Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stuart Taylor lost his dad dementia 18:41 - Feb 27 with 903 viewsIP4_Blue

No matter what we think football wise sorry for your loss Stuart
Stuart Taylor lost his dad dementia on 18:42 - Feb 27 with 882 viewsIP4_Blue

Sorry meant to be general thread
Stuart Taylor lost his dad dementia on 19:07 - Feb 27 with 755 viewsm14_blue

That’s terrible.

Best wishes Stuart.
Stuart Taylor lost his dad dementia on 19:32 - Feb 27 with 695 viewswkj

Quite often with dementia is the horrific truth you effectively lose a loved one twice. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Stuart Taylor lost his dad dementia on 19:44 - Feb 27 with 660 viewsBloomBlue

Stuart Taylor lost his dad dementia on 19:32 - Feb 27 by wkj

Quite often with dementia is the horrific truth you effectively lose a loved one twice. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Dementia is a terrible condition and as you say made worse by the fact there are normally three different stages the individual progresses through before death, horrible to watch a love one suffer like that.

They estimate 50 million people in the world have it, with 10 million new cases every year and none of them will survive it, no cure.
Stuart Taylor lost his dad dementia on 20:09 - Feb 27 with 587 viewsChurchman

It is and you do. It is really difficult to deal with.

With my mum, I worked on the basis that if she was happy talking about her versions of the past, repeated time after time and I made her smile or laugh at least once, it was a good visit. It was all about what was best for her, no more, no less. It is a cruel condition where you lose people slice by slice. And every persons case is different. At Asterbury, no two patients had the same problems and the staff were amazing.

The good thing is that after the person is gone, you remember them as they were, 10, 15, 20 and more years ago and that grows stronger with time. The years of difficulty melt away.
Stuart Taylor lost his dad dementia on 20:45 - Feb 27 with 495 viewsIP4_Blue

Agreed my Nan had she got dementia at 85 was awful to see someone so fit and active and not even remember who I was and not even knowing who my mum was and then at times she got angry must have been awful for my mum
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024