Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mogga 13:10 - Feb 27 with 2068 viewsclive_baker

I’m wondering if the stars align whether he might be a contender for the job. Pure speculation on my part and no def info whatsoever, but with Blackburn in poor form and TM having a year left on his deal, they might decide its time to part ways in the not too distant future which presumably would be relatively cheap for them to do. If that coincides with a takeover at Ipswich and the search for a new gaffer, I wonder if that could be an option?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Mogga on 13:11 - Feb 27 with 2047 views66notout

You know something, don’t you?
Mogga on 13:11 - Feb 27 with 2047 viewsAce_High1

Much better option than Cook.

Lets hope it happens.
Mogga on 13:12 - Feb 27 with 2038 viewsBlueySwede

Love Mogga. Just not sure about him as a manager.
So, no thanks from me.
Mogga on 13:12 - Feb 27 with 2028 viewsStokieBlue

Mogga on 13:11 - Feb 27 by Ace_High1

Lets hope it happens.

Why do you think it's a better option? Hopefully the reasoning isn't just because he's a former player.

Blackburn don't want him for a reason and given we are hoping to compete with Blackburn should we want him?

Top bloke of course but am not convinced on the managerial move.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Mogga on 13:16 - Feb 27 with 1998 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Mogga on 13:12 - Feb 27 by StokieBlue

Why do you think it's a better option? Hopefully the reasoning isn't just because he's a former player.

Blackburn don't want him for a reason and given we are hoping to compete with Blackburn should we want him?

SB

Form is temporary, class is permanent. Cream always rises to the top (Mogga said that to us the night Burley got sacked).

Mogga with Venus would move us forward as a club I am sure. What is there about Blackburn as a club at the moment that means they should be in the play offs? He took them from League 1 to where they are. If he was given the financial backing to go further, I am sure he would be capable.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Mogga on 13:18 - Feb 27 with 1976 viewsStokieBlue

Mogga on 13:16 - Feb 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

Form is temporary, class is permanent. Cream always rises to the top (Mogga said that to us the night Burley got sacked).

Mogga with Venus would move us forward as a club I am sure. What is there about Blackburn as a club at the moment that means they should be in the play offs? He took them from League 1 to where they are. If he was given the financial backing to go further, I am sure he would be capable.

Indeed, he's done well but if you look at he win percentages over the last decade it's lower than Paul Cook at every club he's managed (Cook over 40% at 3 clubs).

Not saying he wouldn't be a good shout, just that we need to look at things not specifically through the lens of connections to the club.

SB

Mogga on 13:21 - Feb 27 with 1955 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Mogga on 13:18 - Feb 27 by StokieBlue

Indeed, he's done well but if you look at he win percentages over the last decade it's lower than Paul Cook at every club he's managed (Cook over 40% at 3 clubs).

Not saying he wouldn't be a good shout, just that we need to look at things not specifically through the lens of connections to the club.

SB

Win percentages are not a perfect way to judge a manager, though.

The same win percentage at Manchester City in the Premier League is not equivalent to Hull in the same league. It depends a lot on at what level and with what backing.

Mogga on 13:23 - Feb 27 with 1942 viewsStewart27

Not for me.

Cook for sure. Worked wonders in the lower 2 leagues and not had the proper chance to prove himself above.

Mogga is steady mid table championship manager. I don’t know why but I get the feeling he’s not actually into us as much as people think either.
Login to get fewer ads

Mogga on 13:23 - Feb 27 with 1940 viewsStokieBlue

Mogga on 13:21 - Feb 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

Win percentages are not a perfect way to judge a manager, though.

The same win percentage at Manchester City in the Premier League is not equivalent to Hull in the same league. It depends a lot on at what level and with what backing.

Totally agree they aren't the perfect way to judge things.

Given this how are you judging Mowbray?

I have nothing against him being appointed, just for some reason I have a nagging doubt about it. The worst thing would it do go badly and for his relationship with the fans to possibly sour.

