Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
''No one will buy us'' etc. 18:35 - Feb 26 with 3159 viewsistanblue

Just a reminder that there were people who kept claiming ''no one would buy ITFC'' for various reasons (too much debt, don't own enough assets, league 1 club, not a big city, too expensive to run etc.) Just goes to show that all those people constantly talking the club down were talking utter sh!te.
''No one will buy us'' etc. on 18:52 - Feb 26 with 2423 viewschicoazul

There is always a buyer out there for anything as long as the price is right.
I think Evans is selling for the same amount he bought it for, the poor bastard. All that money down the drain. Wasn’t that Sheepshanks’ clause in the sale to him in the first place?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

''No one will buy us'' etc. on 19:00 - Feb 26 with 2395 viewsMattinLondon

And I was one of those people - and you know what - based on the evidence at the time I don’t regret being wrong.

I’m happy to be wrong, say I was wrong and Will more than gladly eat humble pie.
''No one will buy us'' etc. on 19:06 - Feb 26 with 2371 viewsHARRY10

so we have been bought ?

do tell us all when that happened
''No one will buy us'' etc. on 19:07 - Feb 26 with 2352 viewsitfctilidie

no need to be a jackass
''No one will buy us'' etc. on 19:07 - Feb 26 with 2337 viewsStokieBlue

One of those statements is still true though, they are buying a club without debt, a massive difference.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

''No one will buy us'' etc. on 19:08 - Feb 26 with 2346 viewsdirtyboy

I may have not seen any value in itfc to a potential investor but having too much debt was never one of them.
''No one will buy us'' etc. on 19:09 - Feb 26 with 2332 viewsgtsb1966

''No one will buy us'' etc. on 19:06 - Feb 26 by HARRY10

so we have been bought ?

Lambert is going.....just like you said he was.
''No one will buy us'' etc. on 19:14 - Feb 26 with 2310 viewsHARRY10

''No one will buy us'' etc. on 19:09 - Feb 26 by gtsb1966

Lambert is going.....just like you said he was.

aha, I see

the club has already been sold

I must have missed that
Login to get fewer ads

''No one will buy us'' etc. on 19:15 - Feb 26 with 2299 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

''No one will buy us'' etc. on 19:16 - Feb 26 with 2285 viewsgtsb1966

''No one will buy us'' etc. on 19:14 - Feb 26 by HARRY10

aha, I see

the club has already been sold

I must have missed that

I never said that. I said Lambert is going. Are you still as confident he's staying for a while ?
''No one will buy us'' etc. on 19:22 - Feb 26 with 2267 viewsBlueBadger

so we have been bought ?

You must be gutted. Lambert's getting the sack.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

''No one will buy us'' etc. on 22:19 - Feb 26 with 2185 viewsDerryfromBury

No one has yet
''No one will buy us'' etc. on 22:26 - Feb 26 with 2140 viewsSpruceMoose

''No one will buy us'' etc. on 19:15 - Feb 26 by BryanPlug

That's not really true. It was the treatment of randos on Twitter and doctored Whatsapp messages as gospel that was raising eyebrows.

No serious poster ever said that the club being sold was an impossibility (unless I missed it!)
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 22:27]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

''No one will buy us'' etc. on 08:25 - Feb 27 with 2003 viewsBlueNomad

Let’s wait. It’s a bit like a house sale. It could fall through at any stage.
''No one will buy us'' etc. on 08:33 - Feb 27 with 1965 viewsblueconscience

''No one will buy us'' etc. on 18:52 - Feb 26 by chicoazul

There is always a buyer out there for anything as long as the price is right.
I think Evans is selling for the same amount he bought it for, the poor bastard. All that money down the drain. Wasn’t that Sheepshanks’ clause in the sale to him in the first place?

I bet the “poor bastard” wishes he spent the extra required for key players we needed when competing around the play off spots in the championship. Instead he chose cheap and that is why we are where we are.

No ones fault, but his own.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

''No one will buy us'' etc. on 08:40 - Feb 27 with 1939 viewsChurchman

''No one will buy us'' etc. on 22:26 - Feb 26 by SpruceMoose

That's not really true. It was the treatment of randos on Twitter and doctored Whatsapp messages as gospel that was raising eyebrows.

No serious poster ever said that the club being sold was an impossibility (unless I missed it!)

Hand up, I didn’t think it would happen. I never thought it impossible but with the rate of decline, the level of decay, mess, destroyed reputation etc, I couldn’t see how anyone would want the club unless Evans wrote off the debt.

