Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Got my vaccine next week... 09:56 - Feb 28 with 5143 viewsitfcjoe

....no idea why i have effectively 'jumped the queue' as am mid 30s with no underlying health conditions......but excited to be getting it and feeling like we are getting closer to the end.

For anyone who has had one, do you know which one you have before you go? Or do you just find out when there - I'm not fussed which one I have but would like to do a little bit of a read up with what to expect from either
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 9:57]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Got my vaccine next week... on 10:00 - Feb 28 with 2766 viewsbluefunk

I found out when I got there, the potential issues are the same for either, essentially mild flu symptoms for a couple of days, of about a dozen people I know only one has had anything more than a pain where they put the jab
Got my vaccine next week... on 10:05 - Feb 28 with 2729 viewsblueprint

I had the Oxford vaccine about 3 weeks ago. The only thing I noticed was a few days of lethargy about a week later but that may have just been coincidental.
Got my vaccine next week... on 10:11 - Feb 28 with 2686 viewsRegencyBlue

Had mine a month ago and found out when I got there. My wife had hers last week and was told in advance there was a delivery of Pfizer coming in that week.

Both were at the local GP surgery so it might be different at the larger vaccination centres.
Got my vaccine next week... on 10:13 - Feb 28 with 2667 viewsJakeITFC

I found out when I got there it was the AstraZeneca jab, they give you a leaflet explaining the vaccine and the likely side effects.

I had a sore arm and felt a bit tired the afternoon of the day after the jab but nothing serious, my dad was completely knocked out by it for the day after so doesn’t seem to be just a younger people thing. I’d recommend having some paracetamol to hand and a clear day if possible.
Got my vaccine next week... on 10:13 - Feb 28 with 2661 viewsPinewoodblue

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-adverse-

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Got my vaccine next week... on 10:14 - Feb 28 with 2656 viewsBasuco

Edit: Mine was on the card they give you to say you have had it and what batch number you had, each site seems to only give one manufacturer. If you know anyone who has been to the site you selected that may be a good indication. I also found it amusing last week when the national news were stating there was a shortage of Pfizer vaccines but on the same day my GP surgery posted on their Facebook page there was a shortage of AstraZeneca vaccines. Surgeries only find out 2 or 3 days in advance what vaccine they will get delivered, so slots tend to open and close very quickly.
I had sore injection site for 24 hours, Mrs B had slight hangover type headache next morning which quickly went after taking paracetamol.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 10:17]
Got my vaccine next week... on 10:18 - Feb 28 with 2628 viewsGeoffSentence

Maybe they have made a minor error with your vital statistics as happened with this bloke

https://metro.co.uk/2021/02/17/reporter-invited-for-vaccine-because-nhs-thought-

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Got my vaccine next week... on 10:28 - Feb 28 with 2569 viewshype313

Did you book Joe? Or just get a Text?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Got my vaccine next week... on 10:30 - Feb 28 with 2550 viewsPinewoodblue

Got my vaccine next week... on 10:14 - Feb 28 by Basuco

Edit: Mine was on the card they give you to say you have had it and what batch number you had, each site seems to only give one manufacturer. If you know anyone who has been to the site you selected that may be a good indication. I also found it amusing last week when the national news were stating there was a shortage of Pfizer vaccines but on the same day my GP surgery posted on their Facebook page there was a shortage of AstraZeneca vaccines. Surgeries only find out 2 or 3 days in advance what vaccine they will get delivered, so slots tend to open and close very quickly.
I had sore injection site for 24 hours, Mrs B had slight hangover type headache next morning which quickly went after taking paracetamol.

Probably no way of knowing before you get there. Know several couples who had vaccinations on different days at the same location. Where one had AZ, the other Pfizer.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Got my vaccine next week... on 10:31 - Feb 28 with 2534 viewsitfcjoe

Got my vaccine next week... on 10:14 - Feb 28 by Basuco

My Mum and Dad both had it there (Trinity park) and they were Pfizer

Got my vaccine next week... on 10:32 - Feb 28 with 2528 viewsitfcjoe

Got my vaccine next week... on 10:28 - Feb 28 by hype313

Did you book Joe? Or just get a Text?

