Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does nobody worry this could be sh1t or bust? 15:42 - Feb 26 with 2206 viewsCoastalblue

If this takeover goes through I mean? I know Evans is reviled on here by some and I'm very aware we've been drifting ever downward for the last decade but I've also always been confident that the Club will be here next year.

Do people not worry we could end up financially fecked and a Championship basket case within 2 or 3 years if things don't go to plan? I know there's an alternative reality, that we have the right decisions made for us and end up in the Prem, but surely people must be at least a little worried about the future now?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Does nobody worry this could be sh1t or bust? on 15:44 - Feb 26 with 1709 viewsN2_Blue

yes, i've just written as much on another thread.

Think we could be in more of a precarious position than ever before unless we get success...and that is a huge if/risk/gamble.

This group can't cut their losses looking at where the money is coming from.

Quite worried to be honest....anything but excited.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Does nobody worry this could be sh1t or bust? on 15:46 - Feb 26 with 1678 viewsIllinoisblue

We’re dead already so what is there to lose?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Does nobody worry this could be sh1t or bust? on 15:46 - Feb 26 with 1680 viewsBlueWorldOrder

If we get back into the Championship at just the basic level, a club like Ipswich could sell for 30mil especially with the fans back so they'd have doubled their money assuming we get promoted this year and they only spent a little more on players.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Does nobody worry this could be sh1t or bust? on 15:50 - Feb 26 with 1638 viewsbluefunk

while it could be bust (they could load us with debt and charge a fortune in interest, securitise season ticket monies for the next 10 years etc etc ) they also have a problem doing that as in that there aren't massive assets to use, and thus put at risk. Also, they do have experience in running a football club, and, if the Athletic are to be believed, doing it succesfully and with ambition.

We have been in a slow decline, death by a thousand cuts for 10 years. at least we might get out of that now
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 15:52]
Does nobody worry this could be sh1t or bust? on 15:51 - Feb 26 with 1628 viewsRegencyBlue

We were going nowhere under Evans, except probably Division 4 if the relentless decline continued and there was no sign of it not.

If this consortium brings in the right people to run the club, on and off the pitch, it has to be an improvement because that is something Evans never did.

It’s a risk but seems like the best option now.
Does nobody worry this could be sh1t or bust? on 15:52 - Feb 26 with 1602 viewsm14_blue

Definitely.

We were dying anyway though, death by a thousand cuts under the current regime.
Does nobody worry this could be sh1t or bust? on 15:53 - Feb 26 with 1570 viewsjudespiveyg

It's like having a 17 in blackjack, you know you likely won't win if you stick but if you twist there's a very good chance you go bust.

Not really sure if the news excites me.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Does nobody worry this could be sh1t or bust? on 15:53 - Feb 26 with 1566 viewsJ2BLUE

We have the same risk with every takeover though. What can we do about it?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Does nobody worry this could be sh1t or bust? on 15:54 - Feb 26 with 1563 viewsSwansea_Blue

Does nobody worry this could be sh1t or bust? on 15:44 - Feb 26 by N2_Blue

yes, i've just written as much on another thread.

Think we could be in more of a precarious position than ever before unless we get success...and that is a huge if/risk/gamble.

This group can't cut their losses looking at where the money is coming from.

Quite worried to be honest....anything but excited.

It's certainly a risk. We're swapping financial stability for the hope of better decisions.

And let's not forget that the person who's found these owners is the same person who's been picking our managers.

We need a change. Whether this new lot will be any good is another question.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Does nobody worry this could be sh1t or bust? on 15:54 - Feb 26 with 1565 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Does nobody worry this could be sh1t or bust? on 15:46 - Feb 26 by Illinoisblue

We’re dead already so what is there to lose?

Just the whole of the club.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Yep, but what else is there for us? on 15:54 - Feb 26 with 1564 viewsDyland

This here...

TWTD understands that much of the cash will come from the pension fund for the fire and police services of a so-far unnamed US state.

Makes me lol, not in a good way. But in the absence of a Town fan billionaire, this is where we're at. Evans needs to get rid, and he will sell to whoever.

Personally I think the whole thing stinks, but hey ho, it's intolerable following Town atm anyway and has been for some time. If this is just another step towards oblivion, so be it. Football is fooked anyway.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Does nobody worry this could be sh1t or bust? on 15:55 - Feb 26 with 1545 viewsPlums

For all his faults, Evans has always said he would only sell to a buyer who convinced him of their long term plans for the club. We have to take him at his word - he presumably could have sold us many times over long before he was £100m in the hole.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Does nobody worry this could be sh1t or bust? on 15:56 - Feb 26 with 1534 viewsDyland

Does nobody worry this could be sh1t or bust? on 15:55 - Feb 26 by Plums

For all his faults, Evans has always said he would only sell to a buyer who convinced him of their long term plans for the club. We have to take him at his word - he presumably could have sold us many times over long before he was £100m in the hole.

