Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Bostock 16:51 - Feb 27 with 3465 viewsKeaneish

Class at this level. Best player on the pitch today.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

John Bostock on 16:53 - Feb 27 with 3308 viewsmrshallisfit

The ball sticks to him like glue.
John Bostock on 16:53 - Feb 27 with 3287 viewsBluefish

That is not how you spell Luke Chambers

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

John Bostock on 16:55 - Feb 27 with 3266 viewshomer_123

Really....thought, whilst he saw a lot of the ball, he didn't really create much for them.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

John Bostock on 16:58 - Feb 27 with 3203 viewsKeaneish

John Bostock on 16:55 - Feb 27 by homer_123

Really....thought, whilst he saw a lot of the ball, he didn't really create much for them.

No killer balls but he starts every move they had. Dozzell and Bishop were anonymous at times. Always there to link the play from front to back, my MOM

John Bostock on 16:59 - Feb 27 with 3160 viewsBluefish

John Bostock on 16:58 - Feb 27 by Keaneish

No killer balls but he starts every move they had. Dozzell and Bishop were anonymous at times. Always there to link the play from front to back, my MOM

Genuine question do you watch games or just listen to the radio?

John Bostock on 17:03 - Feb 27 with 3137 viewsallezlesbleus

Was he the player Spurs bought from Palace, as a kid for about £5m?
John Bostock on 17:04 - Feb 27 with 3112 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

John Bostock on 17:05 - Feb 27 with 3086 viewstractordownsouth

John Bostock on 17:03 - Feb 27 by allezlesbleus

Was he the player Spurs bought from Palace, as a kid for about £5m?

More like £500,000. There was a big dispute between Simon Jordan and Spurs, as he was on a youth contract despite playing for the first team, so they were able to get him for peanuts. He then failed to make a league apprearance at White Hart Lane and played abroad before coming back to England this year. Clearly he's technically too good for League 1, so it might be an attitude problem.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Login to get fewer ads

John Bostock on 17:06 - Feb 27 with 3082 viewsNthsuffolkblue

John Bostock on 16:59 - Feb 27 by Bluefish

Genuine question do you watch games or just listen to the radio?

Indeed, Brenner seemed impressed with him from before kick off. But he didn't seem to do anything that had any major impact on the outcome of the game.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

John Bostock on 17:07 - Feb 27 with 3061 viewsmichaeldownunder

We gave him so much room all over the pitch, good job Donny dont have a striker like Norwood or dare I say Jackson
John Bostock on 17:13 - Feb 27 with 2992 viewsallezlesbleus

John Bostock on 17:05 - Feb 27 by tractordownsouth

More like £500,000. There was a big dispute between Simon Jordan and Spurs, as he was on a youth contract despite playing for the first team, so they were able to get him for peanuts. He then failed to make a league apprearance at White Hart Lane and played abroad before coming back to England this year. Clearly he's technically too good for League 1, so it might be an attitude problem.

I saw him play for England U'17s, near where I live in France and he looked class. I was surprised he never made it at one of the bigger English clubs, so you might be right about attitude.
John Bostock on 17:40 - Feb 27 with 2863 viewsKeaneish

John Bostock on 17:06 - Feb 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

Indeed, Brenner seemed impressed with him from before kick off. But he didn't seem to do anything that had any major impact on the outcome of the game.

By that rational Judge and Norwood were better than him today!?

John Bostock on 17:42 - Feb 27 with 2841 viewsNthsuffolkblue

John Bostock on 17:40 - Feb 27 by Keaneish

By that rational Judge and Norwood were better than him today!?

Yes, I thought they were. Both had a big impact on the match and played well. Judge's performance is tempered by having played a ridiculous through ball to put their player through on goal in the first half but some very good set pieces from him with a cracking goal.

It is goals that win matches, not possession.

John Bostock on 18:07 - Feb 27 with 2750 viewsKeaneish

John Bostock on 17:42 - Feb 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

Yes, I thought they were. Both had a big impact on the match and played well. Judge's performance is tempered by having played a ridiculous through ball to put their player through on goal in the first half but some very good set pieces from him with a cracking goal.

You thought their performances were better than Bostock’s??? Good Lord. Try again.

John Bostock on 18:15 - Feb 27 with 2704 viewsNthsuffolkblue

John Bostock on 18:07 - Feb 27 by Keaneish

You thought their performances were better than Bostock’s??? Good Lord. Try again.

Game of opinions, isn't it? I think his performance did not impact the game very much at all. Clearly a skilful player but he didn't have enough influence on the game to impress me.

I guess it comes down to whether you would rather your team was mid-table but with great possession stats, or winning games.

