Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Moose, TalkSport 09:19 - Feb 25 with 3646 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I was listening to TS last night, and they mentioned what a good job MM was doing at Cardiff.

Fair enough, he is doing a good job and good luck to him.

However, Moose then said "a quick shout out to all the Ipswich fans who basically hounded him out and made his life a misery!". I switched off at that point.

Why after 3 years, does the national media continue to dredge this up? He was employed for 5 years (waaaay longer than average).

Pretty much every EFL club mustve sacked one or two managers since MM left.

Maybe Moose shouldve given a shout out to the Nicosia Directors, or the ROI team bosses?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The Moose, TalkSport on 09:25 - Feb 25 with 3556 viewshype313

Classic Talksport "sweeping generic football statements" about their mates. Nothing more.

Which made it quite refreshing to hear Jim White's chat with Rich, he actually got into the underbelly of the club and understood the nuances towards our previous managers.

Also, the Moose is an absolute tool.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2021 9:32]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Maybe it's because.... on 09:25 - Feb 25 with 3540 viewsBloots

....our decline on the pitch started the moment he left the club and hasn't stopped yet?

Good to have yet another thread on a subject that apparently nobody wants to talk about though.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Maybe it's because.... on 09:31 - Feb 25 with 3472 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Maybe it's because.... on 09:25 - Feb 25 by Bloots

....our decline on the pitch started the moment he left the club and hasn't stopped yet?

Good to have yet another thread on a subject that apparently nobody wants to talk about though.

The national media and a number of ITFC fans need to move on.

It was time to part ways, and MM knew this when he walked out on us.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Maybe it's because.... on 09:46 - Feb 25 with 3373 viewsJon_456

Lets not re-write history. Our decline started after we reached the play offs.

Mick should have got some financial support in the January window of that season and certainly should have been given more leeway to improve the squad the following summer.

However I think most agree that he couldn't continue after all that had gone on over the following 2 years. Football was getting worse, attendances were falling and everything was starting to become stale. Anything that came after he left is a consequence of Paul Hursts poor decisions and ME employing Lambert to try and save the season.

Mick did a good job here under the circumstances but it was time to go. Good luck to him at Cardiff, I hope he gets them promoted.
The Moose, TalkSport on 09:51 - Feb 25 with 3331 viewsMonkeyAlan

The numb skulls hounded him out. Gave him abuse every week, then he gave some back and they cried like babies. It's been so much better since though hasn't it?........ Oh.....
The Moose, TalkSport on 10:02 - Feb 25 with 3249 viewslazyblue

But everybody in the media was correct about MM that when he left Ipswich we would suffer and we have really suffered.
The Moose, TalkSport on 10:04 - Feb 25 with 3236 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The Moose, TalkSport on 09:51 - Feb 25 by MonkeyAlan

The numb skulls hounded him out. Gave him abuse every week, then he gave some back and they cried like babies. It's been so much better since though hasn't it?........ Oh.....

The numbskulls weren't all Ipswich fans.

Most agree it was time to go.

The main issue was Hurst letting our 5 top scorers and Webster go.

If he hadn't have walked out in April, Mick would have walked out in the Nov for the ROI job anyway.

Maybe it's because.... on 10:05 - Feb 25 with 3220 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Maybe it's because.... on 09:46 - Feb 25 by Jon_456

Mick should have got some financial support in the January window of that season and certainly should have been given more leeway to improve the squad the following summer.

However I think most agree that he couldn't continue after all that had gone on over the following 2 years. Football was getting worse, attendances were falling and everything was starting to become stale. Anything that came after he left is a consequence of Paul Hursts poor decisions and ME employing Lambert to try and save the season.

Mick did a good job here under the circumstances but it was time to go. Good luck to him at Cardiff, I hope he gets them promoted.

THIS!!

Login to get fewer ads

Maybe it's because.... on 10:16 - Feb 25 with 3157 viewsArnieM

McCarthy built nothing at this club. He took an easy £1m a year in salary and papered over the cracks .

He was VERY good at stopping our slide and made us hard to beat over that initial first 2 years. The rest was dour ,mind numbing " football". When challenged and called into to question about his approach to the game by the media and fans , HE became ultra defensive , and then abusive. SOME Town fans then responded in kind , which he didn't like , and so the ever escalating situation continued .

The mindless morons that attacked him at Brentford, where NOT representative of the Town fan base and were London based chavs , and they were wrong . Was he hounded out ? Utter rubbish. If the well known militant Town fans making a noise about the brand of football being dished up is classed as 2hounding out 2 then don't make me laugh ….he's had far worse at Wolves .

Yes he's doing well at Cardiff and good luck to him) but that the 3rd job he's had since leaving us . Will it last ? I doubt it .

His time at ITFC had run its course and he'd decided to move on . His position was untenable...and that was largely HIS fault .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

The Moose, TalkSport on 10:25 - Feb 25 with 3109 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Maybe it's because.... on 10:26 - Feb 25 with 3095 viewsdavblue

Maybe it's because.... on 09:46 - Feb 25 by Jon_456

I think our decline after the play off season was down to the core of the team being together for 3 years, not much rotation, i think it went stale. We didn't really bring in too many guaranteed starters and the core of the side was Berra, Chambers, Skuse, Murphy, McGoldrick.
Maybe it's because.... on 10:36 - Feb 25 with 3045 viewsChurchman

Maybe it's because.... on 10:16 - Feb 25 by ArnieM

McCarthy built nothing at this club. He took an easy £1m a year in salary and papered over the cracks .

