Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Took myself off my self imposed iFollow exile last night 08:23 - Mar 3 with 587 viewshype313

And enjoyed the game, first 20 they were all over us but we started to get some composure, you could see there were nerves with Cook in the stand, but solid win to build on.

Just one slight groan, Norwood, he hustles and bustles up top, but as soon as he stepped up to take the Penalty I thought the keeper would save it, not a great penalty and then he missed a couple of big chances, maybe he's rusty but he just doesn't seem clinical enough for me, not just last night, but over the period of his time here he needs lots of chances to finally bury one. I thought maybe because I have been blessed over the years with such exquisite finishers (I'm thinking Marcus) that I am being unduly harsh, but I would like to see him with more cutting edge, maybe that will come in time once he's fully fit.

Oh and shout out to Toto, another rock solid display, if he plays like that, no nonsense then he will be a big asset to us. Think I remember posting a thread a t the beginning of the season along the lines of "There's a player in there" ...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Took myself off my self imposed iFollow exile last night on 08:29 - Mar 3 with 549 viewstractorboy1978

And yet he's bagged 3 winners in a row.

I do agree though, it's frightening how many goals he could have. Tranmere fans said the same about him.
Took myself off my self imposed iFollow exile last night on 08:30 - Mar 3 with 533 viewsSitfcB

If he scores one in every four chances and we win than nae bother!!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Took myself off my self imposed iFollow exile last night on 08:31 - Mar 3 with 524 viewshype313

Took myself off my self imposed iFollow exile last night on 08:29 - Mar 3 by tractorboy1978

And yet he's bagged 3 winners in a row.

I do agree though, it's frightening how many goals he could have. Tranmere fans said the same about him.

Yep, that's the annoyance, he could be on far bigger numbers, to be fair you could see the frustration in him.

As I say, given he hasn't really been fully fit, we might not have seen the best of him, but interesting you say Tranmere fans felt the same.

Took myself off my self imposed iFollow exile last night on 08:35 - Mar 3 with 489 viewshype313

Took myself off my self imposed iFollow exile last night on 08:30 - Mar 3 by SitfcB

If he scores one in every four chances and we win than nae bother!!

Indeed, might even start being prolific as he played under a guy who played for massive clubs, we should start seeing those experiences pay dividends.

Took myself off my self imposed iFollow exile last night on 08:39 - Mar 3 with 477 viewsHerbivore

The thing with Norwood is that he gets these chances because of his movement and work rate. I'm not his biggest fan, but we do tend to create more chances with him in the side because he finds good positions and unsettles defences. His lack of composure in front of goal is partly why League 1 is his ceiling but if fully fit for a season at this level he'd be worth 20+ goals I reckon, even with the chances he misses.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Took myself off my self imposed iFollow exile last night on 08:42 - Mar 3 with 459 viewshype313

Took myself off my self imposed iFollow exile last night on 08:39 - Mar 3 by Herbivore

The thing with Norwood is that he gets these chances because of his movement and work rate. I'm not his biggest fan, but we do tend to create more chances with him in the side because he finds good positions and unsettles defences. His lack of composure in front of goal is partly why League 1 is his ceiling but if fully fit for a season at this level he'd be worth 20+ goals I reckon, even with the chances he misses.

Agreed, if we can get out of this division with his goals then brilliant, but I think the Championship might be a league too far form him.

Took myself off my self imposed iFollow exile last night on 08:42 - Mar 3 with 457 viewsMetal_Hacker

As much as I like his work-rate ,his last 3 winners as people mention and his annoyance to defenders I don't honestly think he's the long term answer as the focal point up front if PC is going to play the one up front in the style we all suggest

I really like him and his tenacity but it's goals and a certain skill set that wins games

Poll: If it were one or the other

Took myself off my self imposed iFollow exile last night on 08:44 - Mar 3 with 439 viewsSteve_M

Took myself off my self imposed iFollow exile last night on 08:39 - Mar 3 by Herbivore

Six in ten stats, plus nine sub appearances isn't bad, it just could be better. We're definitely better with him in the team and it's clear he still isn't quite fit (he wasn't the only one last night that looked tired).

I thought that yesterday the penalty got to him a bit and he took too long with his subsequent chances which he wasn't able to do with the hardest one of the night which he scored.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Took myself off my self imposed iFollow exile last night on 08:47 - Mar 3 with 430 viewsRegencyBlue

Took myself off my self imposed iFollow exile last night on 08:31 - Mar 3 by hype313

Yep, that's the annoyance, he could be on far bigger numbers, to be fair you could see the frustration in him.

As I say, given he hasn't really been fully fit, we might not have seen the best of him, but interesting you say Tranmere fans felt the same.

Tranmere fans did say that when we first signed him.

Bottom line is that if he was able to take more of the chances he creates he wouldn’t be playing at this level. It will be interesting to see if Cook can improve him.
Took myself off my self imposed iFollow exile last night on 08:48 - Mar 3 with 404 viewsHerbivore

Took myself off my self imposed iFollow exile last night on 08:44 - Mar 3 by Steve_M

Six in ten stats, plus nine sub appearances isn't bad, it just could be better. We're definitely better with him in the team and it's clear he still isn't quite fit (he wasn't the only one last night that looked tired).

I thought that yesterday the penalty got to him a bit and he took too long with his subsequent chances which he wasn't able to do with the hardest one of the night which he scored.

I mentioned last night that he's far better in front of goal when he doesn't have time to think. Snap chances he buries more often that not, but his penalties are terrible and when he goes through one on one or has time to take a touch he misses more than he scores.

It's one of those where you have to accept he'll miss chances and look at the goals he does score. He gets more chances than any of our other forwards because of the way he plays and the threat he carries so on balance he's well worth a place in the side at the moment.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Took myself off my self imposed iFollow exile last night on 08:48 - Mar 3 with 405 viewsxrayspecs

Norwood is good enough for L1, but would need to be much more clinical if we step up a division.
Took myself off my self imposed iFollow exile last night on 08:50 - Mar 3 with 390 viewsjayessess

Finding space for 3 or 4 big chances a game is a huge thing for a striker. Watch the alternative angle on the Doncaster 2nd and you get a good sense for how well he reads the game:

He does really well here with his movement to both stay onside and react first to the ball coming back in.

He's not a pure striker of the ball though. There's a lot of air shots and scuffed shots not caught quite right. I don't imagine he's going to suddenly improve that side of his game aged 31.

That said, I think fans always under-estimate how many chances all strikers miss...

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024