Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Slater on Talking Town... 21:38 - Mar 1 with 2774 viewsStudentBlue

Did anyone tune in to the Matt Slater (Athletic journalist who broke the takeover story) interview earlier on Talking Town?

Was a great listen.

Poll: How will you be voting tomorrow?

Matt Slater on Talking Town... on 21:43 - Mar 1 with 2637 viewsPattiswickBlue

Yes! Loads of interesting bits of information. Especially that Up until the last few weeks there have been two interested parties!
Matt Slater on Talking Town... on 08:41 - Mar 2 with 1855 viewsSixtoP

Yeh was a good listen, interesting he thinks the new owners will be driven by data and look to utilise the academy more.

Feels like the club is finally going to be run properly and be more forward thinking.
Matt Slater on Talking Town... on 08:46 - Mar 2 with 1808 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

Fair play to the Talking Town guys as not normally my cup of tea with their style of presenting. But they were patient in their listening to Matt and asked the right questions at the right time.

A really good, informative listen

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

Matt Slater on Talking Town... on 08:48 - Mar 2 with 1782 viewsRegencyBlue

Matt Slater on Talking Town... on 08:41 - Mar 2 by SixtoP

Yeh was a good listen, interesting he thinks the new owners will be driven by data and look to utilise the academy more.

Feels like the club is finally going to be run properly and be more forward thinking.

Our recruitment definitely needs a big shake up.
Matt Slater on Talking Town... on 08:50 - Mar 2 with 1766 viewsportmanking

Matt Slater on Talking Town... on 08:46 - Mar 2 by OhDavidMcgoldrick

Fair play to the Talking Town guys as not normally my cup of tea with their style of presenting. But they were patient in their listening to Matt and asked the right questions at the right time.

A really good, informative listen

Well, let's be honest. They just let Matt Slater speak for 45 mins didn't they? It was the Matt Slater show, not Talking Town. As you say, most of what they do is egotistical tripe. Amazing what can happen when you let the trained, well-connected journos do their thing instead....
Matt Slater on Talking Town... on 08:58 - Mar 2 with 1683 viewsSixtoP

Matt Slater on Talking Town... on 08:48 - Mar 2 by RegencyBlue

Our recruitment definitely needs a big shake up.

And the sports science department.. if it even exists.
Matt Slater on Talking Town... on 10:41 - Mar 2 with 1336 viewsChrisd

Completely agree. I know Talking Town isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I thought he was great value and spoke so well about our situation and the impending takeover. Lets just hope it happens, this American sounds exactly what we need to reignite us as a club.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Matt Slater on Talking Town... on 11:02 - Mar 2 with 1216 viewsgreyhound

Matt Slater on Talking Town... on 08:50 - Mar 2 by portmanking

Well, let's be honest. They just let Matt Slater speak for 45 mins didn't they? It was the Matt Slater show, not Talking Town. As you say, most of what they do is egotistical tripe. Amazing what can happen when you let the trained, well-connected journos do their thing instead....

I thought similar to be honest. They didn't actually question, interview or drill him on what he knew they just let him talk, laughed and giggled along.

Good guest to have on but a missed opportunity to elevate the platform and escape from the constant egotistical nonsense peddled on a virtual daily basis now.

Understand what they are trying to do but it's relentless, and the pure volume of shows detracts from impact.

Big question I have for the platform is what happens when fans are aloud back in as I understand they are all season ticket holders...
Login to get fewer ads

Matt Slater on Talking Town... on 17:41 - Mar 2 with 959 viewshatch

Listening to this now and it is interesting but Matt Slater sounds like the kind of guy that thinks he’s the most interesting person at a dinner party.
Matt Slater on Talking Town... on 17:42 - Mar 2 with 949 viewsSomethingBlue

Matt Slater on Talking Town... on 17:41 - Mar 2 by hatch

Listening to this now and it is interesting but Matt Slater sounds like the kind of guy that thinks he’s the most interesting person at a dinner party.

Honestly he's not like that at all.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Matt Slater on Talking Town... on 17:47 - Mar 2 with 890 viewshatch

Matt Slater on Talking Town... on 17:42 - Mar 2 by SomethingBlue

Honestly he's not like that at all.

Welcome to the forum, Matt
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024