Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil & Watson have spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting 09:40 - Feb 26 with 4952 viewsElderGrizzly

Appears we are stuck for a while longer...

Asked how their meeting had gone, Lambert - speaking ahead of tomorrow's home clash with Doncaster Rovers - said: "It was just what it is. Unfortunately for you guys these talks are not as interesting as what you might think they are. Marcus had his say, I had my say. Yeah... They're not interesting at all."

*Edited for loyalty*
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 10:29]
Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 09:42 - Feb 26 with 3510 viewsSitfcB

Ahem.

Can you wait for Phil to get his story up please.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 09:44 - Feb 26 with 3421 viewsSouperJim

I can't say I'm surprised, that's exactly what I thought when one or two started getting excited last week. They regularly have these meetings.

In the same breath, I'd also speculate that it's entirely possible that negotiations on Lambert's contract are ongoing, or Evans has told him he's going but got a few more games out of him while he lines up a replacement. Essentially what he tried to do with McCarthy.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 09:45 - Feb 26 with 3405 viewsElderGrizzly

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 09:42 - Feb 26 by SitfcB

Ahem.

Can you wait for Phil to get his story up please.

Phil is currently hiding in Evans' wardrobe hoping to get a scoop...
Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 09:46 - Feb 26 with 3393 viewsSitfcB

Going to be a meltdown on here today by SitfcB 25 Feb 2021 11:36
Think it’s been over egged, it’s just a usual meeting between the two I reckon, don’t think we’ll even hear anything about it.

Called it.

COYB

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 09:46 - Feb 26 with 3374 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 09:44 - Feb 26 by SouperJim

I can't say I'm surprised, that's exactly what I thought when one or two started getting excited last week. They regularly have these meetings.

In the same breath, I'd also speculate that it's entirely possible that negotiations on Lambert's contract are ongoing, or Evans has told him he's going but got a few more games out of him while he lines up a replacement. Essentially what he tried to do with McCarthy.

They usually have their meetings over zoom as Evans was abroad. The fact he's come back to England for a face to face meeting speaks for itself.
Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 09:48 - Feb 26 with 3313 viewsSteve_M

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 09:46 - Feb 26 by SitfcB

Think it’s been over egged, it’s just a usual meeting between the two I reckon, don’t think we’ll even hear anything about it.

Called it.

When Evans didn't make a quick decision on Lambert back in November I resigned myself to him being here all season. That may change if things go badly wrong but Evans has previous for being enormously indecisive.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 09:48 - Feb 26 with 3296 viewsElderGrizzly

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 09:46 - Feb 26 by abracaDOBRA_

They usually have their meetings over zoom as Evans was abroad. The fact he's come back to England for a face to face meeting speaks for itself.

Not really. He attends most games, so maybe just here ahead of the weekend.

But, they MUST have talked about how the highest paid manager with the biggest squad and budget in the league is currently mid-table (again)
Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 09:49 - Feb 26 with 3279 viewsGuthrum

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 09:45 - Feb 26 by ElderGrizzly

Phil is currently hiding in Evans' wardrobe hoping to get a scoop...

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 09:49 - Feb 26 with 3249 viewsSouperJim

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 09:46 - Feb 26 by abracaDOBRA_

Or Evans was in the country this time and was due a visit to the club, nothing more to it than that.

I'm afraid there is a lot of wishful thinking at the moment, but history would suggest the reality is far less sensational. It's not like Evans doesn't come into the country and visit the club a few times each year. You're putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 39, based on what you want to see happen.

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 09:53 - Feb 26 with 3118 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Are you losing your touch Phil? You seemed to think this was the 'end' talk.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 09:55 - Feb 26 with 3042 viewsSouperJim

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 09:53 - Feb 26 by The_Flashing_Smile

We still don't know that it wasn't and neither of them are likely to say anything if it was. Look how McCarthy's tenure ended...

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 09:56 - Feb 26 with 3005 viewsGuthrum

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 09:53 - Feb 26 by The_Flashing_Smile

Maybe it was, but Lambert has manged to do just enough, plus talking his way round.

Also, if Evans is deliberately resisting fan pressure ('BCWYWF' and all that), then the social media clamour/expectation may only have made him more determined. More loss of face if he seemingly caves to the crowd.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 09:57 - Feb 26 with 2972 viewsBlueBadger

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 09:46 - Feb 26 by SitfcB

Called it.

I was way ahead of you and I don't even Twitter.

