Quantcast
Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"He did the best job he could do with the players he had" 14:53 - Mar 1 with 781 viewsElderGrizzly

Really? Did he?

The club is really an absolute mess. What does he expect the new man to do without a transfer window then?

"He did the best job he could do with the players he had" on 14:55 - Mar 1 with 757 viewsJ2BLUE

He's being diplomatic.

Lets be honest, anything LON says can safely be ignored. He's a minor player in whatever is happening.

Poll: Would you vote Labour to avoid a Boris led government?

"He did the best job he could do with the players he had" on 14:55 - Mar 1 with 753 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

I suppose you could argue that there is a difference between the best job that Paul Lambert could do and the best that could be done.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

"He did the best job he could do with the players he had" on 14:55 - Mar 1 with 746 viewsSamWhiteUK

He did the best job he could do

Poll: Which of Harrop/Thomas will be injured in their first game?

"He did the best job he could do with the players he had" on 14:56 - Mar 1 with 727 viewsElderGrizzly

"He did the best job he could do with the players he had" on 14:55 - Mar 1 by You_Bloo_Right

I suppose you could argue that there is a difference between the best job that Paul Lambert could do and the best that could be done.

Good point!
"He did the best job he could do with the players he had" on 14:58 - Mar 1 with 691 viewsElderGrizzly

"He did the best job he could do with the players he had" on 14:55 - Mar 1 by J2BLUE

He's being diplomatic.

Lets be honest, anything LON says can safely be ignored. He's a minor player in whatever is happening.

Like he denies there is a takeover, but then in the next breath says this is separate from any takeover.

Back to my point earlier. Will he even be here in any new regime because he is rightly tainted with this nonsense.

"He did the best job he could do with the players he had" on 14:58 - Mar 1 with 691 viewsBlueBadger

He bought or gave extended contracts to most of them....
[Post edited 1 Mar 14:58]

Ham>Lam
Poll: Lambert's gone, Evans has gone who should go next?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

"He did the best job he could do with the players he had" on 15:00 - Mar 1 with 656 viewsWD19

"He did the best job he could do with the players he had" on 14:55 - Mar 1 by J2BLUE

He's being diplomatic.

Its not diplomatic, it is the sort of thing only a cretin would say.

Fine to say "It didn't work out as anyone would have liked"...

But to suggest Lambert did the best he could makes O'Neill look a complete tool.

"He did the best job he could do with the players he had" on 15:01 - Mar 1 with 642 viewswkj

Says a lot about Lambert's best then doesn't it

http://www.twitter.com/wkjezz3306
Poll: Does the takeover change your stance on buying a Season Ticket?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

"He did the best job he could do with the players he had" on 15:02 - Mar 1 with 633 viewsDubtractor

"He did the best job he could do with the players he had" on 15:00 - Mar 1 by WD19

But to suggest Lambert did the best he could makes O'Neill look a complete tool.

Yep, I had a few WTF moments reading that article.

Fine to be diplomatic, but he is defending him as if he is still the manager!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty?

"He did the best job he could do with the players he had" on 15:04 - Mar 1 with 621 viewsHerbivore

If that's the best he can do with that squad then he shouldn't be a football manager.

It's like when some people still defend the government's handling of the pandemic by saying that they are doing the best that they can. That may well be true, but if it is they should be nowhere near government.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

"He did the best job he could do with the players he had" on 15:07 - Mar 1 with 596 viewsJ2BLUE

"He did the best job he could do with the players he had" on 15:00 - Mar 1 by WD19

Actually now I think about it a bit deeper, he's thrown our squad under the bus to defend Lambert...

My opinion of LON isn't high. I hope he's one of the first out the door.
[Post edited 1 Mar 15:10]

"He did the best job he could do with the players he had" on 15:08 - Mar 1 with 589 viewsBlueBadger

"He did the best job he could do with the players he had" on 15:04 - Mar 1 by Herbivore

If that's the best he can do with that squad then he shouldn't be a football manager.

It's like when some people still defend the government's handling of the pandemic by saying that they are doing the best that they can. That may well be true, but if it is they should be nowhere near government.

