Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stand out games for Lambert... 12:07 - Mar 1 with 1643 viewsSitfcB

From a fans in attendance point of view, Mick obviously had loads, Hurst had Swansea...

Can’t think of many to be honest, particularly at home, Leeds the last day of the season maybe?

And Fleetwood away, that’s about it.

[EDIT: Not sure how I could forget Tranmere away, that’s definitely top of my list of favourites]
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 12:26]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Stand out games for Lambert... on 12:08 - Mar 1 with 1337 viewsdavblue

Wimbledon at home purely for the last 10 minutes. The game was crap and we didn't play well, but the last minute goal on the back on some decent results started to give some hope that we were going to do alright despite the not great performances.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 12:10]
Stand out games for Lambert... on 12:09 - Mar 1 with 1310 viewsbournemouthblue

Blackpool away this season was fairly good, if only for the quality of the goals

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Stand out games for Lambert... on 12:10 - Mar 1 with 1304 viewsSwailsey

Rotherham in his first season I'd say.

Collins was immense - the passion he had at the end was great to see.

Other than that....maybe the last game of the relegation season when Dozzell scored?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Stand out games for Lambert... on 12:10 - Mar 1 with 1285 viewsMrTown

Fleetwood was a good result, didn't we performed that well and the ground was a dog hole.

Quite enjoyed Reading away, and Rotherham win at home in Champ.

Very little to choose from.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Stand out games for Lambert... on 12:11 - Mar 1 with 1254 viewsdavblue

Stand out games for Lambert... on 12:10 - Mar 1 by Swailsey

Other than that....maybe the last game of the relegation season when Dozzell scored?

that Rotherham game was just us backs to the wall against Rotherham side that outplayed us!

Good result but that was awful also.
Stand out games for Lambert... on 12:15 - Mar 1 with 1212 viewsthebooks

There was a decent atmosphere at the start of our first L1 season, especially at the Sunderland match (a fairly streaky draw), and when we beat Tranmere and Shrewsbury reasonably convincingly. Even then we weren’t great, but there was some belief in the North Stand.

The loss to Fleetwood at home was quite a wild night, what with Get Out of Our Club songs to Marcus Evans.
Stand out games for Lambert... on 12:16 - Mar 1 with 1186 viewsChurchman

Hammering Blackpool away this season. Thumping anyone is a jewel amongst the dross of scraping results here and there season after season. I thought at that point PL might be on to developing a proper team. But no, we were sonny back to the usual mediocre efforts.

The Leeds game was fun, but there was nothing in it for them so it wasn’t really a full on competitive game.
Stand out games for Lambert... on 12:18 - Mar 1 with 1167 viewstractordownsouth

Shrewsbury at home last season was good. Didn't go myself but the sun was out, 2 goals up in the first 10 minutes, Downes scored his diving header, we won 3-0 and were top of the league.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Login to get fewer ads

Stand out games for Lambert... on 12:18 - Mar 1 with 1168 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Bit random but MK Dons away when he came over and gave it the bigun at full time... Packed away end, loud as f*kk, Lambert doing his fist pump thingys and Chambo running over

I was still buzzing days after that game
Stand out games for Lambert... on 12:20 - Mar 1 with 1149 viewsGuthrum

Oxford away in the pouring rain was quite something, if not for the actual football.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Stand out games for Lambert... on 12:20 - Mar 1 with 1142 viewsthebooks

Stand out games for Lambert... on 12:11 - Mar 1 by davblue

that Rotherham game was just us backs to the wall against Rotherham side that outplayed us!

Good result but that was awful also.

Yeah, I have to say I found that a bit embarrassing. I think the players were a bit nonplussed at our reaction at getting an incredibly hard-fought win at home to Rotherham.
Stand out games for Lambert... on 12:20 - Mar 1 with 1139 viewsIP4_Blue

Stand out games for Lambert... on 12:10 - Mar 1 by Swailsey

Yes we won 1v0 Collins was immense think Will Keane scored the winner
Stand out games for Lambert... on 12:21 - Mar 1 with 1134 viewsSitfcB

Stand out games for Lambert... on 12:18 - Mar 1 by abracaDOBRA_

Bit random but MK Dons away when he came over and gave it the bigun at full time... Packed away end, loud as f*kk, Lambert doing his fist pump thingys and Chambo running over

I was still buzzing days after that game

Ah yeah MK was a good one.

