Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How rich are the new owners? 20:01 - Feb 26 with 5714 viewssuffolkpoker

I assume more rich than ME?

are we talking mega rich like marque signings / ipswich Galácticos?
Or will they Chuck a few mill in and then just charge us a ton of interest?

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

How rich are the new owners? on 20:02 - Feb 26 with 3840 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Not rich in football club owners terms.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 20:03]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

How rich are the new owners? on 20:03 - Feb 26 with 3822 viewsnodge_blue

So rich they need a bond loan to buy the club

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

How rich are the new owners? on 20:03 - Feb 26 with 3831 viewsElderGrizzly

Nowhere near Evans personally. They aren't investing their own money.

They've also said they are buying us to flip and re-sell for a profit. This is going to be the opposite of a Sugar-Daddy approach.
How rich are the new owners? on 20:04 - Feb 26 with 3780 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Theoretically I would think much richer but it's not really the same thing with a pension fund. They will have a set amount they are able to invest and won't be able to easily add more if things aren't working out. That said if we get promotion and are looking likely to get to the prem you could imagine them being able to increase the investment to realise potential value in the club.

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

How rich are the new owners? on 20:04 - Feb 26 with 3773 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

How rich are the new owners? on 20:05 - Feb 26 with 3751 viewsSwansea_Blue

How rich are the new owners? on 20:03 - Feb 26 by ElderGrizzly

They've also said they are buying us to flip and re-sell for a profit. This is going to be the opposite of a Sugar-Daddy approach.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing as long as they get it right. But yes, people can leave the 'loads of money' gestures at home.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How rich are the new owners? on 20:06 - Feb 26 with 3731 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

How rich are the new owners? on 20:03 - Feb 26 by ElderGrizzly

More the Coventry City model.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

How rich are the new owners? on 20:10 - Feb 26 with 3669 viewssuffolkpoker

How rich are the new owners? on 20:02 - Feb 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

Not rich in football club owners terms.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 20:03]

Rich in league 1 terms or Champ level?

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Login to get fewer ads

How rich are the new owners? on 20:10 - Feb 26 with 3661 viewsMattinLondon

How rich are the new owners? on 20:05 - Feb 26 by Swansea_Blue

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing as long as they get it right. But yes, people can leave the 'loads of money' gestures at home.

So, we’re not going to spend £100 million getting out of L1, £500 million to win the championship and £2 billion on winning the Premier League and champions league?
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 20:11]
How rich are the new owners? on 20:12 - Feb 26 with 3613 viewshype313

How rich are the new owners? on 20:03 - Feb 26 by nodge_blue

From your postings, it sounds like you're not overly enamored by today's news.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

How rich are the new owners? on 20:13 - Feb 26 with 3604 viewsthebooks

As other posters note, it’s not about how “rich” any owner is (unless they’re trying to launder a vast oil or gangster fortune). It’s what they can raise and what that’s borrowed against; or rather, what they’re trying to achieve and how they’re trying to do that.

How we do may or may not be a secondary consideration — if we fail I expect it’ll be the club that suffers, not any new owners.

So if they can raise a wodge of cash there will presumably be signings. I don’t think we’ll need any until when get into the Championship, although we’ll at least be able get rid of Lambert and get someone (hopefully) good in.
How rich are the new owners? on 20:18 - Feb 26 with 3552 viewsJakeITFC

How rich are the new owners? on 20:04 - Feb 26 by Charlie_pl_baxter

Theoretically I would think much richer but it's not really the same thing with a pension fund. They will have a set amount they are able to invest and won't be able to easily add more if things aren't working out. That said if we get promotion and are looking likely to get to the prem you could imagine them being able to increase the investment to realise potential value in the club.

I wouldn’t worry about the pension fund bit - the new owners will just be raising capital from a number of different sources.

The key is whether they can accelerate our growth as a football club quickly enough to satisfy the terms of the funding they’ve raised. In that respect, a pension fund is probably a good place for the money to come from as they won’t be after crippling interest or get rich quick returns.

Ultimately that’s the key thing here - can we get promoted and increase revenue streams within the timescales of any initial capital constraints from this funding round to either allow for us to pay off the debt and remain solvent and sustainable, be suitable for further capital investment/refinancing of debt or potentially be sold for a profit.
How rich are the new owners? on 20:21 - Feb 26 with 3536 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

How rich are the new owners? on 20:03 - Feb 26 by nodge_blue

Nope, Evans is likely worth more.

