Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This feels like the build up to Christmas as a child... 10:44 - Mar 2 with 382 viewspointofblue

Feeling very impatient for the Cook/takeover announcements to come. More so the first as I understand the takeover, if it happens, won’t be at least for a few weeks yet.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

This feels like the build up to Christmas as a child... on 10:47 - Mar 2 with 361 viewsitfctilidie

Even the little things at the moment are making me smile. I keep reading the words "Post Lambert" and it excites me
This feels like the build up to Christmas as a child... on 10:49 - Mar 2 with 339 viewshatch

Likewise.

I feel we should have a thread where people clearly state their level of support for both Cook and takeover so in 2 years when we’re either top of the prem or bottom of the conference then all those ‘I told you so’ comments can be ratified against a single thread.

I feel cautiously optimistic on both fronts and both seem an improvement on where we are currently. You would like to think we can’t sink any lower as a club - I’m not sure of a club with a similar infrastructure and history as ours that’s sunk any lower (other than Pompey and Coventry due to administration)
This feels like the build up to Christmas as a child... on 11:23 - Mar 2 with 289 viewsRegencyBlue

This feels like the build up to Christmas as a child... on 10:49 - Mar 2 by hatch

Likewise.

I feel we should have a thread where people clearly state their level of support for both Cook and takeover so in 2 years when we’re either top of the prem or bottom of the conference then all those ‘I told you so’ comments can be ratified against a single thread.

I feel cautiously optimistic on both fronts and both seem an improvement on where we are currently. You would like to think we can’t sink any lower as a club - I’m not sure of a club with a similar infrastructure and history as ours that’s sunk any lower (other than Pompey and Coventry due to administration)

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

I welcomed Evans takeover at the start because it seemed to offer hope after the years following Administration. It became abundantly clear once he was in however that he knew nothing about running a football club and the rest is history. Looking back at it we should have been more wary given his shadowy background and the fact we didn’t even know what he looked like for six or seven years, which tells you all you need to know about engagement with fans.

The takeover now could go horribly wrong but it could be very successful. We are only going to know one way or the other in the next few years. It appears to be football people involved and they look like they want to bring in proven people to run the club. That alone has to be a big step up on Evans who could have avoided many of the mistakes he made had he done the same.

Currently I welcome the takeover but accept in a few years I may feel differently, time will tell. One thing is for certain though, we couldn’t have survived many more years of Evans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024