Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are Labour under Starmer the worst-ever major political party? 19:16 - Mar 1 with 7475 viewsDarth_Koont

Utterly shocking how useless and pointless they are as a political project. They’re even incompetent at pushing their “flagship” competence idea.

FWIW I don’t even blame Starmer. He could still be a decent, thoughtful and principled man. I blame the empty suits in the team around him who look to be stuck somewhere in the last century and are seemingly devoid of any ideas about how to tackle 2021 and beyond.

Pronouns: He/Him

Are Labour under Starmer the worst-ever major political party? on 19:17 - Mar 1 with 3674 viewsDarth_Koont

And yes, now we’ve sorted out Lambert it’s time to start righting the other major wrongs 😀

Are Labour under Starmer the worst-ever major political party? on 19:18 - Mar 1 with 3672 viewsSteve_M

Well, they are a big improvement on the previous Labour leadership so that's a start. But then you are just doing what Glassers does the other way and repeating the same post on a daily basis just looking for a reaction.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Are Labour under Starmer the worst-ever major political party? on 19:25 - Mar 1 with 3608 viewsDarth_Koont

Are Labour under Starmer the worst-ever major political party? on 19:18 - Mar 1 by Steve_M

Well, they are a big improvement on the previous Labour leadership so that's a start. But then you are just doing what Glassers does the other way and repeating the same post on a daily basis just looking for a reaction.

How are they an improvement when they’re literally being outflanked on every single issue and with an utterly benign media who are of course more than happy to see that happen?

You and others needed to pull your head out of the sand a few years back, Steve.

Are Labour under Starmer the worst-ever major political party? on 19:30 - Mar 1 with 3565 viewshype313

Worst ever is a bit of a stretch, but he's certainly not cutting through to the populous, or even his base.

Labour have got an identity crisis, doesn't help when you have factions of the party pulling people in all different directions.

Annalise Dodds can't lay a glove on Sunak, which given the state of the countries finances, is outrageous.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Are Labour under Starmer the worst-ever major political party? on 19:31 - Mar 1 with 3557 viewsreusersfreekicks

Not by a long way. Next
Are Labour under Starmer the worst-ever major political party? on 19:35 - Mar 1 with 3534 viewsitfcjoe

Are Labour under Starmer the worst-ever major political party? on 19:30 - Mar 1 by hype313

Worst ever is a bit of a stretch, but he's certainly not cutting through to the populous, or even his base.

Labour have got an identity crisis, doesn't help when you have factions of the party pulling people in all different directions.

Annalise Dodds can't lay a glove on Sunak, which given the state of the countries finances, is outrageous.

Sunak has basically given away money left, right and centre for the last 12 months - any chancellor would be popular after doing that.

Everyone knows the finances are dicey now, but most agree there was no other choice and most people and businesses have been looked after

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Are Labour under Starmer the worst-ever major political party? on 19:36 - Mar 1 with 3526 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It is nearly as worrying how happy the electorate are with this government as it was when Corbyn led the opposition. I am not sure the issue is so much with the way the party is as the fact that the electorate are more than happy with the Government of Brexit, corruption and high Covid deaths as long as they continue to oppose a dozen immigrants coming across the Channel.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Are Labour under Starmer the worst-ever major political party? on 19:37 - Mar 1 with 3513 viewsBluefish

Are Labour under Starmer the worst-ever major political party? on 19:18 - Mar 1 by Steve_M

As I pointed out the other day, watching DK struggle with the end of the corb cult will be very similar to watching to maga crowd cope post trump

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

Are Labour under Starmer the worst-ever major political party? on 19:38 - Mar 1 with 3510 viewsTrequartista

There's a pandemic on where a lot of people approve of cross party unity, so there is not really much they can do - which doesn't really matter much as an election is miles away.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Are Labour under Starmer the worst-ever major political party? on 19:41 - Mar 1 with 3482 viewsDarth_Koont

Are Labour under Starmer the worst-ever major political party? on 19:30 - Mar 1 by hype313

I’d call it an idea crisis. The Labour right don’t know what they stand for beyond making themselves useful to the establishment. And developing their own careers in and around politics where it pays to be unencumbered by principles and resulting policies, in order to dutifully serve more powerful interests.

A democracy needs some semblance of an opposition and an alternative. Especially to our current government.

Are Labour under Starmer the worst-ever major political party? on 19:42 - Mar 1 with 3479 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Are Labour under Starmer the worst-ever major political party? on 19:42 - Mar 1 with 3474 viewsfactual_blue

They have their failings, but they're no SNP.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Are Labour under Starmer the worst-ever major political party? on 19:43 - Mar 1 with 3463 viewsCoastalblue

No, but the sooner the main parties disappear, become irrelevant the better.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Are Labour under Starmer the worst-ever major political party? on 19:46 - Mar 1 with 3446 viewsMaySixth

No.
Worse under Corbyn as the poll results prove.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Are Labour under Starmer the worst-ever major political party? on 19:47 - Mar 1 with 3433 views26_Paz

Labour under Corbyn. The Tories under William Hague. The Tories under Iain Duncan Smith. That’s just in my living memory and I’m only 34 ...

