Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil & Watson have spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting 09:40 - Feb 26 with 4948 viewsElderGrizzly

Appears we are stuck for a while longer...

Asked how their meeting had gone, Lambert - speaking ahead of tomorrow's home clash with Doncaster Rovers - said: "It was just what it is. Unfortunately for you guys these talks are not as interesting as what you might think they are. Marcus had his say, I had my say. Yeah... They're not interesting at all."

*Edited for loyalty*
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 10:29]
Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 10:21 - Feb 26 with 1331 viewsSitfcB

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 09:42 - Feb 26 by SitfcB

Ahem.

Can you wait for Phil to get his story up please.

Lambert on Evans Meeting: It’s Not Interesting, I’ve Got My Opinion and He’s Got His 26th Feb 2021 10:15
Boss Paul Lambert has confirmed that he held his planned meeting with owner Marcus Evans yesterday but kept tight-lipped regarding what they discussed, saying only that each of them had their opinions and insisting what was talked about wasn’t interesting. 58

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 10:24 - Feb 26 with 1320 viewsN2_Blue

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 10:01 - Feb 26 by SamWhiteUK

Yeah, stupid weren't we, that we didn't believe one random forum poster any more than the rest. We'll make sure we give you the respect you deserve next time, don't worry, I'll make a little note here

angsty reply!?

I'm just stating what i've believed and my opinion. Not telling anyone I'm more right or that others who believe differently are stupid.

Very odd

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 10:30 - Feb 26 with 1278 viewsSamWhiteUK

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 10:24 - Feb 26 by N2_Blue

angsty reply!?

I'm just stating what i've believed and my opinion. Not telling anyone I'm more right or that others who believe differently are stupid.

Very odd

Nope, you wrote it as if we're supposed to believe you. If that's not what you meant, I apologise, but you should be clearer
Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 10:40 - Feb 26 with 1230 viewsN2_Blue

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 10:30 - Feb 26 by SamWhiteUK

Nope, you wrote it as if we're supposed to believe you. If that's not what you meant, I apologise, but you should be clearer

No worries, i didn't mean it that way but just wanted to point that i believe (and have done for some time) that there is the real possibility that Evans won't remove Lambert before season end.

I may be wrong, but unfortunately i don't think i will be.

Phil & Watson have spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 10:49 - Feb 26 with 1198 viewscooperd5

He's just waiting until any decent replacement manager is employed again
Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 10:50 - Feb 26 with 1194 viewsN2_Blue

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 10:08 - Feb 26 by abracaDOBRA_

Exactly, and I have said the same. Twitter was awfully quiet with all the 'Lambert out' stuff so maybe some knew the same.

If I could have put money on him going this week, I would've put everything on it. I'm not sure what's changed.

Please don’t take up betting!

Phil & Watson have spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 11:07 - Feb 26 with 1136 viewsmonty_radio

So Lambert reports with dour glee that there's nothing to see here. Unless, he was no longer in the building (and therefore understandably silent) what would we expect that the man we've come to know would likely say.

Several people patting themselves on the back here for a response that was intended to reveal absolutely nothing, and did just that.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 11:50 - Feb 26 with 1052 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 09:44 - Feb 26 by SouperJim

I can't say I'm surprised, that's exactly what I thought when one or two started getting excited last week. They regularly have these meetings.

In the same breath, I'd also speculate that it's entirely possible that negotiations on Lambert's contract are ongoing, or Evans has told him he's going but got a few more games out of him while he lines up a replacement. Essentially what he tried to do with McCarthy.

I really hope that he is not left in post like Mick was to run the team while we end up bringing in a last minute replacement after the League Two playoffs or something similar to last time.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Login to get fewer ads

Phil & Watson have spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 12:04 - Feb 26 with 1022 viewsJammyDodgerrr

He's clearly not going until we can't make the play offs or the season is done. It's so clear at this point.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Phil & Watson have spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 12:14 - Feb 26 with 1001 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Phil & Watson have spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 12:04 - Feb 26 by JammyDodgerrr

He's clearly not going until we can't make the play offs or the season is done. It's so clear at this point.

If he can go on national media and attack Evans and stay in post he's safe. Thats not the takeover, thats Evans.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 13:14 - Feb 26 with 944 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 09:56 - Feb 26 by Guthrum

Maybe it was, but Lambert has manged to do just enough, plus talking his way round.

Also, if Evans is deliberately resisting fan pressure ('BCWYWF' and all that), then the social media clamour/expectation may only have made him more determined. More loss of face if he seemingly caves to the crowd.

Quite.

How would it look if Evans sacked Lambert immediately after the flare incident? Evans must know that his credibility is in question. He cannot be seen to cave in again.

Lambert is going nowhere in the near future.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 13:17 - Feb 26 with 931 viewsPJH

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 13:14 - Feb 26 by Tangledupin_Blue

Quite.

How would it look if Evans sacked Lambert immediately after the flare incident? Evans must know that his credibility is in question. He cannot be seen to cave in again.

Lambert is going nowhere in the near future.

Except to Accrington, presumably on Monday.
Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 13:19 - Feb 26 with 923 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Watson has spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 13:17 - Feb 26 by PJH

Except to Accrington, presumably on Monday.

Was about to edit my post...

He'll be going to Accrington... Gillingham... Fleetwood...

Phil & Watson have spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 13:24 - Feb 26 with 877 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Phil & Watson have spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 11:07 - Feb 26 by monty_radio

So Lambert reports with dour glee that there's nothing to see here. Unless, he was no longer in the building (and therefore understandably silent) what would we expect that the man we've come to know would likely say.

Several people patting themselves on the back here for a response that was intended to reveal absolutely nothing, and did just that.

"Dour glee".

Is that a thing?

Phil & Watson have spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 13:46 - Feb 26 with 821 viewsNthQldITFC

Phil & Watson have spoke to Lambert since his Evans meeting on 13:24 - Feb 26 by Tangledupin_Blue

"Dour glee".

Is that a thing?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024