John Bostock on 18:18 - Feb 27 with 2678 viewsthebooks

John Bostock on 17:42 - Feb 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

I agree that possession really does mean nothing, and I prefer something a bit more high tempo to tika-taka. But, there is more than one way to skin a cat, and Doncaster try and play that possession style. Bostock is the best I’ve seen at this level in the main playmaker role by some distance.

Norwood has excelled recently as the outlet for a more direct pass, so I guess we could all be praising that as well. It helps that Lambert has started using him properly.
John Bostock on 18:20 - Feb 27 with 2656 viewsNthsuffolkblue

John Bostock on 18:18 - Feb 27 by thebooks

I agree that possession really does mean nothing, and I prefer something a bit more high tempo to tika-taka. But, there is more than one way to skin a cat, and Doncaster try and play that possession style. Bostock is the best I’ve seen at this level in the main playmaker role by some distance.

Norwood has excelled recently as the outlet for a more direct pass, so I guess we could all be praising that as well. It helps that Lambert has started using him properly.

Using him better with Parrott in a supporting role but he has already shown very clearly that he is most effective in a genuine two with Jackson alongside him.

While he has made the difference in the recent two wins, I am sure they would have been more comfortable had he been playing with Jackson alongside him.

John Bostock on 19:29 - Feb 27 with 2565 viewsKeaneish

John Bostock on 18:18 - Feb 27 by thebooks

Possession means everything. The more possession you have the less the opposition have the ball. The less they have the ball, the more chance you have of winning or at least, not losing.

Today a side has co e to Portman Road and dominated the ball. On another day, they should have won if it wasn’t for a few good saves or the post.

John Bostock on 20:26 - Feb 27 with 2445 viewsthebooks

John Bostock on 19:29 - Feb 27 by Keaneish

Possession means everything. The more possession you have the less the opposition have the ball. The less they have the ball, the more chance you have of winning or at least, not losing.

Today a side has co e to Portman Road and dominated the ball. On another day, they should have won if it wasn’t for a few good saves or the post.

You can win matches without keeping the ball for ages, or perhaps by getting possession teams to over-commit and then hitting them on the counterattack. There are many ways to play football.

Today was a good example of a team keeping possession, and actually playing well, but not creating as many chances as the team who defended well and got it forward pretty quickly. It probably should have been a draw, but I didn’t feel we robbed Donny.
John Bostock on 20:45 - Feb 27 with 2380 viewsBluefish

John Bostock on 19:29 - Feb 27 by Keaneish

How often has the side with the most possession won this season in itfc games?

I feel duty bound to sit down a watch a game with you one day to see if I can help
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 9:15]

John Bostock on 01:16 - Feb 28 with 2186 viewsdominiciawful

BBC piece about him from November: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54872856

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

John Bostock on 01:51 - Feb 28 with 2163 viewsbournemouthblue

John Bostock on 18:20 - Feb 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

Using him better with Parrott in a supporting role but he has already shown very clearly that he is most effective in a genuine two with Jackson alongside him.

While he has made the difference in the recent two wins, I am sure they would have been more comfortable had he been playing with Jackson alongside him.

On the subject of Parrott who seems to do a ridiculous amount of work, I suspect he'd get far more out of Jackson next to him as

We really could do with Lambert going, if simply to bring him back into contention and hopefully given us a greeter potency upfront!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

John Bostock on 06:32 - Feb 28 with 2068 viewsKeaneish

John Bostock on 20:26 - Feb 27 by thebooks

You can win matches without keeping the ball for ages, or perhaps by getting possession teams to over-commit and then hitting them on the counterattack. There are many ways to play football.

Today was a good example of a team keeping possession, and actually playing well, but not creating as many chances as the team who defended well and got it forward pretty quickly. It probably should have been a draw, but I didn’t feel we robbed Donny.

Yes, you can win matches like that but longevity wise it’s unsustainable. If every team came to Portman Road and had that amount of the ball we’d lose more than we’d win. We were outplayed but they didn’t have the quality to beat us. We have to be better. I can’t remember the last time a side went to Portman Road and had that much of the ball - imagine if there had been 20,000 + there - we’d have been paying to watch Donnie.

I’ll take the points and it was a good defensive display but it’s no way near good enough on the whole for this club.

John Bostock on 08:05 - Feb 28 with 1950 viewstextbackup

John Bostock on 20:45 - Feb 27 by Bluefish

How often has the side with the most possession won this season in itfc games?

I feel duty bound to sit down a watch a game with you one day to see if I can help
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 9:15]

Reckon he’s got you on mute.
3 tries - and he’s not replied.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

John Bostock on 09:12 - Feb 28 with 1848 viewsBryanPlug

John Bostock on 08:05 - Feb 28 by textbackup

Reckon he’s got you on mute.
3 tries - and he’s not replied.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024