryanPlug

Mark Ashton on 21:37 - Apr 9 with 1669 viewsjeera

Mark Ashton on 21:35 - Apr 9 by BryanPlug

To be fair the poster has come out and addressed this and has even pledged £100 to charity.

There's not much more he can do really.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Mark Ashton on 21:38 - Apr 9 with 1664 viewsSteve_M

Mark Ashton on 21:35 - Apr 9 by BryanPlug

I thought you liked people with alternative views? Or only when they agree with you? And to be fair to TieDyed he/she recognised they had gone too far in the takeover stuff and offered to make a donation to charity if it did happen.

So yours is a cheap and unnecessary point-scoring post.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2021 21:52]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024