I think that is utter horse tbh...!

Does nobody worry this could be sh1t or bust? on 15:58 - Feb 26 with 1509 viewsChurchman

Just because the machine was registering a pulse doesn’t mean we weren’t just about dead already. What do people think the outcome would have been if we’d continued as we are? League 2 next then what? One thing is for sure unless something dramatic had occurred we’d be going the way of Bury.

If this goes pear shaped, at least there will have been some attempt to revive the club. I’ve always believed that even if we’d gone bust a new club would have been formed because there is demand for a sizeable club in this part of the world.

For the moment, fingers crossed for a new start - without useless Lambert and a lot of the dross cluttering up the club.
Yep, but what else is there for us? on 15:59 - Feb 26 with 1494 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Yep, but what else is there for us? on 15:54 - Feb 26 by Dyland

This here...

TWTD understands that much of the cash will come from the pension fund for the fire and police services of a so-far unnamed US state.

Makes me lol, not in a good way. But in the absence of a Town fan billionaire, this is where we're at. Evans needs to get rid, and he will sell to whoever.

Personally I think the whole thing stinks, but hey ho, it's intolerable following Town atm anyway and has been for some time. If this is just another step towards oblivion, so be it. Football is fooked anyway.

It's literally a fire sale....we will likely get burned!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Does nobody worry this could be sh1t or bust? on 16:00 - Feb 26 with 1482 viewsPlums

Does nobody worry this could be sh1t or bust? on 15:56 - Feb 26 by Dyland

I think that is utter horse tbh...!

You are of course entitled to your opinion.
Evans has reiterated this in the rare interviews that he has done over the years.

However, I share your concern. Until we see who’s in the driving seat and what the plan is, it’s all jam tomorrow.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 16:02]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Does nobody worry this could be sh1t or bust? on 16:00 - Feb 26 with 1472 viewsReuser_is_God

We’re already bust.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Yep, but what else is there for us? on 16:00 - Feb 26 with 1471 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

This here...

I love that you make me feel like a cheery optimist.....ish!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Yep, but what else is there for us? on 16:01 - Feb 26 with 1467 viewsN2_Blue

This here...

Pretty much exactly how I feel

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Does nobody worry this could be sh1t or bust? on 16:02 - Feb 26 with 1449 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Does nobody worry this could be sh1t or bust? on 16:03 - Feb 26 with 1447 viewsDyland

Does nobody worry this could be sh1t or bust? on 16:00 - Feb 26 by Plums

You are of course entitled to your opinion.
Evans has reiterated this in the rare interviews that he has done over the years.

However, I share your concern. Until we see who’s in the driving seat and what the plan is, it’s all jam tomorrow.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 16:02]

He has. And maybe he has said so with the best of intentions. Needs must though innit.

Does nobody worry this could be sh1t or bust? on 16:04 - Feb 26 with 1439 viewsSteve_M

Oh, there's a definite risk here and anyone starry-eyed hasn't been paying attention here or in the wider footballing world over the last decade or two.

ITFC under Evans is moribund though, already looking at a third season at this level and 15th place in the Championship looking a long way off these days. I'm not sure how else anything changes.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Does nobody worry this could be sh1t or bust? on 16:16 - Feb 26 with 1382 viewsJon_456

Does nobody worry this could be sh1t or bust? on 15:46 - Feb 26 by BlueWorldOrder

If we get back into the Championship at just the basic level, a club like Ipswich could sell for 30mil especially with the fans back so they'd have doubled their money assuming we get promoted this year and they only spent a little more on players.

That doesn't answer the question. Just because the club is worth more doesn't mean we have more money to cover costs and thats assuming we're successful in gaining promotion.

And if the best case happens, we gain promotion and they sell us, we're then being put at risk with another owner who could be another Ken Anderson type.
Does nobody worry this could be sh1t or bust? on 16:35 - Feb 26 with 1343 viewsGeoffSentence

Nope. The backing of a pension fund is about as solid as it gets.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Does nobody worry this could be sh1t or bust? on 16:44 - Feb 26 with 1303 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I'm as worried about this as I was as Evans leading us into the non league. Yes, we're in uncharted waters, but at least there's some hope on the horizon.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024