Just got a text on Friday night saying they had spaces especially at Trinity park and The Mix Stowmarket so try to use those sites if possible and then earliest could book for was this coming Saturday

Got my vaccine next week... on 10:32 - Feb 28 with 2525 viewsBassett_Blue

I had mine yesterday morning. I was told over the phone when booking my appointment, that I was having the Pfizer. So far I have a bit of a sore arm and a mild headache. I was surprised I had mine so soon, as I am nearly 38, but do have asthma.
Got my vaccine next week... on 10:34 - Feb 28 with 2500 viewsMullet

Nowhere near getting mine judging by what I'm hearing from people around here. Work has had some doses, but they gave those all to the management and then whoever else was in the building that day was told to see if they had any left apparently.

Having had a nasty bout of COVID I have no idea how at risk I am now. I have been asked to see if I can donate blood plasma but having filled everything out am still waiting.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Got my vaccine next week... on 10:36 - Feb 28 with 2475 viewsIP4_Blue

That’s good yes the end does feel closer feeling more positive about planning things
Mid 30s ??!! Blue Monday podcast must be stressful 🤣🤣
Got my vaccine next week... on 10:37 - Feb 28 with 2468 viewsWeWereZombies

You don't count being a Town supporter as an underlying health condition then?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Got my vaccine next week... on 10:40 - Feb 28 with 2445 viewsitfcjoe

Got my vaccine next week... on 10:34 - Feb 28 by Mullet

Nowhere near getting mine judging by what I'm hearing from people around here. Work has had some doses, but they gave those all to the management and then whoever else was in the building that day was told to see if they had any left apparently.

Having had a nasty bout of COVID I have no idea how at risk I am now. I have been asked to see if I can donate blood plasma but having filled everything out am still waiting.

It's random, my Mum who shares the same GP as me that leads this was only offered hers on Sunday despite being 62, and now 5 days later I get mine offered........know in Ipswich a load of parents friends in 50s were getting their jab when Mum and Dad hadn't heard anything.....

Guess can come at any time and just need to be lucky

Got my vaccine next week... on 10:41 - Feb 28 with 2438 viewsTractorCam

Like others I found out when I got there, I had it at Trinity Park and they either do it based on times or stock. For example the slots are every 30 minutes and there was a sign saying left for Pfizer and right for Astra, we all got directed right.

Astra one gave me fever symptoms for the next day and mild the day after but was ok after that, but i've also known people who are perfectly fine afterwards like my grandparents.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Got my vaccine next week... on 10:42 - Feb 28 with 2422 viewshoppy

Got my vaccine next week... on 10:31 - Feb 28 by itfcjoe

My Mum and Dad both had it there (Trinity park) and they were Pfizer

KJ and I both had ours at Trinity Park (about 1.5-2 weeks apart). She had the AstraZeneca and I had the Pfizer a week ago. I had a bit of a sore arm the day after but that was about it.

I asked them why particularly one or the other, and they said it just depends on availability and which they're sent a batch of - no other reason than that.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Got my vaccine next week... on 10:44 - Feb 28 with 2423 viewsGuthrum

I found out which one after it had been done.

Anecdotally, Pfizer side effects range from nothing to a mildly sore arm to (more rarely) 24 hours of feeling run down, even slightly feverish. The few people I know who've had AZ said they had nothing at all.

I was also surprised to be called as early as I was. I'm not over 65, no current underlying conditions, etc. Didn't query it, glad to get done.

