Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” 23:01 - Feb 26 with 1898 viewsIllinoisblue

Amidst today’s fireworks be remiss not to mention the 29th anniversary of “pick that one oot”. What a night.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 23:07 - Feb 26 with 1620 viewsChurchman

Thanks for posting that. We went bananas. What I love about that is you can see the crowd rising as the ball swings over. It was one of those where you see Johnson coming in and know what’s going to happen.

Then mayhem!
“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 23:11 - Feb 26 with 1578 viewsMach_foreignBlue

My most favourite ITFC defeat no matter how strange it sounds.

1992. Had been a teenager whilst growing up in Poland. I went absolutely mad when watching this goal on telly. That header and seeing masses of Town fans celebrating behind the Grobbelaar's goal. I'd been shouting : 'I f**king love this club, I knew this was always going to be my club'.

My mother shouted at me for disturbing the neighbours' peace
“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 23:11 - Feb 26 with 1588 viewsgainsboroughblue

29 years! Bloody hell.

If you were to flip it. If we were in 1991, we would be saying it's 29 years since we won the league. Just to make us feel that little bit older.

What a night though. I probably drank a bit too much to take everything about that night in but the Johnson header was probably the craziest I have gone at a Town goal. And I did all the play-off games in 2000.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 23:15 - Feb 26 with 1564 viewsIllinoisblue

“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 23:07 - Feb 26 by Churchman

Thanks for posting that. We went bananas. What I love about that is you can see the crowd rising as the ball swings over. It was one of those where you see Johnson coming in and know what’s going to happen.

Then mayhem!

It sends a shiver down my spine, even now. Never felt so happy after a defeat. Knew then we were going up.

62 - 78 - 81

“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 23:17 - Feb 26 with 1551 viewsLord_Lucan

“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 23:11 - Feb 26 by gainsboroughblue

29 years! Bloody hell.

If you were to flip it. If we were in 1991, we would be saying it's 29 years since we won the league. Just to make us feel that little bit older.

What a night though. I probably drank a bit too much to take everything about that night in but the Johnson header was probably the craziest I have gone at a Town goal. And I did all the play-off games in 2000.

I watched that in The Gainsborough pub funnily enough.

I'm not sure why I didn't go actually as all our lot went up in a couple of transits.

I think RKD might have had a touch of colic at the time.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 23:18 - Feb 26 with 1538 viewsIllinoisblue

“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 23:11 - Feb 26 by gainsboroughblue

29 years! Bloody hell.

Time is a funny thing, isn’t it?

62 - 78 - 81

“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 23:19 - Feb 26 with 1534 viewsSwansea_Blue

Shows how bad we've been when we have to wait 29 years to celebrate a goal

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 23:20 - Feb 26 with 1526 viewsBlueschev

I watched that games at my dads bosses house, as he was the only person with sky. I remember everyone in the room going nuts and thinking what an awesome club I was lucky enough to support. Absolutely loved that season, I still get a glowing feeling when I see that kit! TWTD.
Login to get fewer ads

“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 23:21 - Feb 26 with 1520 viewsgainsboroughblue

“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 23:17 - Feb 26 by Lord_Lucan

I watched that in The Gainsborough pub funnily enough.

I'm not sure why I didn't go actually as all our lot went up in a couple of transits.

I think RKD might have had a touch of colic at the time.

The one on Sandy Hill Lane? I live very close to where that was.

Weird time for me as after all that pain of seeing us to promotion through those Ferguson and Duncan years, I saw a handful of games in the Premier League. I just stopped going. I played in the SIL for a few years before hanging up my boots and by then we were back in the second tier.

“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 23:23 - Feb 26 with 1500 viewsMach_foreignBlue

“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 23:19 - Feb 26 by Swansea_Blue

Shows how bad we've been when we have to wait 29 years to celebrate a goal

There have been far more embarrassing things than this.

That campaign to give Paul Anderson a new contract because hE sCOrEd An eQuAlIsEr aGaInSt nOrWiCh.
“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 23:24 - Feb 26 with 1492 viewsSpruceMoose

“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 23:23 - Feb 26 by Mach_foreignBlue

There have been far more embarrassing things than this.

That campaign to give Paul Anderson a new contract because hE sCOrEd An eQuAlIsEr aGaInSt nOrWiCh.

You're really on one tonight eh?!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 23:24 - Feb 26 with 1494 viewsPlums

What a game, what a night. That goal saw me four rows further forwards, squashed my fags and hugging people I’d never seen before or since.
The classy Kop singing ‘you’ll be back again next year’ was a great finale. I still haven’t forgiven Saunders for that dive though!

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 23:25 - Feb 26 with 1493 viewsLord_Lucan

“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 23:21 - Feb 26 by gainsboroughblue

The one on Sandy Hill Lane? I live very close to where that was.

Weird time for me as after all that pain of seeing us to promotion through those Ferguson and Duncan years, I saw a handful of games in the Premier League. I just stopped going. I played in the SIL for a few years before hanging up my boots and by then we were back in the second tier.

No, sorry!!

I'm talking sh1te.

I used to go in The Gainsborough now and again but I wasn't a fan.

