Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, just to be clear, the feel good factor lasted 7 hours... 07:47 - Mar 1 with 3658 viewsSwailsey

Now it’s:

Cook isn’t good enough
Lambert told Evans some home truths
Takeover is bad news

Jesus Christ people. Can’t we just be happy for a DAY?

Just one day; please. I swear people hide in the woodwork until some positivity happens and then they dive in. Even if it’s trolling, it’s exhausting and depressing.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

So, just to be clear, the feel good factor lasted 7 hours... on 07:56 - Mar 1 with 3276 viewsPJH

Personally I think it is a question of wait and see.

The future might be better and it might not be but no need to go overboard in either direction yet.

As I have said before, when the Shareholders meeting backed the Marcus Evans takeover I phoned my son to say that we had just bought our Premier League place back so I am not rejoicing about this apparently wonderful new news yet.
So, just to be clear, the feel good factor lasted 7 hours... on 07:59 - Mar 1 with 3239 viewsSwailsey

So, just to be clear, the feel good factor lasted 7 hours... on 07:56 - Mar 1 by PJH

The future might be better and it might not be but no need to go overboard in either direction yet.

As I have said before, when the Shareholders meeting backed the Marcus Evans takeover I phoned my son to say that we had just bought our Premier League place back so I am not rejoicing about this apparently wonderful new news yet.

I totally understand that, and I don’t mean that we should be waving money again, but:

Our owner isn’t good enough: It looks like he is selling
Our manager clearly wasn’t good enough: He’s gone

At the very least people should be neutral right; not negative? (Not directed at you by the way, obviously!)
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 9:18]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

So, just to be clear, the feel good factor lasted 7 hours... on 08:02 - Mar 1 with 3187 viewsTractorWood

Lambert going should have happened months ago.

Evans going will make me genuinely happy and hopeful of lasting improvement at ITFC.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

So, just to be clear, the feel good factor lasted 7 hours... on 08:03 - Mar 1 with 3170 viewsPJH

So, just to be clear, the feel good factor lasted 7 hours... on 07:59 - Mar 1 by Swailsey

I totally understand that, and I don’t mean that we should be waving money again, but:

Our owner isn’t good enough: It looks like he is selling
Our manager clearly wasn’t good enough: He’s gone

At the very least people should be neutral right; not negative? (Not directed at you by the way, obviously!)
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 9:18]

I agree that at least one of those two points are reasons to be happy but the assumption for many (myself included) was that nothing could go wrong when ME arrived so I am not assuming that again now.
So, just to be clear, the feel good factor lasted 7 hours... on 08:08 - Mar 1 with 3096 viewsBlueySwede

I used to enjoy this forum very much, and I still do but to a lesser extent. We seem to live in an age where everybody knows best, everybody is a football manager deep down.
The negative and reactive far more outweighs the positive and constructive posts.
If you react to something and think someone is too harsh,"you are a snowflake" or a "happy clapper".
I think internet and social media is a good thing in general, but there is no denying it has done something to our mentality.
Again, sorry for my poor english.
So, just to be clear, the feel good factor lasted 7 hours... on 08:10 - Mar 1 with 3060 viewsSenatorBlue

Feel good factor still holding strong here, and will be even greater when we have; (a) a new manager, (b) new owners, (c) and an experienced football board. Whereas beginning of last week I was wondering how much lower we would get, I start this week with optimism we’ve now bottomed out and will start to build again. The 2 wins inspired by Gill have also done wonders.

In true Kevin Keegan style, I’d love it if we steamrollered an unlikely promotion now.
So, just to be clear, the feel good factor lasted 7 hours... on 08:11 - Mar 1 with 3042 viewsChurchman

Lambert has gone. He was useless so unless they re-employ Hurst who could do worse?

Lambert tells Evans some home truths - about time too.. He is awful and we are League One going one way thanks to him. He is accountable, Lambert is responsible.

The takeover is bad news: without major change, the club dies. Look at its 13 year direction of travel that followed Sheepshanks’ incompetence. The club was dead. A shadow fading away.

