Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... 15:11 - Feb 26 with 2246 viewsJ2BLUE

Holy fook.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:11 - Feb 26 with 1594 viewsReuser_is_God

Is that a good or bad thing? I have no idea.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:12 - Feb 26 with 1590 viewsIllinoisblue

Mental, isn’t it?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:12 - Feb 26 with 1573 viewsKeno

Hopefully it gives us the chance to set the league alight

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:13 - Feb 26 with 1547 viewseireblue

So errrr, Spruce, what do you do for a job over in New York?
An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:13 - Feb 26 with 1543 viewsDeano69

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:12 - Feb 26 by Keno

Hopefully it gives us the chance to set the league alight

It would be criminal if not
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 18:00]

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:14 - Feb 26 with 1515 viewsquirkie

Can't see this happening, probably all just go up in smoke.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 15:15]

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:14 - Feb 26 with 1515 viewsJ2BLUE

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:11 - Feb 26 by Reuser_is_God

Not sure really. Assume they are just providing the funds for a set return from the investors?

Truly impaired.

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:14 - Feb 26 with 1510 viewstextbackup

I read that..... that's some gamble sticking people life savings into us hahahaha

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:15 - Feb 26 with 1494 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:14 - Feb 26 by textbackup

I read that..... that's some gamble sticking people life savings into us hahahaha

Hopefully the investors were sent videos of us from the 1970s rather than modern day!

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:15 - Feb 26 with 1484 viewsSpruceMoose

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:11 - Feb 26 by Reuser_is_God

If I heard Fidelity were investing my retirement funds in ITFC I might not consider it a plus!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:16 - Feb 26 with 1442 viewsKieran_Knows

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:14 - Feb 26 by textbackup

You work 40 years, sticking money in to a pension fund to then find out it's going towards buying a second rate, 3rd division football club in England. You'd be livid.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 15:19]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:16 - Feb 26 with 1435 viewstextbackup

"stop kneeling on peoples throats or we'll put your pension somewhere stupid....."

"we did warn you"
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 15:17]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:17 - Feb 26 with 1396 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:17 - Feb 26 with 1373 viewsSpruceMoose

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:13 - Feb 26 by eireblue

So errrr, Spruce, what do you do for a job over in New York?

10-4 Eireblue. I'm Police Commissioner of Reacharound County in NY. Not heard any rumblings about my pension plan. I'll look into it when I get back from responding to this 10-91b call out.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:18 - Feb 26 with 1343 viewsSteve_M

Some US pension funds are pretty fecked, years of shortfalls coupled with voter pressure for lower taxes to the extent that some cities are on the verge of going bust*.

The Canadian teachers scheme invested in UK energy infrastructure I believe and Calpers, the California one, is massive.

* would need to check where but Michael Lewis was writing about this in Boomerang a decade ago.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:19 - Feb 26 with 1325 viewsSpruceMoose

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:16 - Feb 26 by textbackup

"stop kneeling on peoples throats or we'll put your pension somewhere stupid....."

"we did warn you"
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 15:17]

Oh God. Everyone is going to be protesting against us aren't they?

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:20 - Feb 26 with 1267 viewsElderGrizzly

It means we are indebted to an external party. Which we aren't now.
An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:20 - Feb 26 with 1252 viewsbluelagos

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:14 - Feb 26 by J2BLUE

Not sure really. Assume they are just providing the funds for a set return from the investors?

We'll find out (if it happens) I guess.

But investing in a business (football club) to turn around / sell on - that is the stuff of venture capatalists rather than pension funds ordinarily.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:20 - Feb 26 with 1251 viewsReuser_is_God

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:16 - Feb 26 by Kieran_Knows

You work 40 years, sticking money in to a pension fund to then find out it's going towards buying a second rate, 3rd division football club in England. You'd be livid.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 15:19]

Fck em, only Yanks.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:20 - Feb 26 with 1240 viewsSwansea_Blue

Somewhere in the Archant* offices, the layout guy (or gal) is having an organsm at the opportunity to use their collection of fire engine pics.

*If Archant is still a thing

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:21 - Feb 26 with 1226 viewsPrideOfTheEast

It's completely standard private equity model. This will be a tiny percentage of the pension fund as part of a much wider portfolio.

It does mean though that there is pressure on the head of the fund to deliver results. That pressure was never on Marcus as it was all on him.
An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:22 - Feb 26 with 1207 viewsJermynblue

Initial thought is that this would not be a great source of funding if we are looking at long term stability. Evans made a lot of mistakes, but one thing you cannot criticise Evans for is that he set a budget every year for each manager to operate within and injected cash into the club annually to ensure it could meet its financial liabilities. A US state pension fund will not be intending to do the same and therefore if things go wrong they are more likely to walk away and leave us in real trouble financially as they will have a duty to the members of the pension fund to manage the fund sensibly. Whereas under Evans it was solely his decision to continue to fund us and to his credit he always did so - perhaps not spending the millions that other owners have done but injecting cash nonetheless.
An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:22 - Feb 26 with 1186 viewsSpruceMoose

All speculation obviously, but i'll be interesting to see if we get any more details on the financing.

I'm assuming this is just to cover the purchase of the club. I'd like to know more about where the money to run the club on a daily basis, fund transfers, infrastructure etc. is coming from.

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:24 - Feb 26 with 1142 viewsJ2BLUE

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:22 - Feb 26 by SpruceMoose

All speculation obviously, but i'll be interesting to see if we get any more details on the financing.

I'm assuming this is just to cover the purchase of the club. I'd like to know more about where the money to run the club on a daily basis, fund transfers, infrastructure etc. is coming from.

Maybe they've got the loan from the pension for some dirt cheap interest rate and the pension fund can't afford to gamble so they've taken the deal. Then the actual investment in all that will come from the consortium?

Purely speculating obviously.

Truly impaired.

An unnamed state's fire and police pension fund... on 15:26 - Feb 26 with 1108 viewsN2_Blue

sounds very odd.

If i was one of those individuals due to retire with funds from that pension i would not be happy at all. Football clubs do not generally make money but haemorrhage it, so surely the likelihood is that pension fund is fooked.

Just does not sound right to me

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024