Hence why perhaps I think we should look outside the club. It's a hard one.

SB

Mogga on 13:28 - Feb 27 with 1923 viewsitfcjoe

Mogga on 13:18 - Feb 27 by StokieBlue

SB

Mogga and Cook took Wigan and Blackburn up as 1 and 2 in 18/19 and Mogga subsequently had Blackburn finish higher than Wigan both seasons when they competed in the Championship (even before Wigan's points deducation)

Mogga has had his jobs at a higher level, so comparing win percentages is a bit unfair - bar Boro and Celtic, Mogga has been successful in all his jobs, Cook has in all his last 3 jobs.

The big difference between them at the moment is that one is unemployed and was able to leave on a high, managerially speaking

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mogga on 13:31 - Feb 27 with 1894 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Mogga on 13:28 - Feb 27 by itfcjoe

Mogga and Cook took Wigan and Blackburn up as 1 and 2 in 18/19 and Mogga subsequently had Blackburn finish higher than Wigan both seasons when they competed in the Championship (even before Wigan's points deducation)

Mogga has had his jobs at a higher level, so comparing win percentages is a bit unfair - bar Boro and Celtic, Mogga has been successful in all his jobs, Cook has in all his last 3 jobs.

The big difference between them at the moment is that one is unemployed and was able to leave on a high, managerially speaking

That's a fair summary and I take on board EDIT Stokie's (apols) points too. I see him as very like Burley in character and outlook.

I have no problem with Cook but would love Mogga to be here at some point. Pearson would have been ahead both but was never going to happen.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2021 13:32]

Mogga on 13:44 - Feb 27 with 1834 viewsfabian_illness

Im not a def info person, Ive never pretended to be.
But I do know there was some sort of fall out between Mowbray and Evans several years ago about broken promises or going back on a word.
My mates Mrs is good friends with Mowbrays wife.
He has said in the past that he wouldn't work for Evans.
Mogga on 13:48 - Feb 27 with 1799 viewsChurchman

I think Mowbray and Venus would be a perfect fit for us.
Mogga on 13:52 - Feb 27 with 1778 viewsMonkeyAlan

Mogga on 13:48 - Feb 27 by Churchman

I think Mowbray and Venus would be a perfect fit for us.

Would like to see it. I'd prefer them to Cook.
Mogga on 14:00 - Feb 27 with 1745 viewsGeoffSentence

Mogga on 13:44 - Feb 27 by fabian_illness

Im not a def info person, Ive never pretended to be.
But I do know there was some sort of fall out between Mowbray and Evans several years ago about broken promises or going back on a word.
My mates Mrs is good friends with Mowbrays wife.
He has said in the past that he wouldn't work for Evans.

And the takeover is one of the stars that might align.

Funnily enough WifeSentence used to know Mogga's wife, before she was Mogga's wife. They used to do gymnastics together.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Mogga on 14:03 - Feb 27 with 1728 viewsfabian_illness

Mogga on 14:00 - Feb 27 by GeoffSentence

And the takeover is one of the stars that might align.

Funnily enough WifeSentence used to know Mogga's wife, before she was Mogga's wife. They used to do gymnastics together.

You may well be right.
My mates wife is also involved in gymnastics and has been for some time.
Mogga on 14:27 - Feb 27 with 1660 viewsoldburian

Mogga on 13:52 - Feb 27 by MonkeyAlan

Would like to see it. I'd prefer them to Cook.

If the rumour that Cook has already turned down offered jobs then he is coming to us.
Mogga on 14:32 - Feb 27 with 1630 viewsPositivelyPortman

Mogga on 13:12 - Feb 27 by StokieBlue

SB

Fulham didn’t want Sir Bobby Robson did they?

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Mogga on 15:03 - Feb 27 with 1566 viewsOsborneOneNil

Mogga on 13:11 - Feb 27 by Ace_High1

Lets hope it happens.

Eh? You are kidding me?

Cook every day of the week.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024