Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil do you know who the second interested party was? 21:47 - Mar 1 with 3564 viewsGeorge03

Listened to matt slater on the talking town podcast and he said their was another party interested in Ipswich and put an offer in. Apparently they back away when they knew the Americans were interested.
Do you know who they were?
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 21:51]
Phil do you know who the second interested party was? on 21:51 - Mar 1 with 3503 viewsPhilTWTD

I'm aware of two other interested parties relatively recently, although I'm guessing they're probably not the same ones. I know one party met with ME and felt his price was far too high and walked away almost immediately. I think the other one thought the same but didn't pull out as quickly and may well have maintained their interest. I know someone with a connection to them and it went quiet after seeming promising, although this was a little while ago now, before the US thing started to get going, I think.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Phil do you know who the second interested party was? on 21:54 - Mar 1 with 3417 viewsGeorge03

Phil do you know who the second interested party was? on 21:51 - Mar 1 by PhilTWTD

I'm aware of two other interested parties relatively recently, although I'm guessing they're probably not the same ones. I know one party met with ME and felt his price was far too high and walked away almost immediately. I think the other one thought the same but didn't pull out as quickly and may well have maintained their interest. I know someone with a connection to them and it went quiet after seeming promising, although this was a little while ago now, before the US thing started to get going, I think.

Interesting. He mentioned it in context to lee O’Neil saying their had been no offers for the club, when there has been two.
I understand there probably a NDA but surely you would just not say anything than lie.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 21:55]
Phil do you know who the second interested party was? on 21:59 - Mar 1 with 3295 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil do you know who the second interested party was? on 21:54 - Mar 1 by George03

Interesting. He mentioned it in context to lee O’Neil saying their had been no offers for the club, when there has been two.
I understand there probably a NDA but surely you would just not say anything than lie.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 21:55]

Or Marcus may be keeping his cards very close to his chest even when it comes to those at Portman Road, which I know to some extent is true. But I don't really know, anything I say is just speculation.
Phil do you know who the second interested party was? on 22:04 - Mar 1 with 3180 viewsGeorge03

Phil do you know who the second interested party was? on 21:59 - Mar 1 by PhilTWTD

Or Marcus may be keeping his cards very close to his chest even when it comes to those at Portman Road, which I know to some extent is true. But I don't really know, anything I say is just speculation.

Indeed, will be interesting to see what happens in the coming days/weeks.
Phil do you know who the second interested party was? on 22:25 - Mar 1 with 2954 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Phil do you know who the second interested party was? on 21:59 - Mar 1 by PhilTWTD

But your understanding is that paperwork has been lodged with the EFL? What's your feeling on how advanced it really is?

We haven't been sold a massive dummy and they're going to.pop up and by Birmingham?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Phil do you know who the second interested party was? on 22:31 - Mar 1 with 2866 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil do you know who the second interested party was? on 22:25 - Mar 1 by BlueandTruesince82

But your understanding is that paperwork has been lodged with the EFL? What's your feeling on how advanced it really is?

We haven't been sold a massive dummy and they're going to.pop up and by Birmingham?

Yes, that's where it's at, so as I understand it it's very advanced.
Phil do you know who the second interested party was? on 22:37 - Mar 1 with 2777 viewsIpswich_Crazy

Phil do you know who the second interested party was? on 22:31 - Mar 1 by PhilTWTD

Phil, So this Takeover is happening?

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

Phil do you know who the second interested party was? on 22:38 - Mar 1 with 2748 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Phil do you know who the second interested party was? on 22:31 - Mar 1 by PhilTWTD

Cheers Phil. Fingers crossed

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Login to get fewer ads

Phil do you know who the second interested party was? on 22:42 - Mar 1 with 2696 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil do you know who the second interested party was? on 22:37 - Mar 1 by Ipswich_Crazy

Phil, So this Takeover is happening?

You can never say for certain but does seem to be.
Phil do you know who the second interested party was? on 23:35 - Mar 1 with 2391 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil do you know who the second interested party was? on 21:51 - Mar 1 by PhilTWTD

Having listened to it, I'm wondering whether the other party might have been one of those that I had heard about. Will have to ask around a bit more. If that's the case then I think there have been three showing interest recently as the one that walked away almost immediately wasn't that long ago, again assuming it wasn't them but I was told that was down to price rather than anyone else being in the running.

Interesting to hear MS mention a lot of things that we've reported that no one else had until today, ME keeping a five per cent stake and some of the training ground, Mike O'Leary being the prime mover among them.

Phil do you know who the second interested party was? on 23:40 - Mar 1 with 2336 viewsCoastalblue

Phil do you know who the second interested party was? on 23:35 - Mar 1 by PhilTWTD

Having listened to it, I'm wondering whether the other party might have been one of those that I had heard about. Will have to ask around a bit more. If that's the case then I think there have been three showing interest recently as the one that walked away almost immediately wasn't that long ago, again assuming it wasn't them but I was told that was down to price rather than anyone else being in the running.

Interesting to hear MS mention a lot of things that we've reported that no one else had until today, ME keeping a five per cent stake and some of the training ground, Mike O'Leary being the prime mover among them.

We all know you're the best and number one source Phil, no need to summarise it for us, we just know ;)

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Phil do you know who the second interested party was? on 23:41 - Mar 1 with 2331 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil do you know who the second interested party was? on 23:40 - Mar 1 by Coastalblue

We all know you're the best and number one source Phil, no need to summarise it for us, we just know ;)

Ha! Was more interested that he has evidently had his sources back up the info as well.
Phil do you know who the second interested party was? on 00:36 - Mar 2 with 2130 viewsDBlues

With the statement about Evans not “actively” looking to sell the club and there being 2 / 3 interested parties around the same time, you have to wonder if Evans sent out some sort of signal that he would sell or is it just coincidence?
[Post edited 2 Mar 2021 0:38]
Phil do you know who the second interested party was? on 07:04 - Mar 2 with 1670 viewsBluedanW

Phil do you know who the second interested party was? on 22:25 - Mar 1 by BlueandTruesince82

Is there any chance the EFL would reject the take over,?

Also Marcus Evans keeping a 5% stake. Any chance us season ticket holders can keep a 0.01% stake for our investment this season? Returned with a little bonus if we ever made the Premier league
[Post edited 2 Mar 2021 7:11]
Phil do you know who the second interested party was? on 07:46 - Mar 2 with 1455 viewsCheltenham_Blue

So perhaps Evans, "Not actively looking to sell the club, would listen to investors who can take the club forwards"

Was a late message to other interested parties.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Phil do you know who the second interested party was? on 07:56 - Mar 2 with 1372 viewshype313

Phil do you know who the second interested party was? on 07:04 - Mar 2 by BluedanW

Is there any chance the EFL would reject the take over,?

Also Marcus Evans keeping a 5% stake. Any chance us season ticket holders can keep a 0.01% stake for our investment this season? Returned with a little bonus if we ever made the Premier league
[Post edited 2 Mar 2021 7:11]

Given Ashton is on the EFL panfl I highly doubt it will have problems getting through

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024