A few senior fund managers have had a whip round. American clubs are too expensive these days. Wrexham, Wycombe and Ipswich are the new financial derivatives for a bit of a side hustle. Still they can’t do any worse than the mess of the last 13/14 years.
How rich are the new owners? on 20:23 - Feb 26 with 3496 viewsnodge_blue

How rich are the new owners? on 20:12 - Feb 26 by hype313

From your postings, it sounds like you're not overly enamored by today's news.

I was quite excited about the prospect of a new owner. I think Evans has had his time and probably wants out.

But I don't like consortiums very much as they seem a bit generic and who is running the show. I don't like that its pension fund money. That seems to ask all sorts of question about what happens if the initial lump of money doesn't get the club to where they want.

Do these people really care about ITFC?

We need owners that have some heart for the club.

Maybe wishing for the Cobbolds is way out of date. But being owned by an American consortium backed by pension fund money which will demand a return however thats achieved just isn't making me excited.

But having said all that, at least its a change. And it opens up the possibility that it may work.

How rich are the new owners? on 20:25 - Feb 26 with 3469 viewsElderGrizzly

How rich are the new owners? on 20:10 - Feb 26 by MattinLondon

So, we’re not going to spend £100 million getting out of L1, £500 million to win the championship and £2 billion on winning the Premier League and champions league?
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 20:11]

Booooooooooooooooo
Doesn't matter on 20:26 - Feb 26 with 3449 viewsScottCandage

How rich are the new owners? on 20:13 - Feb 26 by thebooks

As other posters note, it’s not about how “rich” any owner is (unless they’re trying to launder a vast oil or gangster fortune). It’s what they can raise and what that’s borrowed against; or rather, what they’re trying to achieve and how they’re trying to do that.

How we do may or may not be a secondary consideration — if we fail I expect it’ll be the club that suffers, not any new owners.

So if they can raise a wodge of cash there will presumably be signings. I don’t think we’ll need any until when get into the Championship, although we’ll at least be able get rid of Lambert and get someone (hopefully) good in.

All they need is enough money, not all the money.
How rich are the new owners? on 20:26 - Feb 26 with 3446 viewsElderGrizzly

How rich are the new owners? on 20:23 - Feb 26 by nodge_blue

I was quite excited about the prospect of a new owner. I think Evans has had his time and probably wants out.

But I don't like consortiums very much as they seem a bit generic and who is running the show. I don't like that its pension fund money. That seems to ask all sorts of question about what happens if the initial lump of money doesn't get the club to where they want.

Maybe wishing for the Cobbolds is way out of date. But being owned by an American consortium backed by pension fund money which will demand a return however thats achieved just isn't making me excited.

But having said all that, at least its a change. And it opens up the possibility that it may work.

No, they won’t care about ITFC, history or anything like that.

They are here to make money and get out. At least they are honest.

But they only make any real returns if we are successful, so that is good.
How rich are the new owners? on 20:29 - Feb 26 with 3414 viewshype313

Yeah, I'm in agreement with you, if there are other interested parties maybe we should take our time to explore all opportunities, more pressing is removing Lambert.

How rich are the new owners? on 20:30 - Feb 26 with 3398 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Why are you worried about pension funds? Those involved in the takeover manage other people’s money to get a return on investment. Their interest will be money motivated. That is obviously linked to the success of the club. Do you really care if they are all logging onto iFollow from Southern California? Who else has been knocking on Evans door with an offer?
How rich are the new owners? on 20:35 - Feb 26 with 3349 viewsnodge_blue

How rich are the new owners? on 20:26 - Feb 26 by ElderGrizzly

No, they won’t care about ITFC, history or anything like that.

They are here to make money and get out. At least they are honest.

But they only make any real returns if we are successful, so that is good.

Football clubs don't have a very good track record of making owners money.

Frankly I will be amazed if they make us such a success that they walk away with a profit worth their while.

That would probably mean being a premiership club.

How rich are the new owners? on 20:37 - Feb 26 with 3327 viewsMartw

How rich are the new owners? on 20:06 - Feb 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

More the Coventry City model.

