Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will we give Mick a big Portman Road welcome 16:23 - Mar 1 with 2379 viewsMeadowlark

when he brings Cardiff here in next season's Championship?
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 16:23]
Will we give Mick a big Portman Road welcome on 16:25 - Mar 1 with 2351 viewsMattinLondon

If that happens then of course.

We’re still not even in the playoffs and Cardiff could easily make and win their playoffs.
Will we give Mick a big Portman Road welcome on 16:39 - Mar 1 with 2283 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

...if they extend his deal.

...you would think they will.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Will we give Mick a big Portman Road welcome on 16:40 - Mar 1 with 2269 viewsSwailsey

Yes, I would really hope so.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Will we give Mick a big Portman Road welcome on 16:42 - Mar 1 with 2317 viewsMullet

You'd hope in that scenario those who know they got it so wrong would either keep schtum or never come back anyway. I would think Mick is still proud of the job here etc. and would rightly only bear a grudge to those who said and did way too much, but who wouldn't?

At least this takeover might expediate the recovery to where Mick had us to a matter of years not decades.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Will we give Mick a big Portman Road welcome on 16:42 - Mar 1 with 2251 viewsMattinLondon

Will we give Mick a big Portman Road welcome on 16:39 - Mar 1 by Marshalls_Mullet

...if they extend his deal.

...you would think they will.

Maybe they simply want an old dependable hand to steady the ship until the end of the season. Then get someone more ‘exciting’ during the close season.

But you would think that if he gets them into the playoffs then he deserves a full season.
Will we give Mick a big Portman Road welcome on 16:43 - Mar 1 with 2236 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Will we give Mick a big Portman Road welcome on 16:42 - Mar 1 by MattinLondon

Maybe they simply want an old dependable hand to steady the ship until the end of the season. Then get someone more ‘exciting’ during the close season.

But you would think that if he gets them into the playoffs then he deserves a full season.

Nothing would surprise me in football!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Will we give Mick a big Portman Road welcome on 16:44 - Mar 1 with 2231 viewslongtimefan

Will we give Mick a big Portman Road welcome on 16:40 - Mar 1 by Swailsey

Yes, I would really hope so.

You would, but unfortunately I can’t help feeling they’d be quite a few numbskulls booing him.
Will we give Mick a big Portman Road welcome on 16:51 - Mar 1 with 2191 viewspositivity

surely he'll have got them in the champions league places by then?

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Login to get fewer ads

Will we give Mick a big Portman Road welcome on 16:51 - Mar 1 with 2191 viewsWD19

Will we give Mick a big Portman Road welcome on 16:44 - Mar 1 by longtimefan

You would, but unfortunately I can’t help feeling they’d be quite a few numbskulls booing him.

"Some people might"

"But some people can......."
Will we give Mick a big Portman Road welcome on 16:51 - Mar 1 with 2191 viewsJ2BLUE

Yes, him and TC.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Will we give Mick a big Portman Road welcome on 16:52 - Mar 1 with 2176 viewsyoungy288

If it’s still called Portman Road by then ;)
Will we give Mick a big Portman Road welcome on 17:08 - Mar 1 with 2127 viewsSitfcB

I’d like to think so.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Will we give Mick a big Portman Road welcome on 19:10 - Mar 1 with 1974 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Will we give Mick a big Portman Road welcome on 19:19 - Mar 1 with 1930 viewsChurchman

Ok I wasn’t his biggest fan, but he was here a long while in football terms and I would give him a round of applause as thanks his time here.

The Bobby Robson welcome when he came with Newcastle in 2001 for the first time as a club manager is the one I remember. That was really special and the least he deserved.
Will we give Mick a big Portman Road welcome on 19:31 - Mar 1 with 1906 viewsbrogansnose

I will give him a good welcome. He saved us from relegation when he came in and then got us to the playoffs and in doing so gave me some memorable days at PR and away. I loved that playoff season which for me was the only decent part of Evans tenure.
Will we give Mick a big Portman Road welcome on 23:22 - Mar 1 with 1744 viewstextbackup

Personally I’d treat him the same as every other away manager, where I don’t acknowledge they are even in the stadium, unless they play up on the sidelines and there’s a chant aimed at them for about 10secs.
‘X what’s the score’

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Will we give Mick a big Portman Road welcome on 23:27 - Mar 1 with 1728 viewshatch

It’s mad to think that we were falling down League One earlier this season with Southampton top of the Prem.

Now, a lot of ifs and buts but theoretically we could be playing each other in the league in August. Ings vs Kenlock.
Will we give Mick a big Portman Road welcome on 08:17 - Mar 2 with 1503 viewsKeaneish

Will we give Mick a big Portman Road welcome on 16:42 - Mar 1 by Mullet

You'd hope in that scenario those who know they got it so wrong would either keep schtum or never come back anyway. I would think Mick is still proud of the job here etc. and would rightly only bear a grudge to those who said and did way too much, but who wouldn't?

At least this takeover might expediate the recovery to where Mick had us to a matter of years not decades.

...this post.

We stand at the threshold of a new chapter and era in the history of ITFC and Mullet still can’t let go the bitter resentment that Mick left years ago. Time to look to the future, not the past. These divisive, finger pointing messages are awful in the current scheme of things. It’s a down vote from me.

Back to the OPs question, despite the acrimonious end he’ll get a warm round of applause from me and a thanks for a job partially well done. If he learnt some humility, it might be a standing ovation but let’s face it, I doubt he will have.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Will we give Mick a big Portman Road welcome on 11:50 - Mar 2 with 1363 viewsSwailsey

Will we give Mick a big Portman Road welcome on 19:31 - Mar 1 by brogansnose

I will give him a good welcome. He saved us from relegation when he came in and then got us to the playoffs and in doing so gave me some memorable days at PR and away. I loved that playoff season which for me was the only decent part of Evans tenure.

This!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Will we give Mick a big Portman Road welcome on 11:53 - Mar 2 with 1342 viewsBluefish

Will we give Mick a big Portman Road welcome on 16:42 - Mar 1 by Mullet

You'll get some of the numbskulls with that one. Decent effort

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Will we give Mick a big Portman Road welcome on 11:55 - Mar 2 with 1333 viewspointofblue

I fear there will be rounds of boos if he does return; I hope I’m wrong though. Personally I think he deserves a warm welcome.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024