Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I would prefer the cowleys 07:29 - Mar 1 with 2002 viewsnodge_blue

I think his positivity, planning, motivation and enthusiasm shines through.

If Cook does prefer 1 up front then we will be ground hog day at least until he can recruit.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

I would prefer the cowleys on 07:46 - Mar 1 with 1595 viewsITFCed

The Cowleys are glorified PE teachers, it says a lot that when they got to a club with good facilities like Huddersfield that they were out of their depth and it would happen again at Ipswich

Poll: Who was the player of the tournament in your opinion?

I would prefer the cowleys on 07:53 - Mar 1 with 1568 viewsnodge_blue

I would prefer the cowleys on 07:46 - Mar 1 by ITFCed

The Cowleys are glorified PE teachers, it says a lot that when they got to a club with good facilities like Huddersfield that they were out of their depth and it would happen again at Ipswich

All managers are glorified PE teachers.

And they did well at Huddersfield.

I would prefer the cowleys on 07:56 - Mar 1 with 1546 viewsitfcjoe

I think under Evans, and the lack of structure he gives Cowley's would be the best choice - hopefully though takeover goes through and these new guys give us a proper structure......meaning that manager can get on with managing.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I would prefer the cowleys on 07:59 - Mar 1 with 1514 viewsStokieBlue

Not sure you can just say that 1 up top is groundhog day, it totally depends on how the rest of the side is setup and the attacking mentality of the 3 behind. It sounds like they are given free reign to attack which is pretty different to what Lambert did.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I would prefer the cowleys on 08:01 - Mar 1 with 1498 viewsnodge_blue

I would prefer the cowleys on 07:59 - Mar 1 by StokieBlue

Not sure you can just say that 1 up top is groundhog day, it totally depends on how the rest of the side is setup and the attacking mentality of the 3 behind. It sounds like they are given free reign to attack which is pretty different to what Lambert did.

SB

Partly because we don’t have players that can play wide in the front 3. Partly because we don’t have full backs that can consistently bomb up and down the pitch and put in good crosses. Partly because we don’t have centre halves that can play out from the back.

I would prefer the cowleys on 08:03 - Mar 1 with 1477 viewsTractorCam

Not sure how taking a team from bottom to safety is out of their depth.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

I would prefer the cowleys on 08:06 - Mar 1 with 1437 viewsStokieBlue

I would prefer the cowleys on 08:01 - Mar 1 by nodge_blue

Partly because we don’t have players that can play wide in the front 3. Partly because we don’t have full backs that can consistently bomb up and down the pitch and put in good crosses. Partly because we don’t have centre halves that can play out from the back.

How do you know how he sets up his 3 to play? You've just read that part from the Pompey fan and drawn all your conclusions based on that.

Unless I'm mistaken and you've been following him closely for years in which case maybe you're right.

Not sure today is the day for all the negativity already on here. People are already going large with their moaning.

SB
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 8:08]

I would prefer the cowleys on 08:09 - Mar 1 with 1430 viewsnodge_blue

I would prefer the cowleys on 08:06 - Mar 1 by StokieBlue

How do you know how he sets up his 3 to play? You've just read that part from the Pompey fan and drawn all your conclusions based on that.

Unless I'm mistaken and you've been following him closely for years in which case maybe you're right.

Not sure today is the day for all the negativity already on here. People are already going large with their moaning.

SB
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 8:08]

I’m just saying I’d prefer the cowleys.

I’m not saying I wouldn’t give cook a chance.

Login to get fewer ads

I would prefer the cowleys on 08:24 - Mar 1 with 1377 viewsN2_Blue

Nah, Cook all day long over the Cowleys!

My first choice, very happy if he is appointed.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

I would prefer the cowleys on 08:37 - Mar 1 with 1328 viewsHerbivore

I would prefer the cowleys on 08:01 - Mar 1 by nodge_blue

Most of that isn't accurate.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I would prefer the cowleys on 08:40 - Mar 1 with 1314 viewsWallingford_Boy

I would prefer the cowleys on 08:37 - Mar 1 by Herbivore

Here comes the worlds most patronising man.... sigh!