Will tonight be PL’s Grimsby ? by BlueBadger 23 Feb 2021 11:41
Knowing our luck, we'll get a 'Barnsley' and The Fraud will see out the season.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 09:57 - Feb 26 with 2968 viewsN2_Blue

I've repeatedly said he will be here until end of the season and no one seems to believe that.

If ME was going dispense of him he wouldn't have sanctioned the loan signings and he would have done it by now. It was either a few weeks ago or will be end of season (if there even to be a change then).

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 09:58 - Feb 26 with 2934 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 09:55 - Feb 26 by SouperJim

We still don't know that it wasn't and neither of them are likely to say anything if it was. Look how McCarthy's tenure ended...

McCarthy was entirely different, his contract was coming to an end anyway.

If this was the end he wouldn't be taking the press conference. It's clearly not the end.

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 09:59 - Feb 26 with 2894 viewsSitfcB

Numerous people did tbf but Lambert has Evans wrapped around his little finger.

COYB

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 10:00 - Feb 26 with 2866 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 09:57 - Feb 26 by N2_Blue

I've repeatedly said he will be here until end of the season and no one seems to believe that.

If ME was going dispense of him he wouldn't have sanctioned the loan signings and he would have done it by now. It was either a few weeks ago or will be end of season (if there even to be a change then).

If that's the case, ST sales are going to take a massive hit in a few weeks when they ask for renewals.

Evans can't help himself but make mistake after mistake.

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 10:01 - Feb 26 with 2829 viewsSamWhiteUK

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 09:57 - Feb 26 by N2_Blue

Yeah, stupid weren't we, that we didn't believe one random forum poster any more than the rest. We'll make sure we give you the respect you deserve next time, don't worry, I'll make a little note here
Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 10:02 - Feb 26 with 2780 viewsabracaDOBRA_

I think a lot of people heard the same as Phil, but it seems to keep changing constantly. He was meant to have gone after Tuesday, and I'm pretty sure that's what Phil was hinting at, but something must have changed.
Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 10:03 - Feb 26 with 2754 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 09:59 - Feb 26 by SitfcB

Numerous people did tbf but Lambert has Evans wrapped around his little finger.

I tend to think Phil carries a bit more weight than most of the dweebs on here (in both senses of the word - only joking Phil!) but it looks like he's losing his touch.

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 10:05 - Feb 26 with 2710 viewsSamWhiteUK

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 10:03 - Feb 26 by The_Flashing_Smile

I tend to think Phil carries a bit more weight than most of the dweebs on here (in both senses of the word - only joking Phil!) but it looks like he's losing his touch.

He can only tell us what he hears. How can he be "losing his touch"? Maybe his hearing is going?
Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 10:05 - Feb 26 with 2694 viewschrismakin

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 10:02 - Feb 26 by abracaDOBRA_

I think a lot of people heard the same as Phil, but it seems to keep changing constantly. He was meant to have gone after Tuesday, and I'm pretty sure that's what Phil was hinting at, but something must have changed.

Like I said yesturday since the hull game. Theres barely been mention of Lambert out. Blue action have gone silent. Tweet replies to club statements have calmed down.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 10:06 - Feb 26 with 2668 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 10:05 - Feb 26 by chrismakin

Like I said yesturday since the hull game. Theres barely been mention of Lambert out. Blue action have gone silent. Tweet replies to club statements have calmed down.

I've still been sending my red cards!

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 10:08 - Feb 26 with 2623 viewsN2_Blue

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 10:00 - Feb 26 by The_Flashing_Smile

If that's the case, ST sales are going to take a massive hit in a few weeks when they ask for renewals.

Evans can't help himself but make mistake after mistake.

Not really. The current ST holders are the ones that will mostly renew whatever plus they will also bank on there being enough fans that will want to get back to football whatever after so long

This big drop that everyone things there will be i don't really see. We are Ipswich Town, we have a pretty soft fan basis.

Max drop-off i expect to be 500-1000. That's a max of £0.5 million to Evans. That's actually negated by keeping on Lambert a bit so don't think Evans will be losing any sleep about ST numbers.

If people were principled at ST numbers halved or something then it might make Evans sit up, but i can't see out fan base protesting in that way in enough numbers unfortunately.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 10:08 - Feb 26 with 2612 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 10:05 - Feb 26 by chrismakin

Exactly, and I have said the same. Twitter was awfully quiet with all the 'Lambert out' stuff so maybe some knew the same.

If I could have put money on him going this week, I would've put everything on it. I'm not sure what's changed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024