He was VERY good at stopping our slide and made us hard to beat over that initial first 2 years. The rest was dour ,mind numbing " football". When challenged and called into to question about his approach to the game by the media and fans , HE became ultra defensive , and then abusive. SOME Town fans then responded in kind , which he didn't like , and so the ever escalating situation continued .

The mindless morons that attacked him at Brentford, where NOT representative of the Town fan base and were London based chavs , and they were wrong . Was he hounded out ? Utter rubbish. If the well known militant Town fans making a noise about the brand of football being dished up is classed as 2hounding out 2 then don't make me laugh ….he's had far worse at Wolves .

Yes he's doing well at Cardiff and good luck to him) but that the 3rd job he's had since leaving us . Will it last ? I doubt it .

His time at ITFC had run its course and he'd decided to move on . His position was untenable...and that was largely HIS fault .

I agree with this summary. People can keep rewriting history all they want but it doesn’t make it true. If McCarthy was the greatest manager since Julius Caesar why was he kicked out of Wolves and Sunderland before us?

As for our decline, it began with Sheepshanks gross incompetence and has been perpetuated by Evans’ massively worse incompetence, disinterest and neglect.

MM doing well at Cardiff? Good luck to him. Five and a half years here, half of which were moderately successful. He was miles better than all of the other managers since GB, but that’s not saying much. He wasn’t a patch on Scott Duncan, Ramsey, McGarry, Robson, Royle, Lyall or Burley.

Move on.

As for Talk Sport and the Moose, he was one of the boorish simpletons that encouraged me to stop listening to it
[Post edited 25 Feb 2021 10:37]
Maybe it's because.... on 10:45 - Feb 25 with 2980 viewsBeckets

Maybe it's because.... on 10:36 - Feb 25 by Churchman

I agree with this summary. People can keep rewriting history all they want but it doesn’t make it true. If McCarthy was the greatest manager since Julius Caesar why was he kicked out of Wolves and Sunderland before us?

As for our decline, it began with Sheepshanks gross incompetence and has been perpetuated by Evans’ massively worse incompetence, disinterest and neglect.

MM doing well at Cardiff? Good luck to him. Five and a half years here, half of which were moderately successful. He was miles better than all of the other managers since GB, but that’s not saying much. He wasn’t a patch on Scott Duncan, Ramsey, McGarry, Robson, Royle, Lyall or Burley.

Move on.

As for Talk Sport and the Moose, he was one of the boorish simpletons that encouraged me to stop listening to it
[Post edited 25 Feb 2021 10:37]

Agreed. He’s in the category of Good as far as managers go. Burley in the Very Good and SBR in the Great. The other 4 Evans appointments are in the Poor category!
Maybe it's because.... on 10:45 - Feb 25 with 2966 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Well said.

The Moose, TalkSport on 10:51 - Feb 25 with 2921 viewsKeaneish

A flippant, polarised soundbite presented lazily as a point to goad others and elevate personal status from an obese pundit employed by an ailing network determined to remain current..

This pretty much sums up a lot of what is wrong with the human condition in my view. I think the joke’s on Moose.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Maybe it's because.... on 10:53 - Feb 25 with 2900 viewsvapour_trail

Maybe it's because.... on 09:31 - Feb 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

The national media and a number of ITFC fans need to move on.

It was time to part ways, and MM knew this when he walked out on us.

Great demonstration of moving on.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

The Moose, TalkSport on 11:13 - Feb 25 with 2768 viewsPique

I think a key lesson here is: don’t listen to TalkSh!te.
Maybe it's because.... on 12:35 - Feb 25 with 2441 viewsVaughan8

A lot of people outside don't really understand.

In reality, are we just meant to keep going finishing 13th until he leaves? I always said he woulkdn't relegate us, but wouldn't get us up. I did read something after he left us that Wolves and another club (Sunderland?) were rubbish after he left.

As you say, it is apparant now that he didn't really build a future, he was very short-termist, which I don't blame him as managers are only around for a short time.

You cannot tell the fans to F Off and strop all the time and still be in your job, which is what it was like at the end.

The time was up for both. Sadly our "gamble" has been sooooooo bad! Our squad was decimated after he left and Hurst bought.....well we know.

Cardiff have a very good team hence why Harris was sacked. Mick has done well so far, and I wish him well. I'd like to see where they come at the end of the season rather than after 8 or so games. They have played teams in 7th, 8th, 11th, 12th, 14th, 17th, 20th, 22nd. Its a shame they don't have to play Norwich again!
The Moose, TalkSport on 12:46 - Feb 25 with 2361 viewsParsley

The Moose, TalkSport on 10:04 - Feb 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

The numbskulls weren't all Ipswich fans.

Most agree it was time to go.

The main issue was Hurst letting our 5 top scorers and Webster go.

If he hadn't have walked out in April, Mick would have walked out in the Nov for the ROI job anyway.

If he hadn't have walked out in April he would have left in May once the season finished as his contract was up
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024