I meant to say The Duke of Gloucester (which was in Gainsborough) which for a few years was my local.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 23:25 - Feb 26 with 1482 viewsMach_foreignBlue

“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 23:24 - Feb 26 by SpruceMoose

You're really on one tonight eh?!

Whats your issue tonight sweetie? I'm voicing my opinion if you don't like it go away then.
“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 23:28 - Feb 26 with 1478 viewsSpruceMoose

“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 23:25 - Feb 26 by Mach_foreignBlue

Whats your issue tonight sweetie? I'm voicing my opinion if you don't like it go away then.

No issue, you just seem to be in multiple threads at 11:30 at night slagging off former posters and players. All a bit unseemly and unnecessary considering the positive news we've enjoyed today. Illy started a good thread to enjoy here but you seem determined to turn it into aggro!

But whatever makes you happy matey.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 23:29]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 23:30 - Feb 26 with 1466 viewsgainsboroughblue

“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 23:25 - Feb 26 by Lord_Lucan

No, sorry!!

I'm talking sh1te.

I used to go in The Gainsborough now and again but I wasn't a fan.

I meant to say The Duke of Gloucester (which was in Gainsborough) which for a few years was my local.

Ah, the Duke. I went in there once for an away pool fixture. We won which wasn't probably the smartest move but in my car, I had the token team gobby sod who rubbed it into the locals and without intervention, could have gone either way. A fair few rowdy venues in our division that year. The Town House, Waveney, 405 club, Safe Harbour among others.

“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 23:34 - Feb 26 with 1448 viewsMach_foreignBlue

“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 23:28 - Feb 26 by SpruceMoose

No issue, you just seem to be in multiple threads at 11:30 at night slagging off former posters and players. All a bit unseemly and unnecessary considering the positive news we've enjoyed today. Illy started a good thread to enjoy here but you seem determined to turn it into aggro!

But whatever makes you happy matey.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 23:29]

Illy has started a good thread indeed and I've only said in my answer to the different poster that there have been far more embarrassing things since then.

But as ever you look for the problem and argument. Take a knee and calm down. Any issues just PM me and don't spoil this thread.
“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 23:43 - Feb 26 with 1427 viewsSpruceMoose

“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 23:34 - Feb 26 by Mach_foreignBlue

Illy has started a good thread indeed and I've only said in my answer to the different poster that there have been far more embarrassing things since then.

But as ever you look for the problem and argument. Take a knee and calm down. Any issues just PM me and don't spoil this thread.

No thanks! The last time you PMd me put me off for life!

Enjoy your weekend Mach. Smile! Today was a good day!

“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 23:45 - Feb 26 with 1396 viewsMach_foreignBlue

“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 23:43 - Feb 26 by SpruceMoose

No thanks! The last time you PMd me put me off for life!

Enjoy your weekend Mach. Smile! Today was a good day!

Today was a good day indeed as it's given me a hope for a better future. Have a good weekend too.
“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 02:10 - Feb 27 with 1255 viewsIllinoisblue

“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 23:24 - Feb 26 by Plums

What a game, what a night. That goal saw me four rows further forwards, squashed my fags and hugging people I’d never seen before or since.
The classy Kop singing ‘you’ll be back again next year’ was a great finale. I still haven’t forgiven Saunders for that dive though!

Or Molby for stealing about 8 yards on the free kick. The fat Danish pastry

62 - 78 - 81

“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 10:10 - Feb 27 with 1036 viewsSWGF

I believe we're all contractually obliged to mention the cross when referencing that goal

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 10:15 - Feb 27 with 1022 viewsbenrhyddingblue

“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 23:24 - Feb 26 by Plums

Similar experience to me, ended up several rows from where I had been, hugging random people and my shins in tatters from bashing against several rows of seats in front. What a night indeed, despite the loss.
“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 10:41 - Feb 27 with 998 viewsspiderman

“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 23:15 - Feb 26 by Illinoisblue

It sends a shiver down my spine, even now. Never felt so happy after a defeat. Knew then we were going up.

I'm with you on that mate,even 29 years later it still remains my best game I was lucky enough to be at,I just feel really old now and can't believe it was 29 years ago, the worst thing watching back now is yan molby's free kick a great strike,but look where it was taken from 3 yards forward of where the foul was committed,anyway great memories
“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 10:45 - Feb 27 with 984 viewstextbackup

Wasn’t until a year or so ago that I realized we didn’t even win this game, and there’s such a big deal made out of the goal/celebration.
Guess it’s one of those, if you’d have been there moments

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 10:58 - Feb 27 with 964 viewsChurchman

“Gavin Johnson, with a thunderbolt of a header” on 10:45 - Feb 27 by textbackup

Wasn’t until a year or so ago that I realized we didn’t even win this game, and there’s such a big deal made out of the goal/celebration.
Guess it’s one of those, if you’d have been there moments

Yes, it’s a you had to be there moment. Ok it’s not like some of the ‘you had to be there’ great moments for the club that I’ve been lucky to see and people like PJH even more so, but there was something about it.

Like another poster said earlier in the thread, with that second half at Liverpool where we really pushed them back, at that point in time my dad and I knew we’d be promoted that year.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024