Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
................................Employ a European manager...................... 07:43 - Mar 1 with 1424 viewseddiespearitt03

It is no co-incidence that many teams are performing better with foreign managers. Leeds ...Wolves....Brentford....Norwich etc are doing slightly better and are more open to recruiting good players because of a broader avenue of sourcing flair players that make a difference. Mostly because of their past contacts.

Unfortunately we seem to stick to the same ideology and notion that finds us recruiting UK managers from what is available. I believe it is time to start thinking outside the box.
................................Employ a European manager...................... on 07:46 - Mar 1 with 1399 viewsDanTheMan

We can't because of Brexit.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

................................Employ a European manager...................... on 07:47 - Mar 1 with 1384 viewsWD19

Jaap Stan, Philip Cocu, Edgar Davids....

What we need to do is hire a good manager who turns out to be successful. Personally I think someone who understands League 1 and the Championship, with a good network of connections, needs to be our priority.
................................Employ a European manager...................... on 07:48 - Mar 1 with 1375 viewsWeWereZombies

Shefki or Hermann?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

................................Employ a European manager...................... on 07:53 - Mar 1 with 1331 viewslowhouseblue

................................Employ a European manager...................... on 07:47 - Mar 1 by WD19

Jaap Stan, Philip Cocu, Edgar Davids....

What we need to do is hire a good manager who turns out to be successful. Personally I think someone who understands League 1 and the Championship, with a good network of connections, needs to be our priority.

and even then it's just as much of a throw of the dice as it has been on the previous 5 occasions.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

................................Employ a European manager...................... on 07:55 - Mar 1 with 1318 viewsStokieBlue

All of those are at the top of the Championship or recently been in the PL.

Do you have any suggestions of a foreign manager you expect will be attracted to a L1 club sitting 8th it whatever?

Surely now isn't the time to think outside the box? Surely it's time to get someone who knows the English leagues and has gotten teams promoted before?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

................................Employ a European manager...................... on 07:56 - Mar 1 with 1306 viewshatch

Paul Cook is European.
................................Employ a European manager...................... on 07:58 - Mar 1 with 1294 viewsWeWereZombies

................................Employ a European manager...................... on 07:55 - Mar 1 by StokieBlue

All of those are at the top of the Championship or recently been in the PL.

Do you have any suggestions of a foreign manager you expect will be attracted to a L1 club sitting 8th it whatever?

Surely now isn't the time to think outside the box? Surely it's time to get someone who knows the English leagues and has gotten teams promoted before?

SB

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink?

................................Employ a European manager...................... on 08:10 - Mar 1 with 1250 viewsStokieBlue

................................Employ a European manager...................... on 07:58 - Mar 1 by WeWereZombies

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink?

What's that an answer to? Who we can expect to attract?

He's the Burton manager and failed at a higher level.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

................................Employ a European manager...................... on 08:15 - Mar 1 with 1228 viewsChurchman

They can be an alien picked up by the Mars Rover for all I care. Are they a good fit? Are they any good?

To destroy my point, it’s Shefki for me. Bring on the madness and the goal celebration. My actual preference would still be Mowbray/Venus or Dyer + one. He deserves a chance and has to start somewhere. If it’s Cook, so be it. I know very little about the bloke tbh.
................................Employ a European manager...................... on 08:16 - Mar 1 with 1220 viewsmadmouse1959

Looks like Lambert played a blinder in convincing Evans to award him with an extended contract after a poor run of defeats. A win win situation for Mr Lambert and Taylor.
The same old names being thrown into the hat. When will we learn ?
Maybe it is time to be a bit smarter and head hunt a good young manager + coach from the Dutch/German/French etc leagues. Maybe not. It is a big transitional time at the club.

shampoo dave

................................Employ a European manager...................... on 08:17 - Mar 1 with 1209 viewsSwansea_Blue

................................Employ a European manager...................... on 07:56 - Mar 1 by hatch

Paul Cook is European.

As has every manager been since Evans took over.

What we need is someone from Wakanda.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

................................Employ a European manager...................... on 08:19 - Mar 1 with 1198 viewsthebooks

Worth looking at. Mick Mills was good on this subject a couple of weeks back, advising that we’re just open about to any possibility, rather than deciding we need a firefighter/younghungrytracksuit/old lag who knows the league/ex-player etc. We went down that route most disastrously with Paul Hurst.

Not having a Paul would be nice.
................................Employ a European manager...................... on 08:23 - Mar 1 with 1173 viewsDanTheMan

................................Employ a European manager...................... on 08:19 - Mar 1 by thebooks

Worth looking at. Mick Mills was good on this subject a couple of weeks back, advising that we’re just open about to any possibility, rather than deciding we need a firefighter/younghungrytracksuit/old lag who knows the league/ex-player etc. We went down that route most disastrously with Paul Hurst.

Not having a Paul would be nice.

Unless they have spent a decent amount of time in a "top" league they won't even get a work permit.

And I doubt anyone who qualifies for the above would enjoy slumming it in League One.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 8:26]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

................................Employ a European manager...................... on 08:35 - Mar 1 with 1131 viewsWeWereZombies

................................Employ a European manager...................... on 08:10 - Mar 1 by StokieBlue

What's that an answer to? Who we can expect to attract?

He's the Burton manager and failed at a higher level.

SB

1) He is European

2) Burton Albion were Fourth Division champions under his stewardship

Boxes ticked, we have to employ him...and it's your fault.

Oh, just checked his Wikipedia page and although he played internationally for Netherlands he was born in Suriname!

HASSELBAINK OUT

................................Employ a European manager...................... on 08:39 - Mar 1 with 1114 viewsSwansea_Blue

................................Employ a European manager...................... on 08:23 - Mar 1 by DanTheMan

Unless they have spent a decent amount of time in a "top" league they won't even get a work permit.

And I doubt anyone who qualifies for the above would enjoy slumming it in League One.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 8:26]

So Pep or Klopp then? I don't know why people are so resistant, they sound ok to me. Pep likes the slow build up though, so that probably wouldn't go down too well with our fans.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

................................Employ a European manager...................... on 08:59 - Mar 1 with 1074 viewsMJallday

Wasn’t lambert German or something?

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

................................Employ a European manager...................... on 09:01 - Mar 1 with 1056 viewshoppy

................................Employ a European manager...................... on 08:59 - Mar 1 by MJallday

Wasn’t lambert German or something?

I think so. You could tell by the accent.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

................................Employ a European manager...................... on 09:05 - Mar 1 with 1029 viewsTangledupin_Blue

................................Employ a European manager...................... on 07:56 - Mar 1 by hatch

Paul Cook is European.

As are Paul Lambert, Paul Hurst and Paul Jewell.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

................................Employ a European manager...................... on 09:08 - Mar 1 with 1018 viewsWeWereZombies

................................Employ a European manager...................... on 09:05 - Mar 1 by Tangledupin_Blue

As are Paul Lambert, Paul Hurst and Paul Jewell.

Paul van Himst - managed Belgium, and was in 'Escape to Victory'.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024