Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brett M Johnson 08:59 - Feb 27 with 8235 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Brett M Johnson on 09:33 - Feb 27 with 4460 viewsArnieM

Wow! This man has a vision and is making it happen in a big way in the States isn’t he!! When I’m listening to him , I’m thinking OMG IF he really does buy out Evans , you’re talking the “ potential “ of Town being transformed , because he speaks about “ copy and paste” the build and regeneration project from one city ( place ) to another .... so if he’s looking to bring it to the UK and Lil ole Ipswich Town is the “ overseas project “, my God watch this space !! Hrs not talking about take over if a Club is he, he’d be talking about building a new infrastructure that would regenerate a whole area ( of the town).... a new stadium ?

This type of new owner is exactly what Evans said he’d be looking for . Someone who would match what he currently puts into the club and more .

Guess it’s a case of wait and see ... and pray !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Brett M Johnson on 09:36 - Feb 27 with 4432 viewsBryanPlug

Brett M Johnson on 09:33 - Feb 27 by ArnieM

Wow! This man has a vision and is making it happen in a big way in the States isn’t he!! When I’m listening to him , I’m thinking OMG IF he really does buy out Evans , you’re talking the “ potential “ of Town being transformed , because he speaks about “ copy and paste” the build and regeneration project from one city ( place ) to another .... so if he’s looking to bring it to the UK and Lil ole Ipswich Town is the “ overseas project “, my God watch this space !! Hrs not talking about take over if a Club is he, he’d be talking about building a new infrastructure that would regenerate a whole area ( of the town).... a new stadium ?

This type of new owner is exactly what Evans said he’d be looking for . Someone who would match what he currently puts into the club and more .

[content removed at owner's request]

Brett M Johnson on 09:40 - Feb 27 with 4365 viewsLord_Lucan

Brett M Johnson on 09:33 - Feb 27 by ArnieM

Not sure what's to like about a new stadium. I like our stadium, it is part of me.

I think if we moved I would 100% give it all up.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Brett M Johnson on 09:41 - Feb 27 with 4355 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Scarf sales look like they'll go up. Big fan of a scarf is Brett.

But seriously, I like this guy.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Brett M Johnson on 09:44 - Feb 27 with 4306 viewsBryanPlug

Brett M Johnson on 09:40 - Feb 27 by Lord_Lucan

Not sure what's to like about a new stadium. I like our stadium, it is part of me.

Brett M Johnson on 09:46 - Feb 27 with 4284 viewsLord_Lucan

Brett M Johnson on 09:44 - Feb 27 by BryanPlug

Oh I see, I suppose that is more palatable - although how can we develop the area around it, what area?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Brett M Johnson on 09:49 - Feb 27 with 4251 viewsParisBlue

Brett M Johnson on 09:41 - Feb 27 by Cheltenham_Blue

Scarf sales look like they'll go up. Big fan of a scarf is Brett.

But seriously, I like this guy.

The scarf and the fact he lived in London for 5 years suggests he might understand football (and not soccer) in the UK.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Brett M Johnson on 09:54 - Feb 27 with 4182 viewsnorth_stand77

Brett M Johnson on 09:40 - Feb 27 by Lord_Lucan

Me too, would hate to have a new stadium!. Have some great memories of PR and in any case, it just needs a bit of love and attention to tidy it up
[Post edited 27 Feb 2021 9:55]
Login to get fewer ads

Brett M Johnson on 09:55 - Feb 27 with 4166 viewsPhilTWTD

Brett M Johnson on 09:36 - Feb 27 by BryanPlug

I don't think he's the main man in this project, just one of a number of investors, nevertheless will presumably have some influence.
Brett M Johnson on 09:56 - Feb 27 with 4145 viewspointofblue

Brett M Johnson on 09:46 - Feb 27 by Lord_Lucan

Oh I see, I suppose that is more palatable - although how can we develop the area around it, what area?