As a glass half empty merchant I’ll believe it if and when it’s done but I’m crossing my fingers that they will be taken over.
''No one will buy us'' etc. on 08:47 - Feb 27 with 1915 viewsCheltenham_Blue

''No one will buy us'' etc. on 08:33 - Feb 27 by blueconscience

I bet the “poor bastard” wishes he spent the extra required for key players we needed when competing around the play off spots in the championship. Instead he chose cheap and that is why we are where we are.

No ones fault, but his own.

This will be Evan's legacy. A man who bought a club knowing nothing about football. He lurched from sanctioning the purchase of Lee Martin for £1.5million, (remember, by todays standards, thats about £2.5million) to selling Connor Wickham and not reinvesting the cash.

If anyone tells me loan players we paid the wages of on the back of it are an investment, I'll sh it.

To NOT funding MM at a point we had a chance of promotion.

Evans made repeated errors time after time after time after time, and refused to admit it. That will be his legacy.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

''No one will buy us'' etc. on 08:57 - Feb 27 with 1856 viewsPinewoodblue

If this is all true suspect that in reality they will buy the club but not use their own money. Instead of the club being in debt to Marcus Evans it will be in debt to some US pension fund .

It is possible in a few years time we will wish Marcus Evans was still owner.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

''No one will buy us'' etc. on 09:02 - Feb 27 with 1832 viewsBryanPlug

''No one will buy us'' etc. on 08:57 - Feb 27 by Pinewoodblue

If this is all true suspect that in reality they will buy the club but not use their own money. Instead of the club being in debt to Marcus Evans it will be in debt to some US pension fund .

It is possible in a few years time we will wish Marcus Evans was still owner.

''No one will buy us'' etc. on 09:05 - Feb 27 with 1812 viewsArnieM

{ raises hand slowly and asks}.... are we therefore all ignoring the club’s statement yesterday then and still waiting for this supposed take over to happen ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

''No one will buy us'' etc. on 09:06 - Feb 27 with 1799 viewsStokieBlue

''No one will buy us'' etc. on 09:05 - Feb 27 by ArnieM

{ raises hand slowly and asks}.... are we therefore all ignoring the club’s statement yesterday then and still waiting for this supposed take over to happen ?

The statement that said "not looking to sell" but "will speak to any investors".

It couldn't have been further on the fence if they tried. They are obviously not going to say it's done until it's done though.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

''No one will buy us'' etc. on 09:08 - Feb 27 with 1793 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

''No one will buy us'' etc. on 22:26 - Feb 26 by SpruceMoose

It was said in this thread. Which you were in, and mocked me being annoyed about people saying things were definitely not happening;

If there really is talk of a takeover by hype313 23 Feb 2021 8:08
And I'm still quite skeptical, but I do wonder if it is true talks has been accelerated since the announcement of the scrapping of salary cap.

I'm probably talking absolute nonsense, but a theory nonetheless.

mattinlondon;
Page 1: "Unfortunately no takeover is in the planning be it advanced or in its early stages."

Page 3: "It’s not happening. Definitely not."

haynes_toe1;
Page 3: "There is no takeover happening. If people could just think with a really basic level of logic they'd realise this. It's not happening."

Page 6: "Why are you acting like a 12 year old who's had too much sugar in the morning about a takeover that quite clearly doesn't exist?"

bloots;
Page.5: "the amount of bedwetting from grown adults over this is funny."

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

''No one will buy us'' etc. on 09:10 - Feb 27 with 1770 viewsBryanPlug

''No one will buy us'' etc. on 09:05 - Feb 27 by ArnieM

''No one will buy us'' etc. on 09:11 - Feb 27 with 1764 viewsStewart27

so we have been bought ?

Has your counter offer been rejected?
''No one will buy us'' etc. on 09:11 - Feb 27 with 1764 viewsBryanPlug

''No one will buy us'' etc. on 09:08 - Feb 27 by The_Flashing_Smile

It was said in this thread. Which you were in, and mocked me being annoyed about people saying things were definitely not happening;

If there really is talk of a takeover by hype313 23 Feb 2021 8:08
And I'm still quite skeptical, but I do wonder if it is true talks has been accelerated since the announcement of the scrapping of salary cap.

I'm probably talking absolute nonsense, but a theory nonetheless.

mattinlondon;
Page 1: "Unfortunately no takeover is in the planning be it advanced or in its early stages."

Page 3: "It’s not happening. Definitely not."

haynes_toe1;
Page 3: "There is no takeover happening. If people could just think with a really basic level of logic they'd realise this. It's not happening."

Page 6: "Why are you acting like a 12 year old who's had too much sugar in the morning about a takeover that quite clearly doesn't exist?"

bloots;
Page.5: "the amount of bedwetting from grown adults over this is funny."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024