RIP Sir Bobby

I would prefer the cowleys on 08:41 - Mar 1 with 1306 viewsHerbivore

I would prefer the cowleys on 08:40 - Mar 1 by Wallingford_Boy

Do one.

I would prefer the cowleys on 08:43 - Mar 1 with 1293 viewsWallingford_Boy

I would prefer the cowleys on 08:41 - Mar 1 by Herbivore

Do one.

Bright as ever.. sigh!

RIP Sir Bobby

I would prefer the cowleys on 08:51 - Mar 1 with 1267 viewsnodge_blue

I would prefer the cowleys on 08:37 - Mar 1 by Herbivore

I should have added that only one forward (Norwood) has looked remotely comfortable playing as a lone striker
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 8:52]

I would prefer the cowleys on 08:55 - Mar 1 with 1234 viewsHerbivore

I would prefer the cowleys on 08:51 - Mar 1 by nodge_blue

I should have added that only one forward (Norwood) has looked remotely comfortable playing as a lone striker
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 8:52]

We also have full backs who can get up and down in Kenlock and Matheson (and KVY if he ever gets fit) and we also have CBs who can play out in Woolfenden and, to a lesser extent, Chambers when he moves back there.

We also have plenty of options to play the wide attacking roles: Bennetts, Sears, Lankester, Dobra, Thomas, Edwards, even Jackson if used correctly rather than being told to hug the touchline.

The personnel we have should be perfectly able to play 4-2-3-1 well, the issue has been having a manager with no clue how to set us up properly.

I would prefer the cowleys on 09:04 - Mar 1 with 1193 viewsnodge_blue

I would prefer the cowleys on 08:55 - Mar 1 by Herbivore

We also have full backs who can get up and down in Kenlock and Matheson (and KVY if he ever gets fit) and we also have CBs who can play out in Woolfenden and, to a lesser extent, Chambers when he moves back there.

We also have plenty of options to play the wide attacking roles: Bennetts, Sears, Lankester, Dobra, Thomas, Edwards, even Jackson if used correctly rather than being told to hug the touchline.

The personnel we have should be perfectly able to play 4-2-3-1 well, the issue has been having a manager with no clue how to set us up properly.

Kenlock in recent games yes. And def KVY but he's not played for 18 months properly.

I was half waiting for Woolfenden as your centre back answer. Have you been watching his passing out of centre half? He was virtually giving them assists the last match he played. He may have a future but right now he's not the answer. Our best centre backs are good at defending. Not for building attacks from the back.

I don't know why all those wide players have looked ineffective. But largely they have. Maybe it is coaching. Dobra I like for the future. Lankester pre injuries I like. Edwards is hit and miss. Bennetts is a threat but I think he has played better in his current wide right midfield position when he's running from deeper. Jackson and Sears - no. Only as through the middle strikers.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 9:05]

I would prefer the cowleys on 09:07 - Mar 1 with 1161 viewsStokieBlue

I would prefer the cowleys on 09:04 - Mar 1 by nodge_blue

Kenlock in recent games yes. And def KVY but he's not played for 18 months properly.

I was half waiting for Woolfenden as your centre back answer. Have you been watching his passing out of centre half? He was virtually giving them assists the last match he played. He may have a future but right now he's not the answer. Our best centre backs are good at defending. Not for building attacks from the back.

I don't know why all those wide players have looked ineffective. But largely they have. Maybe it is coaching. Dobra I like for the future. Lankester pre injuries I like. Edwards is hit and miss. Bennetts is a threat but I think he has played better in his current wide right midfield position when he's running from deeper. Jackson and Sears - no. Only as through the middle strikers.

I'm not really sure Bennetts is playing RM at the moment.

