Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brennar pretty scathing on Paul Lambert here 08:43 - Mar 3 with 6515 viewsitfcjoe

About how difficult he was etc, and then the compilation is pretty depressing - from 34:02

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p09751c8

"Not been a particularly pleasant last couple of years of my professional life following Ipswich Town with Paul Lambert in charge"
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 8:46]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Brennar pretty scathing on Paul Lambert here on 08:49 - Mar 3 with 4922 viewsITFCed

Poor Brenner, you feel like his hands were tied with the questions he could ask at the end of the tenure of Lambert. I’m sure Cook will be a nicer chap to speak to, onwards and upwards!

Poll: Who was the player of the tournament in your opinion?

Brennar pretty scathing on Paul Lambert here on 08:58 - Mar 3 with 4755 viewsdavblue

makes you wonder what has been said off the mic.

He was laughing and joking with Skysports before coming to BBC radio suffolk and being dour and unhelpful or something along those lines.

I suspect that's to protect future employment, Lamberts a game player we are better off without him.
Brennar pretty scathing on Paul Lambert here on 09:01 - Mar 3 with 4708 viewsFacefacts

Thanks for this. Should go viral, but the national press, TalkSport etc, won't understand. You have to be a supporter of this club to understand. It's impossible to research enough from the outside to make a judgment. Even that Jim White guy was trying very to understand Rich Woodward, but it's impossible for them. These recordings need to be part of a permanent record of PL, going forward, part of his national CV. Needs to be part of PL for when PL gets the chance to speak to the national media about how he started the ITFC march to the playoffs 2020-2021, and starts to look for another job. Probably thinks he can get the Celtic job.....! No one really understands unless you've been part of the last two years supporting our club, and you know our history, and it's part of you.
Brennar pretty scathing on Paul Lambert here on 09:03 - Mar 3 with 4669 viewsGeoffSentence

I hope this quote wasn't prophetic

"as one miserable reign at Ipswich Town ends though, another begins"

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Brennar pretty scathing on Paul Lambert here on 09:12 - Mar 3 with 4510 viewsWD19

Brennar pretty scathing on Paul Lambert here on 08:58 - Mar 3 by davblue

He was laughing and joking with Skysports before coming to BBC radio suffolk and being dour and unhelpful or something along those lines.

I suspect that's to protect future employment, Lamberts a game player we are better off without him.

You can see in the national press coverage of us then Lambert gets an easy ride.

....which suggests his game play works. He has clearly put effort into maintaining relations with journalists that he thinks can be useful to him outside of Suffolk.
Brennar pretty scathing on Paul Lambert here on 09:14 - Mar 3 with 4473 viewsKeno

I must admit I like Brennar a lot and think Lamberk gave him an hard time for no good reason

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Brennar pretty scathing on Paul Lambert here on 09:21 - Mar 3 with 4354 viewsghostofescobar

Not sure I've ever been so glad to see the back of a manager. Miserable, self important, over rated (by himself) charlatan.

GhostOfEscobar

Brennar pretty scathing on Paul Lambert here on 09:23 - Mar 3 with 4301 viewsHipsterectomy

I wonder what happened to the guy, did the experiences at Villa, Blackburn, Wolves, Stoke etc leave him a bitter, jaded mess? Ex-Norwich players don't have a bad word to say about him during his management there. Grant Holt considers him his hero in football etc

He kept bringing up how nothing in football gets to him and was ultra defensive in most interviews, even when we were winning

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Login to get fewer ads

Brennar pretty scathing on Paul Lambert here on 09:26 - Mar 3 with 4235 viewsdavblue

Brennar pretty scathing on Paul Lambert here on 09:12 - Mar 3 by WD19

You can see in the national press coverage of us then Lambert gets an easy ride.

....which suggests his game play works. He has clearly put effort into maintaining relations with journalists that he thinks can be useful to him outside of Suffolk.

He's been shocking nothing more nothing less.

When you hear about supporters wanting a manager out and the club is 8th/9th whatever, we can't make judgements, the supporters are usually right.

Mick done the same to us so we were made out to be the villains of the piece, when Mick didn't need to do that his record here with the backing was still a good job. He protected his brand, Lambert is trying to do the same without any kind of back up with results.

I would expect a good chairman to really be able to root out those issues on Lambert before giving him a job.
Brennar pretty scathing on Paul Lambert here on 09:32 - Mar 3 with 4108 viewsSwailsey

I mentioned that last night briefly - really is damning. Poor Brennar!
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 9:34]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Brennar pretty scathing on Paul Lambert here on 09:34 - Mar 3 with 4073 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Brennar pretty scathing on Paul Lambert here on 09:26 - Mar 3 by davblue

He's been shocking nothing more nothing less.

When you hear about supporters wanting a manager out and the club is 8th/9th whatever, we can't make judgements, the supporters are usually right.

