Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has there ever been an offer for Portman Road? 16:47 - Feb 25 with 2156 viewsPippin1970

The land i mean. Would they be interested in it?
Has there ever been an offer for Portman Road? on 16:49 - Feb 25 with 2140 viewsNthQldITFC

I had an offer on Portman Road once, I rebuffed the cheeky chap with "What kind of girl do you think I am?"

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Has there ever been an offer for Portman Road? on 16:49 - Feb 25 with 2136 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

There's no real benefit to buying it other than taking the rent out of the P&L.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Has there ever been an offer for Portman Road? on 16:51 - Feb 25 with 2086 viewsSteve_M

They? Ipswich Borough Council. It would take some justifying and present some electoral risk.

Very unlikely. No shortage of land to redevelop in the town anyway is there?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Has there ever been an offer for Portman Road? on 16:52 - Feb 25 with 2081 viewsbluefunk

ITFC did try to buy PR IIRC, they wanted to develop the ground and the surrounding land, but the council wouldn't go for it
Has there ever been an offer for Portman Road? on 16:53 - Feb 25 with 2056 viewsElderGrizzly

Has there ever been an offer for Portman Road? on 16:52 - Feb 25 by bluefunk

ITFC did try to buy PR IIRC, they wanted to develop the ground and the surrounding land, but the council wouldn't go for it

Yep, Evans investigated it a few years ago
Has there ever been an offer for Portman Road? on 16:58 - Feb 25 with 2002 viewstextbackup

Has there ever been an offer for Portman Road? on 16:53 - Feb 25 by ElderGrizzly

Yep, Evans investigated it a few years ago

at present we don't need to own it, do we?

in years to come if we ever become anything again I could see a new out of town stadium

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Has there ever been an offer for Portman Road? on 17:04 - Feb 25 with 1944 viewsRegencyBlue

I think the council declared it a community asset or something like that, meaning it couldn’t be sold to Evans.

Just as well or ownership of it would be in one of his offshore companies by now, in the same way the training ground is!
Has there ever been an offer for Portman Road? on 17:09 - Feb 25 with 1902 viewsSwansea_Blue

Has there ever been an offer for Portman Road? on 16:49 - Feb 25 by NthQldITFC

I had an offer on Portman Road once, I rebuffed the cheeky chap with "What kind of girl do you think I am?"

Ah yes, it was always the knocking shop area of the town wasn't it. I wonder if it still is (wondering for a, ahem, "friend").

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Has there ever been an offer for Portman Road? on 17:20 - Feb 25 with 1863 viewsRegencyBlue

Has there ever been an offer for Portman Road? on 17:09 - Feb 25 by Swansea_Blue

Ah yes, it was always the knocking shop area of the town wasn't it. I wonder if it still is (wondering for a, ahem, "friend").

To be fair not much scoring takes place in Portman Road these days!
Has there ever been an offer for Portman Road? on 17:49 - Feb 25 with 1782 viewschevblue

"The home of the Super Blues has been protected to prevent future council chiefs selling the ground for redevelopment."

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/ipswich-special-protection-for-portman-road-2097470
[Post edited 25 Feb 2021 17:50]

Blog: [Blog] Total Football

Has there ever been an offer for Portman Road? on 17:54 - Feb 25 with 1757 viewsClapham_Junction

Has there ever been an offer for Portman Road? on 17:49 - Feb 25 by chevblue

"The home of the Super Blues has been protected to prevent future council chiefs selling the ground for redevelopment."

I think this was at least partly in response to Ben Gummer calling for the council to sell it. Fingers crossed the Tories don't get control of IBC again.
Has there ever been an offer for Portman Road? on 18:14 - Feb 25 with 1668 viewsLord_Lucan

Has there ever been an offer for Portman Road? on 17:54 - Feb 25 by Clapham_Junction

I think this was at least partly in response to Ben Gummer calling for the council to sell it. Fingers crossed the Tories don't get control of IBC again.

Well it's a cracking half truth I'll give you that.

Gummer suggestion was to sell the ground to ITFC so that the council could use those funds for improvement to the waterfront.

Edit; There were plans many years ago for ITFC to move to The Suffolk Showground where a train station would also be constructed. Not sure if that was Sheepy or pre Sheepy.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2021 18:15]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Has there ever been an offer for Portman Road? on 18:29 - Feb 25 with 1597 viewsKeno

Didn't the Council offer the ground to the club at one point but I believe one of the Cobbold say no he'd rather it was separate

Also I believe there is a restrictive covenant on the land that it 'has to be used for sporting activity'

tho in fairness Town are stretching that a bit at the moment!!

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Has there ever been an offer for Portman Road? on 18:54 - Feb 25 with 1522 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Has there ever been an offer for Portman Road? on 17:49 - Feb 25 by chevblue

I suspect the Council prefer to get the annual income.

If they sell I suspect the proceeds won't all go back into local coffers.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Has there ever been an offer for Portman Road? on 19:49 - Feb 25 with 1375 viewsBryanPlug

Has there ever been an offer for Portman Road? on 16:49 - Feb 25 by NthQldITFC

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Has there ever been an offer for Portman Road? on 19:52 - Feb 25 with 1361 viewsSomethingBlue

That wouldn't be a factor if this deal went through.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Has there ever been an offer for Portman Road? on 19:58 - Feb 25 with 1328 viewsNthQldITFC

Has there ever been an offer for Portman Road? on 19:49 - Feb 25 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

No, it was an Alsatian dog, if you know what I mean.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024