Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would the new owners have made it a condition of buying that PL was gone? 22:25 - Feb 28 with 1245 viewsElderGrizzly

They start off with a completely clean slate and without a sacking on their hands?
Would the new owners have made it a condition of buying that PL was gone? on 22:26 - Feb 28 with 1230 viewsKieran_Knows

I suspect so.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Would the new owners have made it a condition of buying that PL was gone? on 22:28 - Feb 28 with 1172 viewsSuperCoops

Maybe didn't want to pay off whatever Lambert was eligible from his contract?
Would the new owners have made it a condition of buying that PL was gone? on 22:29 - Feb 28 with 1143 viewsWicklowBlue

I'm sure I read somewhere that it was up to ME to deal with PL's contract not the new owners. Can't remember where I saw that with so many swirling rumours happening.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 22:30]
Would the new owners have made it a condition of buying that PL was gone? on 22:31 - Feb 28 with 1091 viewsElderGrizzly

Would the new owners have made it a condition of buying that PL was gone? on 22:26 - Feb 28 by Kieran_Knows

I suspect so.

I suppose at least Evans waited until the relative was dead this time before sacking someone.

Learning and all that
No on 22:33 - Feb 28 with 1042 viewsunstableblue

Whilst Marcus will be factoring in the eventual sale, this feels like a complete breakdown in his relationship and Lambert becoming increasingly erratic... his position was untenable

We may see a temporary team until the sale, or an appointment that is made with some contact with new consortium

BUT, this sale could take a long long time

And I really hope Marcus is doing diligence with good of the club in mind

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Would the new owners have made it a condition of buying that PL was gone? on 22:33 - Feb 28 with 1013 viewsFreddy

Would the new owners have made it a condition of buying that PL was gone? on 22:31 - Feb 28 by ElderGrizzly

I suppose at least Evans waited until the relative was dead this time before sacking someone.

Learning and all that

They weren't sacked, they left by mutual consent so will get their contracts paid up
No on 22:36 - Feb 28 with 971 viewsWicklowBlue

No on 22:33 - Feb 28 by unstableblue

Whilst Marcus will be factoring in the eventual sale, this feels like a complete breakdown in his relationship and Lambert becoming increasingly erratic... his position was untenable

We may see a temporary team until the sale, or an appointment that is made with some contact with new consortium

Lambert was a dead man walking, and probably pushed for a settlement and bawled ME out of it. Tbh if I was in that position I would have probably done the same once I could negotiate a level of severance I was happy with.

Seems to me Gill has been selecting the team for the past few games.
No on 22:36 - Feb 28 with 969 viewsTractorWood

Guardian reckon the sale could go through this week coming.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

Would the new owners have made it a condition of buying that PL was gone? on 22:41 - Feb 28 with 906 viewsRegencyBlue

If I was in the new consortium I would be telling Evans he gave Lambert the five year contract and he could pay him off!
No on 22:46 - Feb 28 with 815 viewsunstableblue

No on 22:36 - Feb 28 by TractorWood

Guardian reckon the sale could go through this week coming.

Well let’s hope so... but typically these things take time

As Town fans we need to consider that this sale, and new ownership with a build and sale ethos, is going to bring large risks.... but any proper off field mgmt system has to be a step forward

I just really hope we can keep the dressing room positive and the momentum going until a new manager lift... as I’m convinced we can make the play offs and be strong contenders

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

No on 22:47 - Feb 28 with 790 viewsSamWhiteUK

No on 22:46 - Feb 28 by unstableblue

Well let’s hope so... but typically these things take time

As Town fans we need to consider that this sale, and new ownership with a build and sale ethos, is going to bring large risks.... but any proper off field mgmt system has to be a step forward

I just really hope we can keep the dressing room positive and the momentum going until a new manager lift... as I’m convinced we can make the play offs and be strong contenders

You think the takeover has just started now?
Would the new owners have made it a condition of buying that PL was gone? on 22:49 - Feb 28 with 760 viewsFreddy

Would the new owners have made it a condition of buying that PL was gone? on 22:41 - Feb 28 by RegencyBlue

If I was in the new consortium I would be telling Evans he gave Lambert the five year contract and he could pay him off!

So has a takeover been agreed then? Maybe Evans is waiting to see if play offs are possible?
No on 22:50 - Feb 28 with 742 viewsElderGrizzly

Guardian are saying sale could be done this week. Seems ambitious to me
Would the new owners have made it a condition of buying that PL was gone? on 22:50 - Feb 28 with 740 viewswkj

Very rarely do football takeover tend to inherit the sitting manager it seems.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Would the new owners have made it a condition of buying that PL was gone? on 22:51 - Feb 28 with 724 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Makes sense all ways...they get clean slate, Lambert saves faces, Evans saves on the pay out and gets 20 million quid plus shot of the club.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Would the new owners have made it a condition of buying that PL was gone? on 22:53 - Feb 28 with 699 viewsWicklowBlue

Would the new owners have made it a condition of buying that PL was gone? on 22:50 - Feb 28 by wkj

Very rarely do football takeover tend to inherit the sitting manager it seems.

1 percent likelihood I believe....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024