The Paz Man

Are Labour under Starmer the worst-ever major political party? on 19:48 - Mar 1 with 3433 viewsDarth_Koont

Are Labour under Starmer the worst-ever major political party? on 19:37 - Mar 1 by Bluefish

As I pointed out the other day, watching DK struggle with the end of the corb cult will be very similar to watching to maga crowd cope post trump

The comparison still makes little sense unless you don’t really understand politics and political ideas.

Are Labour under Starmer the worst-ever major political party? on 19:53 - Mar 1 with 3392 viewsStokieBlue

Are Labour under Starmer the worst-ever major political party? on 19:41 - Mar 1 by Darth_Koont

I’d call it an idea crisis. The Labour right don’t know what they stand for beyond making themselves useful to the establishment. And developing their own careers in and around politics where it pays to be unencumbered by principles and resulting policies, in order to dutifully serve more powerful interests.

A democracy needs some semblance of an opposition and an alternative. Especially to our current government.

For months now you've ignored context entirely.

We are in the middle of a pandemic, going crazy with alternative policies at the moment would be pointless and would likely alienate even more support. The Tories are giving away money as they have no choice so it's hard to even promise more state intervention.

It's much more important to get through the pandemic, let the Tories have a surge and then let it be eroded over the next few years. That is the time to make new and bold policies and be an alternative.

Worst ever party indeed. The previous leadership are the ones that got us into this position. Continually asking for policies didn't change the realities of the world we are currently in.

Now I know you'll totally disagree, call me naïve and carry on. I'll let you do that and others can continue from here.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Are Labour under Starmer the worst-ever major political party? on 19:54 - Mar 1 with 3384 viewspointofblue

Are Labour under Starmer the worst-ever major political party? on 19:47 - Mar 1 by 26_Paz

Labour under Corbyn. The Tories under William Hague. The Tories under Iain Duncan Smith. That’s just in my living memory and I’m only 34 ...

Have to admit I was going to point out the Conservatives were an utter and complete mess until Cameron took over. Hague could have been a decent leader but took over at the wrong time.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Are Labour under Starmer the worst-ever major political party? on 19:54 - Mar 1 with 3374 viewsBluefish

Are Labour under Starmer the worst-ever major political party? on 19:48 - Mar 1 by Darth_Koont

The comparison still makes little sense unless you don’t really understand politics and political ideas.

All cults and fanatics have similarities. They won't be able to see just like you can't

Starmer has far more chance of being elected than corbz

Are Labour under Starmer the worst-ever major political party? on 20:13 - Mar 1 with 3320 viewsDarth_Koont

Still waiting to here why they’re not pointless and useless.

Have a sleep on it, guys. And let’s see if we can give it a proper go tomorrow and come up with some genuine positives.

Are Labour under Starmer the worst-ever major political party? on 20:21 - Mar 1 with 3275 viewspointofblue

Labour need to work out what they want to be and ground some policies based on that ideal. At the moment they seem to lack direction, purpose and vision. Admittedly we should be some way off a general election but we’re approaching the point where the country will require a post pandemic rebuild, and more than one outlook needs to be on the table.

I remember reading an article, it may have been been posted by you DK, from the Guardian outlining that somehow the party had found themselves on the right of the Conservatives when it came to Corporation Tax.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Are Labour under Starmer the worst-ever major political party? on 20:28 - Mar 1 with 3244 viewsDarth_Koont

Are Labour under Starmer the worst-ever major political party? on 20:21 - Mar 1 by pointofblue

Labour need to work out what they want to be and ground some policies based on that ideal. At the moment they seem to lack direction, purpose and vision. Admittedly we should be some way off a general election but we’re approaching the point where the country will require a post pandemic rebuild, and more than one outlook needs to be on the table.

I remember reading an article, it may have been been posted by you DK, from the Guardian outlining that somehow the party had found themselves on the right of the Conservatives when it came to Corporation Tax.

Not sure it was me, but think it was the same thread.

Them getting even the most vanilla social democracy wrong, let alone anything more progressive than that has been like a sick joke.

Are Labour under Starmer the worst-ever major political party? on 20:31 - Mar 1 with 3229 viewsPinewoodblue

Are Labour under Starmer the worst-ever major political party? on 20:21 - Mar 1 by pointofblue

All they know is they want to oppose the government, presumable this is why they seem intent to oppose an increase in corporation tax.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Are Labour under Starmer the worst-ever major political party? on 20:36 - Mar 1 with 3207 viewsBluefish

Are Labour under Starmer the worst-ever major political party? on 20:13 - Mar 1 by Darth_Koont

Still waiting to here why they’re not pointless and useless.

Have a sleep on it, guys. And let’s see if we can give it a proper go tomorrow and come up with some genuine positives.

Just let it go with corbz like everyone else has. He isn't coming back and he is irrelevant for everyone else, his only legacy is wasting a golden opportunity (more than one) to beat some useless Tories

Are Labour under Starmer the worst-ever major political party? on 20:39 - Mar 1 with 3202 viewsMelford

Are Labour under Starmer the worst-ever major political party? on 19:35 - Mar 1 by itfcjoe

Sunak has basically given away money left, right and centre for the last 12 months - any chancellor would be popular after doing that.

Everyone knows the finances are dicey now, but most agree there was no other choice and most people and businesses have been looked after

I would have never expected the Tories to come up with something like the Furlough scheme, getting 80% of your wages when you can't work. Around this time last year I was looking at being laid off, Furlough was such a relief when it came in.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024