Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Feelings about a possible takeover? Which fits your hopes best? 14:26 - Feb 25 with 894 viewsNthQldITFC

Feelings about a possible takeover? Which fits your hopes best?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Feelings about a possible takeover? Which fits your hopes best? on 14:27 - Feb 25 with 873 viewsNthQldITFC

Obviously some outcomes are more likely than others, and all except the last involve a new manager.

Feelings about a possible takeover? Which fits your hopes best? on 14:49 - Feb 25 with 793 viewsSamWhiteUK

I went for Evans, moderate investment. I don't particularly like Evans, but the way you see teams go tits up when they get new money... I would rather be a club that's well run (the moderate investment part) than one who just wins (or not) because they've spent a lot of money.

I won't go so far as to say we're lucky to have Evans, but he isn't the type to let us go under, or to irreparably break the bank
Feelings about a possible takeover? Which fits your hopes best? on 15:52 - Feb 25 with 700 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Evans cannot fix this club. I don't know why the support cannot get their heads round that part. When will they? Non-league?

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Feelings about a possible takeover? Which fits your hopes best? on 16:09 - Feb 25 with 684 viewsSamWhiteUK

Feelings about a possible takeover? Which fits your hopes best? on 15:52 - Feb 25 by BlueWorldOrder

Evans cannot fix this club. I don't know why the support cannot get their heads round that part. When will they? Non-league?

I'm not sure he can't, more that he's not willing to invest to do so
Feelings about a possible takeover? Which fits your hopes best? on 16:31 - Feb 25 with 661 viewsNthQldITFC

Feelings about a possible takeover? Which fits your hopes best? on 14:49 - Feb 25 by SamWhiteUK

I went for Evans, moderate investment. I don't particularly like Evans, but the way you see teams go tits up when they get new money... I would rather be a club that's well run (the moderate investment part) than one who just wins (or not) because they've spent a lot of money.

I won't go so far as to say we're lucky to have Evans, but he isn't the type to let us go under, or to irreparably break the bank

Me too.

Feelings about a possible takeover? Which fits your hopes best? on 16:45 - Feb 25 with 642 viewsjayessess

A bit on the fence about this, really.
The issue with Evans is competence rather than finance.
I've no problem with us being poor so long as we're doing the best we can with the money. That to me is the measure of whether I'm proud of the football club. As it stands, we underachieve relative to budget on the pitch, look amateurish and unambitious off it and the senior staff behave in an undignified, insulting and unprofessional manner in the press all the time.

Sort all that and I'd have no problem with Evans' lack of investment or even his silence. I don't need us to be world-beaters, but I would like us to be something you could potentially be proud of.

But, I don't think Evans is capable of that change, so part of me just thinks maybe new owners, regardless of resources and motivations might actually run things with a degree of competence, if only to defend their own investment. The other part of me worries that they might just be total goons with no clue what they're doing and no respect for what the club is and what it means to people.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Feelings about a possible takeover? Which fits your hopes best? on 21:32 - Feb 25 with 559 viewsNthQldITFC

Not one vote so far for 'Just change the manager' is quite telling.

Feelings about a possible takeover? Which fits your hopes best? on 23:44 - Feb 25 with 493 viewsRyorry

I'd go for option 2, except that "by whom" doesn't seem to be covered.

I'd be hoping that ME chooses the "who" rather more carefully than he's so far chosen the manager, wouldn't want to go from frying pan to fire. Given his track record tho, my confidence level is about 5%. Here's hoping he surprises me.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024