Ok this is a step into the unknown, but I hope it happens. It feels like a no lose gamble to me. It’s good news.
So, just to be clear, the feel good factor lasted 7 hours... on 08:19 - Mar 1 with 2969 viewstextbackup

How is lambert telling ME some home truths us not being happy?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

So, just to be clear, the feel good factor lasted 7 hours... on 08:20 - Mar 1 with 2948 viewsBseaBlue

He has a great record and proven at this level and keeping a team in the championship (Technically)

Other championship clubs have wanted him.

What do people honestly expect? It's probably the same people saying they didn't want the Cowleys that are now saying they would prefer them to Cook! They were my preferred choice (if Mogga was a no go) but ultimately delighted if we can secure someone with Cook's success
So, just to be clear, the feel good factor lasted 7 hours... on 08:22 - Mar 1 with 2914 viewsSwailsey

So, just to be clear, the feel good factor lasted 7 hours... on 08:19 - Mar 1 by textbackup

How is lambert telling ME some home truths us not being happy?

Sorry, I meant there seemed to be a slight undercurrent of “well done PL”, granted a minority!

So, just to be clear, the feel good factor lasted 7 hours... on 08:23 - Mar 1 with 2883 viewsN2_Blue

So, just to be clear, the feel good factor lasted 7 hours... on 08:20 - Mar 1 by BseaBlue

He has a great record and proven at this level and keeping a team in the championship (Technically)

Other championship clubs have wanted him.

What do people honestly expect? It's probably the same people saying they didn't want the Cowleys that are now saying they would prefer them to Cook! They were my preferred choice (if Mogga was a no go) but ultimately delighted if we can secure someone with Cook's success

Cook was my first choice...way prefer him to the Cowleys.

I am happy!

The takeover...it's a bit meh....but change is needed. Whether it works out remains to be seen, but the change we have cried out for is happening on all levels.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

So, just to be clear, the feel good factor lasted 7 hours... on 08:25 - Mar 1 with 2850 viewsnodge_blue

So, just to be clear, the feel good factor lasted 7 hours... on 08:08 - Mar 1 by BlueySwede

I used to enjoy this forum very much, and I still do but to a lesser extent. We seem to live in an age where everybody knows best, everybody is a football manager deep down.
The negative and reactive far more outweighs the positive and constructive posts.
If you react to something and think someone is too harsh,"you are a snowflake" or a "happy clapper".
I think internet and social media is a good thing in general, but there is no denying it has done something to our mentality.
Again, sorry for my poor english.

You have a point. I think that’s the internet in general though. You can’t please everyone all of the time.

Take it all with a level head and keep on supporting the blues!

And you have good English!

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

So, just to be clear, the feel good factor lasted 7 hours... on 08:28 - Mar 1 with 2800 viewsSwansea_Blue

So, just to be clear, the feel good factor lasted 7 hours... on 07:56 - Mar 1 by PJH

100% this. Or rather 110% as it's a football forum (sometimes).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So, just to be clear, the feel good factor lasted 7 hours... on 08:37 - Mar 1 with 2684 viewsunstableblue

Hey - Lambert going is brilliant

Cook would most definitely be step up... and given our league position, he seems a high calibre to hire

Great news also that it seems Gill may have had a big part in our recent upturn in form, and is in place as caretaker.

BUT, as per my post last night, the board has quite rightly been giddy about a US takeover, BUT now reality is set in we need to realise there are large inherent risks to this deal, and it’s right to consider Ashton with some caution given the record and feedback coming out of Bristol City.

But Lamberts gone - celebrate!!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

So, just to be clear, the feel good factor lasted 7 hours... on 08:40 - Mar 1 with 2648 viewsHerbivore

Indeed. Lambert is gone and the favourite for the job is a manager who pretty much every other side at this level would love to have as their manager, and a few above were keen too, and yet people are now comparing him to Hurst and Lambert. The only similarity is their first name.