They're doing their best is what you say when an under-10's team is losing 12-0, not when you've Played For Big Clubs or are presiding over 120,000+ deaths.

Ham>Lam
Poll: Lambert's gone, Evans has gone who should go next?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

"He did the best job he could do with the players he had" on 15:12 - Mar 1 with 555 viewsWD19

"He did the best job he could do with the players he had" on 15:07 - Mar 1 by J2BLUE

Actually now I think about it a bit deeper, he's thrown our squad under the bus to defend Lambert...

My opinion of LON isn't high. I hope he's one of the first out the door.
[Post edited 1 Mar 15:10]

It has got me ticking to be honest........

I hear a lot about how O'Neill is a good bloke slightly out of his depth.....

...but that interview has tipped me over the edge. I want him gone, never to return. It is moronic from start to finish. Its almost like Lambert is the most famous football person he has ever worked with and he is so star struck he can't help but agree with everything he ever said and did.

No wonder the club has been such a mess.
"He did the best job he could do with the players he had" on 15:14 - Mar 1 with 539 viewsFtnfwest

"He did the best job he could do with the players he had" on 15:01 - Mar 1 by wkj

Says a lot about Lambert's best then doesn't it

says even more about LON's footballing acumen
"He did the best job he could do with the players he had" on 15:15 - Mar 1 with 533 viewsDanTheMan

"He did the best job he could do with the players he had" on 15:04 - Mar 1 by Herbivore

Doing your best is a minimum expectation really.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

"He did the best job he could do with the players he had" on 15:17 - Mar 1 with 507 viewsJ2BLUE

"He did the best job he could do with the players he had" on 15:12 - Mar 1 by WD19

It has got me ticking to be honest........

I hear a lot about how O'Neill is a good bloke slightly out of his depth.....

...but that interview has tipped me over the edge. I want him gone, never to return. It is moronic from start to finish. Its almost like Lambert is the most famous football person he has ever worked with and he is so star struck he can't help but agree with everything he ever said and did.

No wonder the club has been such a mess.

The bar is set low for the likes of LON as we all know he's a powerless lightning rod and that's fair enough, he has a job to do, BUT he consistently manages to limbo under the bar and talk to us like we're all idiots.

"He did the best job he could do with the players he had" on 15:18 - Mar 1 with 495 viewswkj

"He did the best job he could do with the players he had" on 15:14 - Mar 1 by Ftnfwest

says even more about LON's footballing acumen

I mean, let's face it - LON is in the position of Milne and Clegg, and no one really ever knew what their function was (including themselves) - Sooo... he fits right in for the position of "Chief Make it up as we go along"

http://www.twitter.com/wkjezz3306
Poll: Does the takeover change your stance on buying a Season Ticket?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

"He did the best job he could do with the players he had" on 15:21 - Mar 1 with 474 viewsTractorCam

Sooner this takeover happens and we don't have to hear this clown dribble nonsense to the media the better.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

"He did the best job he could do with the players he had" on 15:24 - Mar 1 with 451 viewsWD19

"He did the best job he could do with the players he had" on 15:18 - Mar 1 by wkj

I mean, let's face it - LON is in the position of Milne and Clegg, and no one really ever knew what their function was (including themselves) - Sooo... he fits right in for the position of "Chief Make it up as we go along"

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."

"He did the best job he could do with the players he had" on 15:25 - Mar 1 with 441 viewsRobTheMonk

Hasn't O'Neill basically said here that the players were not/are not good enough at the moment? Great message to be sending out there, Lee!

Better off just saying that we've decided to part ways and leave it at that.

"He did the best job he could do with the players he had" on 16:08 - Mar 1 with 355 viewsDarth_Koont

Debatable but probably fair enough with the team he inherited from Hurst in the Championship.

But since relegation, and being supported through a number of transfer windows to accumulate a massive and unwieldy squad, then it’s patently b@ll@cks.

Also why throw the players that are still here under the bus? Collectively, I can’t see how they can be blamed.

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2021