Cov fan living down here and long time lurker on the site... It does sound horribly like the model Sisu tried to implement. At first they bought young players with a view to building them up and selling for a profit. Also of course was the aim to get promoted to the Premier League and then sell which sounds just like this plan of your new hoped for owners. The credit crunch screwed us, the owners got cold feet and we did a fire sale of players and didn't reinvest. From there it was hell on earth with two relegations, countless managers and of course playing in Northampton! We finally turned a corner with the checkatrade win and the reappointment of a management team who were finally in a small way supported in the transfer market. Whilst our owners have learnt lessons albeit we are in bloody Birmingham they remain despised by the overwhelming majority of us Sky Blues fans.. I hope to goodness your new owners are more responsible and sensibly support Cook if true with good young talent that can get you promoted bu then also see you steady the ship in the Championship before aiming higher. I really hope it all works out for you.....
How rich are the new owners? on 20:48 - Feb 26 with 3238 viewshype313

How rich are the new owners? on 20:37 - Feb 26 by Martw

Cov fan living down here and long time lurker on the site... It does sound horribly like the model Sisu tried to implement. At first they bought young players with a view to building them up and selling for a profit. Also of course was the aim to get promoted to the Premier League and then sell which sounds just like this plan of your new hoped for owners. The credit crunch screwed us, the owners got cold feet and we did a fire sale of players and didn't reinvest. From there it was hell on earth with two relegations, countless managers and of course playing in Northampton! We finally turned a corner with the checkatrade win and the reappointment of a management team who were finally in a small way supported in the transfer market. Whilst our owners have learnt lessons albeit we are in bloody Birmingham they remain despised by the overwhelming majority of us Sky Blues fans.. I hope to goodness your new owners are more responsible and sensibly support Cook if true with good young talent that can get you promoted bu then also see you steady the ship in the Championship before aiming higher. I really hope it all works out for you.....

Cheers, and hope things continue to improve for you, what's happened has been horrific.

Still remember Keith Houchen's diving header at the cup final!

How rich are the new owners? on 20:54 - Feb 26 with 3171 viewsnodge_blue

How rich are the new owners? on 20:30 - Feb 26 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Why are you worried about pension funds? Those involved in the takeover manage other people’s money to get a return on investment. Their interest will be money motivated. That is obviously linked to the success of the club. Do you really care if they are all logging onto iFollow from Southern California? Who else has been knocking on Evans door with an offer?

Whatever we currently think of Evans, when he initially bought us he said here's a lump of money to be a success and if that doesn't work I'll put in some more. And by the way the debt is all owned by me. So end of the day I only make money if the club is a success.

Versus

Heres a pension fund lump of money. That money will be repaid WHATEVER plus interest.

I don't know, but it feels like the asking price of the club 27mil? Will be funded by the loan. So now we really are 27 mil in debt that has to be repaid?
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 20:58]

How rich are the new owners? on 20:58 - Feb 26 with 3133 viewsPrideOfTheEast

It’s effectively all the things those less informed have (incorrectly) claimed Evans was doing (charging interest, taking money out etc) but they will be very open in doing so.

The plus is that they’ll be solely focused on financial return. You only get that in football if you’re at the top level. They will give themselves the best possible chance of achieving that and do things that Evans hasn’t - appointing and empowering football people for example.

The risk is obviously we go nowhere and the tap is turned off. That was never going to happen with Evans but he was happy spending 6m a year to sit in the Championship.

We wait to hear the detail but make no mistake, it’s a massive gamble if the club doesn’t have protection.
How rich are the new owners? on 20:59 - Feb 26 with 3117 viewshype313

How rich are the new owners? on 20:54 - Feb 26 by nodge_blue

Whatever we currently think of Evans, when he initially bought us he said here's a lump of money to be a success and if that doesn't work I'll put in some more. And by the way the debt is all owned by me. So end of the day I only make money if the club is a success.

Versus

Heres a pension fund lump of money. That money will be repaid WHATEVER plus interest.

I don't know, but it feels like the asking price of the club 27mil? Will be funded by the loan. So now we really are 27 mil in debt that has to be repaid?
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 20:58]

But doesn't Evans charge us interest on the loans? And charges us rent for Playford Road.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024