Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If there isn't a take over imminent 14:00 - Mar 1 with 1557 viewsnodge_blue

Lambert must really have had a massive fall out with Evans.

I doubt Evans was really in the mood to sack him given that a take over may occur and he could have left that to the new owners.

It feels like Lambert just forced his hand. That maybe no bad thing.

How ironic that performances have been much better with him disinterested and Gill doing more.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

If there isn't a take over imminent on 14:07 - Mar 1 with 1474 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Being sh1te for 2.5 years and then going on national radio to mock his owner should be enough.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

If there isn't a take over imminent on 14:07 - Mar 1 with 1466 viewsBlueySwede

"How ironic that performances have been much better with him disinterested and Gill doing more."
Or maybe Lambert just found the right formation and team?
Even if I wanted Lambert out, he didn´t get EVERYTHING wrong in my opinion. He was able to get it right sometimes, just not often enough.
If there isn't a take over imminent on 14:13 - Mar 1 with 1409 viewsnodge_blue

If there isn't a take over imminent on 14:07 - Mar 1 by BlueySwede

"How ironic that performances have been much better with him disinterested and Gill doing more."
Even if I wanted Lambert out, he didn´t get EVERYTHING wrong in my opinion. He was able to get it right sometimes, just not often enough.

The best stuff Lambert did was off the pitch. Much of what he said about the running down of the club is true and how that mis management in general has got us there. His engagement with the fans and promise to try and play good football. All that was great.

But the number of good performances over two years - you could count on your fingers.

Thats not trying to be negative, provocative, keyboard warrior. Its just a fact.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

If there isn't a take over imminent on 14:17 - Mar 1 with 1346 viewsMonkeyAlan

The more l look at it the less l think there is any takeover. Why would Cook or anyone take on a job where they didn't know who their bosses was going to be? It doesn't look like anything on the takeover front is anywhere near being done, if at all so l presume this is purely an Evans appointment.
If there isn't a take over imminent on 14:28 - Mar 1 with 1269 viewsBlueySwede

If there isn't a take over imminent on 14:13 - Mar 1 by nodge_blue

The best stuff Lambert did was off the pitch. Much of what he said about the running down of the club is true and how that mis management in general has got us there. His engagement with the fans and promise to try and play good football. All that was great.

But the number of good performances over two years - you could count on your fingers.

Thats not trying to be negative, provocative, keyboard warrior. Its just a fact.

I agree. But still I think he was in charge for these two latest games. We were capable of winning under Lambert, just not often enough.
If there isn't a take over imminent on 14:45 - Mar 1 with 1163 viewsBlueBadger

If there isn't a take over imminent on 14:13 - Mar 1 by nodge_blue

Trouble is, all that fine talk was, like all the other stuff from the 'PRP' era, surface dressing designed to get the gullible element onside rather than actually for anyone's good other than his own.

Every time he looked like being a bit in trouble he busted out the veiled(and not-so-veiled) criticisms of Evans.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If there isn't a take over imminent on 14:46 - Mar 1 with 1147 viewsBlueBadger

If there isn't a take over imminent on 14:28 - Mar 1 by BlueySwede

I agree. But still I think he was in charge for these two latest games. We were capable of winning under Lambert, just not often enough.

We generally won in spite of him, not because of him.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

If there isn't a take over imminent on 17:10 - Mar 1 with 960 viewsBlueBadger

Like nearly all the good things he did, it was something he stumbled into accidentally and/or left to people who actually knew what they were doing and then took the credit for it.

Login to get fewer ads

If there isn't a take over imminent on 17:13 - Mar 1 with 943 viewschrismakin

It's been confirmed that others have been more involved in selection etc for the past few games, there was nothing to suggest after 2.5 years against Oxford we would suddenly see 7 changes, high press etc from a Lambert team.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

If there isn't a take over imminent on 19:02 - Mar 1 with 805 viewsBent_double

If there isn't a take over imminent on 17:13 - Mar 1 by chrismakin

It's been confirmed that others have been more involved in selection etc for the past few games, there was nothing to suggest after 2.5 years against Oxford we would suddenly see 7 changes, high press etc from a Lambert team.

Wilson coming back into the team must have been someone else's doing - I can't believe he just recovered from being out injured for 3 months and went straight into the team. More likely he's been available for a few weeks, but Lambert persisted with Woolf and Paddy.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024