Lambert is gone, this is fantastic news for the club. If it ends up being Cook we've got ourselves a proven manager who plays good football. Of course any new appointment can carry a degree of risk, but who out there is clearly a better candidate? Chill the feck out and just be happy that we've got rid of one of the two most hopeless managers in the club's history.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So, just to be clear, the feel good factor lasted 7 hours... on 09:15 - Mar 1 with 2508 viewsHarry_Palmer

Quite. It's very strange that people are questioning Cook already. In the position we currently find ourselves there is probably not a ( realistic ) manager out there with a better track record.

Of course that doesn't guarantee he will be a success here but past performance is a pretty good indicator and something Evans clearly overlooked when appointing Lambert. It's hard to imagine what some people are actually expecting. Moon on a stick springs to mind.
So, just to be clear, the feel good factor lasted 7 hours... on 09:17 - Mar 1 with 2483 viewsDubtractor

Too bloody right mate.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

So, just to be clear, the feel good factor lasted 7 hours... on 09:23 - Mar 1 with 2427 viewsKieran_Knows

Did you expect anything less from this forum?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

So, just to be clear, the feel good factor lasted 7 hours... on 09:28 - Mar 1 with 2368 viewsJ2BLUE

It’s amazed me how many slow and steady (even if it’s steady decline) risk averse fans we have. The Evans era has been an absolute shambles and finally we have some hope. Yes it could go as bad or maybe even worse but it would seem unlikely. Yet we still have people who would prefer another 20 years of the same crap rather than take any risks at all.

The club NEEDS this takeover. What pisses me off is the section of the site who refuse to show any excitement because they are terrified it might not work out and someone might link back to a thread of them showing a bit of enthusiasm.

God forbid people live in the moment for a while and just enjoy the fact that there is the POSSIBILITY that we will have much better times to come.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So, just to be clear, the feel good factor lasted 7 hours... on 09:47 - Mar 1 with 2257 viewsEireannach_gorm

Cook out could be a term of endearment.
So, just to be clear, the feel good factor lasted 7 hours... on 09:49 - Mar 1 with 2230 viewschicoazul

You must be new here.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So, just to be clear, the feel good factor lasted 7 hours... on 09:57 - Mar 1 with 2185 viewsBathBlue

Too right. I’m ecstatic!
So, just to be clear, the feel good factor lasted 7 hours... on 09:57 - Mar 1 with 2178 viewsOsborneOneNil

So, just to be clear, the feel good factor lasted 7 hours... on 09:28 - Mar 1 by J2BLUE

It’s amazed me how many slow and steady (even if it’s steady decline) risk averse fans we have. The Evans era has been an absolute shambles and finally we have some hope. Yes it could go as bad or maybe even worse but it would seem unlikely. Yet we still have people who would prefer another 20 years of the same crap rather than take any risks at all.

The club NEEDS this takeover. What pisses me off is the section of the site who refuse to show any excitement because they are terrified it might not work out and someone might link back to a thread of them showing a bit of enthusiasm.

God forbid people live in the moment for a while and just enjoy the fact that there is the POSSIBILITY that we will have much better times to come.

Yep, spot on.

Exciting times.
So, just to be clear, the feel good factor lasted 7 hours... on 10:12 - Mar 1 with 2095 viewsbritbiker

There are some on here who will dislike any new manager appointment just so they can state that they were correct when it invariably goes wrong. Lets face it nearly all managers eventually get the sack after a number of years as very few clubs can be successful in the current climate of the super greedy clubs.

At best most clubs would be happy just to get to mid table in the championship consistently. That is our initial goal but once there its only normal to want more.
I still remember Charlton fans moaning about not being higher up in the Premier League after years of stability. And Wigan fans moaning about fighting relagation each year. Seems silly now.
I'm just happy that there is something happening after another two years of inept performances.
So, just to be clear, the feel good factor lasted 7 hours... on 10:35 - Mar 1 with 2016 viewsBlueNomad

We are on the verge of an exciting adventure. We don't know how it will end up but the numbness and boredom of watching / supporting the club is soon to be replaced with something that, in the short / medium term, gets us going again.

I am never an over-optimistic person but I do think it's going to be fun!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024