Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? 13:51 - Mar 1 with 3236 viewsCokeIsKey

https://t.co/J7TjzZTzF7

O'Neill: No Offer on Table For Town 1st Mar 2021 14:43
General manager of football operations Lee O’Neill says there is no offer currently on the table for the Blues, despite interest from a US-backed consortium, and that owner Marcus Evans’s stance remains unchanged. 43

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 13:56 - Mar 1 with 2414 viewsgroovyASH

No, he's saying there's no bid on the table currently.

Doesn't mean that there hasn't been months of negotiations and it doesn't mean a bid isn't coming imminently.

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 13:56 - Mar 1 with 2410 viewsGeoffSentence

That is an explicit denial. Cripes. Curb your enthusiasm chaps, might be notihng happening after all.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 13:58 - Mar 1 with 2323 viewsKieran_Knows

Just never any joined up thinking at this club what so ever. One person says one thing, and another person says another.

Hopefully under new ownership everyone will be singing off the same hymn sheet.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 13:59 - Mar 1 with 2312 viewsBlueySwede

Even if things were happening I doubt he would be able to say much. Lets wait and see.
Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 14:01 - Mar 1 with 2253 viewssnudge27

He would say that, though, wouldn't he.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if, knowing that they're getting the club at a bargain price, the potential new owners have made the current ownership sign a non-disclosure clause until it's all done and dusted.

If the figures are correct, £15m-£20m for a debt-free ITFC is a very very good deal.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 14:03]

Poll: Who is the best Lord?

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 14:04 - Mar 1 with 2171 viewshomer_123

He's correct to say there isn't.

He's probably bound by a non-disclosure clause that stops him talking about it.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 14:05 - Mar 1 with 2126 viewsRegencyBlue

I genuinely doubt he knows one way or the other!

Word is the shareholders other than Evans are as much in the dark as we are about what’s going on. Evans is not the greatest communicator as we know!
Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 14:05 - Mar 1 with 2118 viewsThatMuhrenCross

Paul Cook will be the biggest clue.

No way would he come here to have no budget under Evans. He'll only turn down Championship clubs for us if he knows he can really build something here.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Login to get fewer ads

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 14:07 - Mar 1 with 2068 viewsBrightonBlue

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 14:04 - Mar 1 by homer_123

He's correct to say there isn't.

He's probably bound by a non-disclosure clause that stops him talking about it.

Exactly that. They aren't just going to blurt it out. May also be a case of Evans trying to drum up wider interest to expedite the deal.
Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 14:08 - Mar 1 with 2054 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I'd be OK with this.

Just pleased Lambert has gone.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 14:09 - Mar 1 with 2033 viewswkj

With takeovers you have to deny it to the hilt until the ink is dry or else you're inviting all sorts of pitfalls and traps.

That is not to say I believe in this takeover as I am very sceptical but remain optimistic.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 14:09 - Mar 1 with 1999 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 14:11 - Mar 1 with 1953 viewsGuthrum

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 14:05 - Mar 1 by RegencyBlue

I genuinely doubt he knows one way or the other!

Word is the shareholders other than Evans are as much in the dark as we are about what’s going on. Evans is not the greatest communicator as we know!

If Evans is selling his stake (or most of it), would he have to consult the minority shareholders?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I think this is the key line.... on 14:11 - Mar 1 with 1956 viewsunstableblue

... "“He’s not actively looking to sell the football club but, as he’s always said, if there was an offer on the table from anyone who was interested in taking the football club over and they were going to provide SIGNIFICANT INVESTMENT GOING FORWARD then he would always look at that. "

For me this still implies that Marcus feels a duty of care, as Sheepshanks did before him.

Rather than just sell to get out, I think Marcus is going to look at the business plan, put a marker that he is selling based on X... and it the new consortia fails to meet the stated X, then he's got the high ground.

Or am I giving Marcus too much credit?
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 14:16]

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 14:11 - Mar 1 with 1955 viewsmarchy

O'Neill: Lambert's Job is Safe 1st Dec 2020 10:54
Town general manager of football operations Lee O’Neill says owner Marcus Evans has no plans to make a managerial change despite being aware of fans’ frustrations regarding performances and results under boss Paul Lambert. 78

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 14:13 - Mar 1 with 1877 viewsBryanPlug

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 14:11 - Mar 1 by marchy

O'Neill: Lambert's Job is Safe 1st Dec 2020 10:54
Town general manager of football operations Lee O’Neill says owner Marcus Evans has no plans to make a managerial change despite being aware of fans’ frustrations regarding performances and results under boss Paul Lambert. 78

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 14:15 - Mar 1 with 1840 viewssnudge27

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 14:09 - Mar 1 by BryanPlug

If there's an NDA in place, even something as low-key as 'I can't discuss it right now' might be construed as a breach.

Poll: Who is the best Lord?

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 14:17 - Mar 1 with 1759 viewsKieran_Knows

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 14:15 - Mar 1 by snudge27

If there's an NDA in place, even something as low-key as 'I can't discuss it right now' might be construed as a breach.

It's just the way he goes from 'no offer for club' to 'Lambert going is separate issue to that'. Just amateurish.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 14:17 - Mar 1 with 1760 viewsBryanPlug

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 14:15 - Mar 1 by snudge27

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 14:19 - Mar 1 with 1718 viewsSamWhiteUK

Admittedly, it's 3rd hand news, but my brother says his mate works at one of the insurance firms in Ipswich. An employee there says he has been doing the auditing etc, and has known about the takeover "for ages"
Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 14:19 - Mar 1 with 1703 viewshype313

Yep, and there were no tanks entering Baghdad...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 14:24 - Mar 1 with 1589 viewsMonkeyAlan

It's way off if there is one. Why would any manager take a job on where he didn't know who his boss was? This smacks of an Evans appointment. He isn't going anywhere yet.
Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 14:25 - Mar 1 with 1558 viewsRonFearonsHair

Presumably the costs involved with repairing the training ground after the fire have led to a dramatic round of renegotiations.
Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 14:27 - Mar 1 with 1527 viewsGeorge03

But can he legally come out and say anything about the takeover until the deal is done? Like an NDA put in place as it involves individual that are currently in work with other clubs.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 14:28]
Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 14:39 - Mar 1 with 1383 viewsRegencyBlue

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 14:11 - Mar 1 by Guthrum

If Evans is selling his stake (or most of it), would he have to consult the minority shareholders?

Legally probably no, as a matter of curtesy at least I would have thought yes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024