Some places are going much faster than others. It has also been suggested to me that they are "filling in" if there are remaining spare doses from a particular batch which need using up.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Got my vaccine next week... on 10:49 - Feb 28 with 2377 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Exactly the same as me, have mine today and no idea why...
Got my vaccine next week... on 10:50 - Feb 28 with 2367 viewsGuthrum

Got my vaccine next week... on 10:34 - Feb 28 by Mullet

Hope you're fully recovered now.

From the research done so far, antibodies last between three months and a year (average around six months) after having had a dose of C19, depending upon factors including severity of infection and your age.

If you were unfortunate enough to catch it agin, there is a much greater chance of you being asymptomatic, or so I'm led to believe.

From what was said to me when I went for my jab, it's only an issue for that if you had it within the preceding month.

Got my vaccine next week... on 10:50 - Feb 28 with 2367 viewsMullet

Got my vaccine next week... on 10:40 - Feb 28 by itfcjoe

It's random, my Mum who shares the same GP as me that leads this was only offered hers on Sunday despite being 62, and now 5 days later I get mine offered........know in Ipswich a load of parents friends in 50s were getting their jab when Mum and Dad hadn't heard anything.....

Guess can come at any time and just need to be lucky

There was a story saying the big centre they've put up at the Etihad should start accpeting more people as people weren't turning up and the capacity was far bigger than was being used etc.

Political bias aside, while I'm glad we have the vaccine rolled out, it does seem to be once again left for others to figure out whilst the government do nothing but seek credit judging by their media output. The desire to get it out there is understandable, but yesterday it seemed like people here have assumed life is back to normal too.

I'm hoping that one dose with such a lag and no data will not be as problematic as it first seemed. While I'm looking forward to going back to work face to face, I don't trust the public whatsoever to make this timetable they talked about feasible.

Got my vaccine next week... on 10:53 - Feb 28 with 2348 viewspointofblue

Got my vaccine next week... on 10:50 - Feb 28 by Mullet

There was a story saying the big centre they've put up at the Etihad should start accpeting more people as people weren't turning up and the capacity was far bigger than was being used etc.

Political bias aside, while I'm glad we have the vaccine rolled out, it does seem to be once again left for others to figure out whilst the government do nothing but seek credit judging by their media output. The desire to get it out there is understandable, but yesterday it seemed like people here have assumed life is back to normal too.

I'm hoping that one dose with such a lag and no data will not be as problematic as it first seemed. While I'm looking forward to going back to work face to face, I don't trust the public whatsoever to make this timetable they talked about feasible.

To be fair to the government, for once, they have made it very clear over and over that things will not be going back to normal for a while yet. If people are assuming that things are back to normal that’s their own outlook, not down to messaging from the government.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Got my vaccine next week... on 10:53 - Feb 28 with 2348 viewsMullet

Got my vaccine next week... on 10:50 - Feb 28 by Guthrum

Hope you're fully recovered now.

From the research done so far, antibodies last between three months and a year (average around six months) after having had a dose of C19, depending upon factors including severity of infection and your age.

If you were unfortunate enough to catch it agin, there is a much greater chance of you being asymptomatic, or so I'm led to believe.

From what was said to me when I went for my jab, it's only an issue for that if you had it within the preceding month.

Cheers mate. My lungs seem to be the main issue but I was ill for a long time before it. I've completely lost all my fitness due to it and having no gym to go to and train so for me, it will be a long time until I'm back.

The fact I might be an asymptomatic spreader is concerning given how despite all the efforts we've made this "schools are safe" stuff is illogical and nonsense. I'm wary we'll be a massive driver again just as things are looking up.

Got my vaccine next week... on 10:55 - Feb 28 with 2331 viewsGuthrum

Got my vaccine next week... on 10:50 - Feb 28 by Mullet

I think it was probably best for everybody that they left it to existing NHS structures to do the organisation. While there are some seemingly random anomalies, it's still very likely to be much more efficient and cost-effective than some jubbly, bug-filled centralised system put together in haste and with too many fingers in pies.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024