The practice pitch could go. I always wondered, if we ever got into such a position, whether the council would grant permission for us to develop the stadium over Portman Road and Sir Alf Ramsey Way. I suppose doing both would cause a bit of a headache but just the former might be workable.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Brett M Johnson on 09:57 - Feb 27 with 4130 viewsbluelagos

Brett M Johnson on 09:54 - Feb 27 by north_stand77

Me too, would hate to have a new stadium!. Have some great memories of PR and in any case, it just needs a bit of love and attention to tidy it up
[Post edited 27 Feb 2021 9:55]

Someone mentioned Col Us stadium the other day as the typical model. I'll bet money if you ask most Col U fans they'd rather still be at Layer Rd. As much as a dump as it was, give me a dump with character over a soulless edge of towner any day.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Brett M Johnson on 10:00 - Feb 27 with 4082 viewsMullet

Brett M Johnson on 09:55 - Feb 27 by PhilTWTD

I don't think he's the main man in this project, just one of a number of investors, nevertheless will presumably have some influence.

Will Frank Yallop be about at all? Would be nice for us older lot innit

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Brett M Johnson on 10:00 - Feb 27 with 4075 viewswkj

Brett M Johnson on 09:57 - Feb 27 by bluelagos

Someone mentioned Col Us stadium the other day as the typical model. I'll bet money if you ask most Col U fans they'd rather still be at Layer Rd. As much as a dump as it was, give me a dump with character over a soulless edge of towner any day.

It is a 50/50 things with out of towners really - Living in Town I loved going to PR, when I moved to Diss I can't tell you how often I got to Copdock dreading the last little bit of the ride. We do have a considerable following of out of town supporters - if IBC brokered a match day shuttle agreement with Town, or something like that - I could see the appeal.

However, Portman Road and the memories do beat out convenience for me overall.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Brett M Johnson on 10:02 - Feb 27 with 4050 viewsLord_Lucan

Brett M Johnson on 09:57 - Feb 27 by bluelagos

For me Upton Park was the benchmark calamity.

Brett M Johnson on 10:02 - Feb 27 with 4051 viewsBryanPlug

Brett M Johnson on 09:46 - Feb 27 by Lord_Lucan

Brett M Johnson on 10:04 - Feb 27 with 4031 viewsLord_Lucan

Brett M Johnson on 10:02 - Feb 27 by BryanPlug

But we don't own it.

Brett M Johnson on 10:05 - Feb 27 with 3992 viewsBryanPlug

Brett M Johnson on 10:04 - Feb 27 by Lord_Lucan

But we don't own it.

Brett M Johnson on 10:07 - Feb 27 with 3970 viewswkj

I swear I recall Evans having ambitions to build a complex of entertaining and commerce around PR when he first came in - did I dream that?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Brett M Johnson on 10:08 - Feb 27 with 3943 viewsPhilTWTD

Brett M Johnson on 10:00 - Feb 27 by Mullet

Will Frank Yallop be about at all? Would be nice for us older lot innit

Not heard his name mentioned, sounds like it's a coincidence that he was at Phoenix Rising.
Brett M Johnson on 10:08 - Feb 27 with 3935 viewsBryanPlug

Brett M Johnson on 10:07 - Feb 27 by wkj

I swear I recall Evans having ambitions to build a complex of entertaining and commerce around PR when he first came in - did I dream that?

Brett M Johnson on 10:08 - Feb 27 with 3926 viewsMullet

Brett M Johnson on 10:08 - Feb 27 by PhilTWTD

Not heard his name mentioned, sounds like it's a coincidence that he was at Phoenix Rising.

This is disappointing.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Brett M Johnson on 10:09 - Feb 27 with 3906 viewsRegencyBlue

My understanding is that there is planning permission for a multi storey car park and a hotel on that site so it is ripe for development.

If this consortium manages to buy it the possibilities are interesting.
Brett M Johnson on 10:10 - Feb 27 with 3896 viewsLord_Lucan

Brett M Johnson on 10:08 - Feb 27 by BryanPlug

I think it might have been a council plan but I can't really remember. It was to go under the name of Ipswich Village or something daft.

Brett M Johnson on 10:11 - Feb 27 with 3883 viewsBryanPlug

Brett M Johnson on 10:08 - Feb 27 by PhilTWTD

Brett M Johnson on 10:13 - Feb 27 with 3846 viewspointofblue

Stuff what he says, we may have a new owner who is happy to talk to the press???

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024