We are virtually playing 4-2-3-1 with Parrot, Judge and Bennetts in behind Norwood but with more fluid changing of positions. I believe Cook allows the 3 to attack and swap whereas Lambert essentially made them midfields which made all his formations 5 in midfield and 1 up front rather than 3 attacking mids with less defensive responsibilities.

SB

I would prefer the cowleys on 09:10 - Mar 1 with 1149 viewsBluefish

1 up top doesn't have to mean Shambert type football. It is about a team being set up in the right way. The concept for Shambert of possession at the back and isolation up top will not be copied by anyone. Technically all of these new formations are made up anyway, they are just tweaks on the real formations for simple football supporters. There are only 3 outfield positions, defender, midfielder or forward. A 4231 could be a 442 or a 433 depending on the personnel and how they are used.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I would prefer the cowleys on 09:10 - Mar 1 with 1145 viewsHerbivore

I would prefer the cowleys on 09:04 - Mar 1 by nodge_blue

Even discounting Sears and Jackson, which I don't agree with, we still have tons of wide options.

Woolfenden hasn't been playing great, but I don't think playing alongside McGuiness has done him any favours and there's clearly been some friction with Lambert going all the way back to preseason as well. He was largely very good last season.

I'm also not sure why you think we have to have ball playing CBs to play 4-2-3-1 but not to play other formations that use a flat back 4?

I would prefer the cowleys on 09:12 - Mar 1 with 1127 viewsgordon

Good point, it really helps a lot to have a manager who has played at the highest level, for massive clubs, in massive stadiums and won the biggest trophies in the game.
I would prefer the cowleys on 09:13 - Mar 1 with 1120 viewsWD19

I would prefer the cowleys on 08:40 - Mar 1 by Wallingford_Boy

Even the worlds most patronising man can be right from time to time.
I would prefer the cowleys on 09:18 - Mar 1 with 1093 viewsgordon

I would prefer the cowleys on 07:59 - Mar 1 by StokieBlue

SB

Exactly, have said this loads of times, with Mick I remember a few games where we played 4-2-3-1, and the 3 were Waghorn, McGoldrick and Celina.
I would prefer the cowleys on 09:20 - Mar 1 with 1080 viewsgordon

To be fair, I'd prefer the Cowleys as well - for the remainder of this season all we really need is a simple system and a positive, enthusiastic manager.
I would prefer the cowleys on 09:27 - Mar 1 with 1041 viewsnodge_blue

I would prefer the cowleys on 09:07 - Mar 1 by StokieBlue

I'm not really sure Bennetts is playing RM at the moment.

We are virtually playing 4-2-3-1 with Parrot, Judge and Bennetts in behind Norwood but with more fluid changing of positions. I believe Cook allows the 3 to attack and swap whereas Lambert essentially made them midfields which made all his formations 5 in midfield and 1 up front rather than 3 attacking mids with less defensive responsibilities.

SB

Im not totally against a new manager trying again with 433 or variants of that.

I do think Lambert failed to coach it into the players right. Why should Crewe and Donnie be able to play it so much better than us?

I will give Cook my full support if he gets the job.

But I still would prefer the Cowleys.

I would prefer the cowleys on 09:33 - Mar 1 with 1011 viewsnodge_blue

I would prefer the cowleys on 09:10 - Mar 1 by Bluefish

1 up top doesn't have to mean Shambert type football. It is about a team being set up in the right way. The concept for Shambert of possession at the back and isolation up top will not be copied by anyone. Technically all of these new formations are made up anyway, they are just tweaks on the real formations for simple football supporters. There are only 3 outfield positions, defender, midfielder or forward. A 4231 could be a 442 or a 433 depending on the personnel and how they are used.

I agree with you really. But I do think that this passing through back to front game needs centre half that can control and pass the ball quickly and confidently. And a midfielder like Bostock who can always be available and constantly on the move into space. And a front 3 more like the red arrows than static and too far apart. Its a more complex system that is great too watch but seemingly harder to implement for us.

But maybe Cook will sort all that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024