Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone in the catering industry? 19:53 - Feb 28 with 623 viewsIP4_Blue

We moved our wedding to Aug third time we have moved obviously due to COVID other times have been in lockdown so not able to get married. Where we are getting married they use 3 caterers one of we are using and paid £1,000 deposit in January 20. Unfortunately caterer cannot make our new date in August but we are limited as not dates left with venue. Caterer is saying she will pay us back our deposit minus costs incurred which only comes to £60 she said however she hasn’t incurred any costs she us charging us this for 12 emails we have had no taster because of Covid I know it’s only £60 but it’s the principle.
Has anyone else had this problem? I checked terms and conditions and there is no Covid policy. I know it’s hard for everyone in this industry but seems unfair not to get full deposit back
Anyone in the catering industry? on 20:05 - Feb 28 with 555 viewsitfcjoe

I think for the sake of £60 I'd let it slide, it is obviously frustrating for you guys but no doubt her business is really hurting and these little payments may be the difference between surviving or not - try and negotiate £60 off with the new caterer

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone in the catering industry? on 20:10 - Feb 28 with 536 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone in the catering industry? on 20:05 - Feb 28 by itfcjoe

I think for the sake of £60 I'd let it slide, it is obviously frustrating for you guys but no doubt her business is really hurting and these little payments may be the difference between surviving or not - try and negotiate £60 off with the new caterer

I reckon he’s fortunate to get the £940

She could have refused to give any of it back. Not saying this would have been legal but if she had refused it would cost more in legal fees to get it back.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Anyone in the catering industry? on 20:10 - Feb 28 with 533 viewsMetal_Hacker

In the grand scheme of things I don’t think £60 is really worth the stress and anxiety for anyone

Chill , enjoy the new planning and put it down to experience

When it does happen ....enjoy your day and laugh about it

Poll: If it were one or the other

Anyone in the catering industry? on 20:16 - Feb 28 with 500 viewsJ2BLUE

Twelve emails sounds like it could take quite a bit of time, especially if she has put time in planning menus etc and sending them through. Sounds fair enough really.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone in the catering industry? on 20:23 - Feb 28 with 481 viewsIP4_Blue

I said to the new caterer if we can’t get married in Aug and get another date which they cannot do and he said instead of 5% deposit just pay £250 which is good.
Take your point about little payments being the difference surviving she said she’s lost 24 out if 26 weddings
Anyone in the catering industry? on 20:23 - Feb 28 with 481 viewsIP4_Blue

I said to the new caterer if we can’t get married in Aug and get another date which they cannot do and he said instead of 5% deposit just pay £250 which is good.
Take your point about little payments being the difference surviving she said she’s lost 24 weddings
Anyone in the catering industry? on 20:25 - Feb 28 with 460 viewsIP4_Blue

Anyone in the catering industry? on 20:16 - Feb 28 by J2BLUE

Twelve emails sounds like it could take quite a bit of time, especially if she has put time in planning menus etc and sending them through. Sounds fair enough really.

Ok thanks good to get someone else’s opinion who is not impartial like friends and family
Anyone in the catering industry? on 20:26 - Feb 28 with 452 viewsborge

Seems fairly reasonable. 15 minutes an email at £20 an hour doesn't seem implausible. As annoying as it may feel given how many times you've had to move, she's only covering her time.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone in the catering industry? on 21:12 - Feb 28 with 386 viewsIP4_Blue

Anyone in the catering industry? on 20:10 - Feb 28 by Metal_Hacker

In the grand scheme of things I don’t think £60 is really worth the stress and anxiety for anyone

Chill , enjoy the new planning and put it down to experience

When it does happen ....enjoy your day and laugh about it

Certainly getting excited again!
Anyone in the catering industry? on 22:02 - Feb 28 with 338 viewsfactual_blue

Sue Joe Royle.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone in the catering industry? on 22:10 - Feb 28 with 324 viewsjeera

On first glance I thought you meant you were only being offered 60 quid from that grand!

Give her the £60 gracefully and thank her for keeping you informed or whatever.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024