Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Funny how a week can change perceptions... 08:49 - Feb 28 with 1713 viewstractorboy1978

I'm now looking at the table - we have 17 games left, 14 of which are against teams below us. We've already played 4 of the current top 6 home and away. Already played Oxford/Blackpool home and away and they look the two most upwardly mobile teams.

And crucially change is afoot in the managerial department.

Funny how a week can change perceptions... on 08:55 - Feb 28 with 1629 viewsHerbivore

Change needs to come quickly if we're going to sustain it. Not sure how sustainable a good run will be under Lambert in all honesty. We rode our luck a bit yesterday and although Donny are a good side for this level they, like Hull before them, have been in pretty poor form of late. I said on another thread that we've basically reverted to what made us successful at the start of last season. Pretty basic set up, defend solidly and mainly keep it tight, and hope our quality nicks us a goal or two.

Looking at the highlights from the last three games we've been aided by the opposition missing big chances at crucial times in the game, but that happens in this league as it's dross. There will be times when it doesn't happen though and we fall behind or sides equalise and that will be a test for this more back to basics line up.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Funny how a week can change perceptions... on 08:58 - Feb 28 with 1596 viewshype313

Funny how a week can change perceptions... on 08:55 - Feb 28 by Herbivore

Change needs to come quickly if we're going to sustain it. Not sure how sustainable a good run will be under Lambert in all honesty. We rode our luck a bit yesterday and although Donny are a good side for this level they, like Hull before them, have been in pretty poor form of late. I said on another thread that we've basically reverted to what made us successful at the start of last season. Pretty basic set up, defend solidly and mainly keep it tight, and hope our quality nicks us a goal or two.

Looking at the highlights from the last three games we've been aided by the opposition missing big chances at crucial times in the game, but that happens in this league as it's dross. There will be times when it doesn't happen though and we fall behind or sides equalise and that will be a test for this more back to basics line up.

Indeed, I do wonder how long this uncertainty will last, or how close this takeover is, as the last thing we want is for Lambert to still be around stinking the place out for weeks on end.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Funny how a week can change perceptions... on 09:16 - Feb 28 with 1472 viewstractorboy1978

Funny how a week can change perceptions... on 08:58 - Feb 28 by hype313

Indeed, I do wonder how long this uncertainty will last, or how close this takeover is, as the last thing we want is for Lambert to still be around stinking the place out for weeks on end.

I don't think we are far off Lambert going even if the takeover doesn't complete for another month or so.
Funny how a week can change perceptions... on 09:22 - Feb 28 with 1417 viewshype313

Funny how a week can change perceptions... on 09:16 - Feb 28 by tractorboy1978

I don't think we are far off Lambert going even if the takeover doesn't complete for another month or so.

I can't see it being tenable for him to stay much longer.

Also sounds like him and Evans have had a spat and Evans wants to wash his hands of him.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Funny how a week can change perceptions... on 09:35 - Feb 28 with 1335 viewsitfcjoe

Funny how a week can change perceptions... on 09:16 - Feb 28 by tractorboy1978

It looked like Gill was in charge yesterday.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Funny how a week can change perceptions... on 10:10 - Feb 28 with 1183 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Funny how a week can change perceptions... on 09:35 - Feb 28 by itfcjoe

It looked like Gill was in charge yesterday.

I didn't see it, do you genuinely feel that's the case?

Was Lambert taking a back seat?

I guess Gill is maybe acting Assistant Manager while Taylor is on leave.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Funny how a week can change perceptions... on 10:17 - Feb 28 with 1136 viewspointofblue

Funny how a week can change perceptions... on 10:10 - Feb 28 by Marshalls_Mullet

Gill was certainly the one who was talking to the subs and explaining what he wanted them to do.

Not sure if that’s a great thing for us as we seemed to lose control after they were made; even the logical introductions of Downes and Edwards.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Funny how a week can change perceptions... on 10:44 - Feb 28 with 1040 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Funny how a week can change perceptions... on 10:10 - Feb 28 by Marshalls_Mullet

Thought the same and someone mentioned that Gill possibly chose the team too. Lambert certainly looked more relaxed and even came out in the pre match warm up which he never does

In post match interview he actually spoke about his future and answered the questions, when he usually just shrugs them off. Seemed pretty relaxed almost like he knows it's up. Probably likes that he now knows his future
Login to get fewer ads

Funny how a week can change perceptions... on 10:55 - Feb 28 with 983 viewsParisBlue

5 of 7 games in March are away.

And 4 of 7 games in March are against teams in the top 10.

Let's see how those go. After we play Portsmouth (6 games time) we have 11 games remaining, with Charlton in 12th the highest placed of them.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Funny how a week can change perceptions... on 12:04 - Feb 28 with 867 viewsSteve_M

I think we’ve given ourselves a chance again although it will be just as easy to drop off the pace again. Better than anyone could have expected after Northampton, could do with four points from the next two to keep this going.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024