COYB

Stand out games for Lambert... on 12:22 - Mar 1 with 1110 viewsSitfcB

Stand out games for Lambert... on 12:09 - Mar 1 by bournemouthblue

Blackpool away this season was fairly good, if only for the quality of the goals

Yeah that’s the stand out for this season but no fans there :(

COYB

Stand out games for Lambert... on 12:23 - Mar 1 with 1104 viewsbluethomas

Southend away wasn't bad. Old school ground, quite local and a decent victory!
Stand out games for Lambert... on 12:23 - Mar 1 with 1105 viewsSteve_M

I enjoyed the start of last season, Burton away, Sunderland at home (although we didn't win), Shrewsbury at home and then Tranmere at home. None of those particularly count, some that do:

- Wigan and Rotherham wins. They weren't enough but the former particularly was massive at the time, just to see a win.

- Gillingham away. Last day of Summer 2019, thousands of Town fans on the scaffolding stand, decent win and Steve Evans chuntering away gracelessly in defeat.

- Tranmere away. Probably my favourite matchday of the PL era. Decent pub at lunchtime with good friends, a chance to reminisce about student days in Liverpool and an away win from a goal down.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Stand out games for Lambert... on 12:24 - Mar 1 with 1080 viewsSwailsey

Stand out games for Lambert... on 12:20 - Mar 1 by thebooks

Yeah, I have to say I found that a bit embarrassing. I think the players were a bit nonplussed at our reaction at getting an incredibly hard-fought win at home to Rotherham.

The players went crazy at full-time, not sure if you're thinking of another game?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Stand out games for Lambert... on 12:25 - Mar 1 with 1070 viewsSitfcB

Stand out games for Lambert... on 12:23 - Mar 1 by Steve_M

I enjoyed the start of last season, Burton away, Sunderland at home (although we didn't win), Shrewsbury at home and then Tranmere at home. None of those particularly count, some that do:

- Wigan and Rotherham wins. They weren't enough but the former particularly was massive at the time, just to see a win.

- Gillingham away. Last day of Summer 2019, thousands of Town fans on the scaffolding stand, decent win and Steve Evans chuntering away gracelessly in defeat.

- Tranmere away. Probably my favourite matchday of the PL era. Decent pub at lunchtime with good friends, a chance to reminisce about student days in Liverpool and an away win from a goal down.

Ahhh blimey how could I forget Tranmere away, definitely top of my list!

COYB

Stand out games for Lambert... on 12:27 - Mar 1 with 1049 viewsSitfcB

Stand out games for Lambert... on 12:23 - Mar 1 by bluethomas

Southend away wasn't bad. Old school ground, quite local and a decent victory!

Another one I forgot, trouble is there was so much sh!t it’s hard to remember the good ones haha.

COYB

Stand out games for Lambert... on 12:30 - Mar 1 with 1015 viewsthebooks

Stand out games for Lambert... on 12:24 - Mar 1 by Swailsey

The players went crazy at full-time, not sure if you're thinking of another game?

Perhaps I’m misremembering. In my mind I can see James Collins in his sports bra, looking up at the crowd with a bemused look on his face.
Stand out games for Lambert... on 12:33 - Mar 1 with 996 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Stand out games for Lambert... on 12:36 - Mar 1 with 972 viewsSwailsey

Stand out games for Lambert... on 12:30 - Mar 1 by thebooks

Perhaps I’m misremembering. In my mind I can see James Collins in his sports bra, looking up at the crowd with a bemused look on his face.

Ha no. I think if anything the crowd were confused.

He punched the air at the end with Toto and Chambers, both really red faced. That was the only time under PL that I felt we may survive.

What a crock of sh** that turned out to be!
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 12:37]

Stand out games for Lambert... on 12:45 - Mar 1 with 918 viewsxrayspecs

Posh away last season. Last minute equaliser.
Stand out games for Lambert... on 13:19 - Mar 1 with 821 viewsreusersfreekicks

Reading away not long after he took over. Was 2-2 but we should have won. Jordan Roberts making a nuisance of himself up front. Skuse spraying 40yd passes about. Looked promising.....sigh
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 13:22]
Stand out games for Lambert... on 13:23 - Mar 1 with 790 viewsBluedanW

Stand out games for Lambert... on 13:19 - Mar 1 by reusersfreekicks

Reading away not long after he took over. Was 2-2 but we should have won. Jordan Roberts making a nuisance of himself up front. Skuse spraying 40yd passes about. Looked promising.....sigh
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 13:22]

MK dons away and Southend away.

It pretty much went downhill after that Halloween game.

I won the bus stop in the Southend social club before kick off as well, that made it special too lol.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024