Mick done the same to us so we were made out to be the villains of the piece, when Mick didn't need to do that his record here with the backing was still a good job. He protected his brand, Lambert is trying to do the same without any kind of back up with results.

I would expect a good chairman to really be able to root out those issues on Lambert before giving him a job.

I don't really care. Let other clubs employ him - it's their loss.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Brennar pretty scathing on Paul Lambert here on 09:43 - Mar 3 with 3954 viewsSteve_M

Brennar pretty scathing on Paul Lambert here on 09:23 - Mar 3 by Hipsterectomy

I wonder what happened to the guy, did the experiences at Villa, Blackburn, Wolves, Stoke etc leave him a bitter, jaded mess? Ex-Norwich players don't have a bad word to say about him during his management there. Grant Holt considers him his hero in football etc

He kept bringing up how nothing in football gets to him and was ultra defensive in most interviews, even when we were winning

It's a lot easier to stay positive on a three year roll of success than it is when a team is struggling. Also compare PL's evident enthusiasm, both publicly and with the squad, when he came in with the last few months.

It's telling how well McCarthy kept the players with him even through some reasonably crap periods of results.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Brennar pretty scathing on Paul Lambert here on 09:45 - Mar 3 with 3932 viewsunstableblue

I like Brennar and it was almost cathartic for him, offloading just how bad it’s been. The highlights were dire and had some real low light press conference vibes from Lambert.

Good job from Rich of your podcast as well. I got even further fired up for the game and the remainder of the season.

Shame the performance was pretty poor, bar a few players.

I sense that Cook got more involved than intended - must have been hard not to with so many glaring errors on display!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Brennar pretty scathing on Paul Lambert here on 09:45 - Mar 3 with 3920 viewsSomethingBlue

Brennar pretty scathing on Paul Lambert here on 08:58 - Mar 3 by davblue

Think it's fair to say PL always very good with nationals and not so much with local guys.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Brennar pretty scathing on Paul Lambert here on 09:59 - Mar 3 with 3751 viewspointofblue

Brenner sounding clearly unimpressed with the five year contract is the best part of this.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Brennar pretty scathing on Paul Lambert here on 10:04 - Mar 3 with 3694 viewsBLUEBEAT

Terrible manager of football, public relations and life in general (personal bank account aside)

Poll: W or W

Brennar pretty scathing on Paul Lambert here on 10:31 - Mar 3 with 3436 viewsDanTheMan

I'd forgotten all about that time he took Jackson off to bring Drinnan on.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Brennar pretty scathing on Paul Lambert here on 10:34 - Mar 3 with 3381 viewspeterleeblue

I would imagine that every football manager in the land would be happy to have Brennar asking the questions. Very amenable from what I hear.
Brennar pretty scathing on Paul Lambert here on 10:34 - Mar 3 with 3377 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Brennar pretty scathing on Paul Lambert here on 10:45 - Mar 3 with 3276 viewsclive_baker

Firmly in BW’s corner here. He does a good job for BBC Suffolk and Lambert is just an absolute, arrogant ar5e. Not to mention an incompetent football manager who has achieved nothing of note for a decade. Good riddance.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Brennar pretty scathing on Paul Lambert here on 11:28 - Mar 3 with 3003 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Brennar pretty scathing on Paul Lambert here on 09:23 - Mar 3 by Hipsterectomy

I wonder what talksport and Jim had to say about PL at all those failures?
Brennar pretty scathing on Paul Lambert here on 11:35 - Mar 3 with 2934 viewsSmithy

Horrible little man, listening to that just makes you constantly say what a ...... Finish listening to it and then smile to think he's no longer here. By all accounts Cook can also get a bit prickly in pressers which is fine as long as its not personal and you can back it up.

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Brennar pretty scathing on Paul Lambert here on 12:12 - Mar 3 with 2708 viewsDyland

He is so quick to respond to will he miss Lambert with "not at all".

Arrogant fool. Lambert not Wooley, obviously. So ironic given all the good things he talked up about ITFC to begin with.

I know Evans is ultimately responsible for the malaise at ITFC but I have no sympathy with Lambert at all, he did a sh1t job and he did it without any grace or good humour. Good riddance.

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Brennar pretty scathing on Paul Lambert here on 12:39 - Mar 3 with 2479 viewsThe_Major

I think it's telling that the journos he fell out with (Brenner, Stuart Watson, that Ham bloke) were all local ones, whereas he had no problems with the national ones.
Brennar pretty scathing on Paul Lambert here on 12:41 - Mar 3 with 2460 viewsSwailsey

Brennar pretty scathing on Paul Lambert here on 12:39 - Mar 3 by The_Major

I think it's telling that the journos he fell out with (Brenner, Stuart Watson, that Ham bloke) were all local ones, whereas he had no problems with the national ones.

It's almost like the national ones don't dig deep enough to know how bad he was.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024